Jerry on how to get the run game going

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The RB position is probably the one that Jerry understands the least.

I should have just listed my reasons in a file somewhere in my computer so I can just copy it. I don't have the energy or time right now to write a dozen paragraphs.

Suffice it to say, if you look at the history of the position since Jerry became owner, you will see Emmitt's holdout, Barbers promotion to franchise back, the free agency departure of Murray, and the contract of Zeke.

Do Jerry's actions indicate that he knows what he is talking about?
man that's a really good point. Never really thought about it that way.

But also, HB is only part of the problem right now

Cydios

Reaction score
I always thought it was run to open the passing game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cowboys have to hurt teams who are playing more coverage and defending the run with light boxes.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I wonder what the SanFran, KC, or Philly owner would have said if asked that very question?

Actually...we all already know: "You'll have to ask the coaches about that"

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why do you listen to this Dumbo GM? Cowboys threw the ball from 1989 until 11-18-1990 with the same results you have now. Then Jimmy Johnson got rid of the OC and ran the game plan through the running game of Emmitt Smith. I was at that Rams game in Anahiem. The Cowboys then went on a 4 game winning streak running the ball, passing to score, and resting the defense to attack fresh. 3 Super Bowls latter the rest is Dallas Cowboys HISTORY not Jerry Dumbo GM Jones Arlington Jonesboys STORY.

No running game is established with the pass. You pass to score and run to win. Defense wins championships. As long as there is football, that will never change.
I remember that game well and exactly where I was.

That was arguably when that team began their run. IMO it 100% was.

I don’t know if your theory is correct or not, but something DID click that day and they went on a run thereafter until Aikman went down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Better run blocking.

I don’t find it coincidental that the run game has been far worse now that Schottenheimer has introduced his new OL blocking scheme.
Agree with the run blocking being part of the problem. As for the blocking scheme, it falls more on Mike Solari. He is the Oline coach. Plus, he's the one who allowed McGovern to leave and Farniok get cut. Not so great moves, especially concerning the run game (or lack of it).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why do you listen to this Dumbo GM? Cowboys threw the ball from 1989 until 11-18-1990 with the same results you have now. Then Jimmy Johnson got rid of the OC and ran the game plan through the running game of Emmitt Smith. I was at that Rams game in Anahiem. The Cowboys then went on a 4 game winning streak running the ball, passing to score, and resting the defense to attack fresh. 3 Super Bowls latter the rest is Dallas Cowboys HISTORY not Jerry Dumbo GM Jones Arlington Jonesboys STORY.

No running game is established with the pass. You pass to score and run to win. Defense wins championships. As long as there is football, that will never change.
Correction: It all starts with the Oline.

If you don't have a good Oline that can run and pass block we'll, along with have good backups, it won't matter who you have a QB, RB, FB, TE and WR.