Jerry on how to get the run game going

CCBoy

Reaction score
Copy and paste much? I couldn't get past the first paragraph.
There was plenty not copied and pasted. Proof of stats was requested...obviously blown off by yourself in the shorter questions asked.

Obviously you were too lazy to read through the written parts that included rational progressions and not heresay attitudes.

One must enjoy that on site more, huh?

I really don't about a crying objection on cause and length.

I do copy and paste a lot as I confront the real issues beyond just taking a personal and easier attitude. I support the cause for a stance...that does NOT live and grow on a personal attitude but healthy directions in leadership and principals for a team and it's real strengths. Not a group supportive series of egos instead.

I don't remove the real respect out of issues for the removal of ethics and morales in sight.

Cry on your own time...or just keep what you insult out of talk to myself. I don't care beyond then, if you like my discussed view on that basis.

I don't think your retention or length is your judgemental process on a defineable topic. The questions were asked and earnestly answered. :popcorn:

You don't like long posts ask that I be banned. I'll answer questions fully.

IF that is curtailed...I simply will never be back...have at it. Doesn't scare this fan!

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Laugh at Jerry all you like but how many here have won the NCAA national championship and were a co-captain on his team? Far from a Jones apologist but he knows a little something about football.
We don't doubt that he knows a little something. I think most of us were looking for GM credentials that were just a tad more impressive.

The are around 300 former college football players with similar credentials over the years, a captain of a team that won a national championship.

Most GM's in the NFL have about 20 to 30 years of success at every level of pro scouting, as success gives them opportunities to move up. After all their hard work over those years it's just a little insulting to suggest that, well, Jerry was once the captain of his college team and that trumps decades of success at every level.

plasticman

Reaction score
You already know the answers to who...Jerry Jones studied with San Francisco, in house for weeks with their owner to learn industry as well as their example of franchise on concepts and schemes as well. He then studied with the Raiders and retained AFC/NFC imputs and leadership concepts from there on. I'd say being included with all discussion in house with Jimmy Johnson was very impactful as to running the ball as well. Then there was the four years with Bill Parcells. But even more recently, I'd say that Mike McCarthy was pretty impactful on West Coast concepts and Jerry was fully involved, as GM, on those concepts and designs as well. I person would have to be just biased not to conclude that as a minimum, Jerry is fully knowledgeable after all this time, as well as able to follow progressions as well as identify change elements, both as they occur as well as disjointed and also observing as an owner-disjointed from just judging on a play by play and seasonal progression basis. No, he is no where a fool in either of his roles. He has led to the current status.

He has delved into and nailed one of the very best talent evaluation element in the NFL. Who outside of Jerry is responsible for this very fact? That was done with Jerry as the GM.

Jerry, who he tried to give a professional level of loyalty to, but decided that he had to move on from Jason Garrett. When he did that, he wasn't blind as he never does a move that he hasn't researched for a few years...unless it involves a player. Here he goes for talent, controversial, but he makes a lot comotion in the media. Interest is high and is after all is sounded, elevating and allows comparison to many positive elements in football as well. That part is elevating for the players as well. They are a class organizational element and even when traveling, the Dallas Cowboys are noted and players given privilege.

Now, Jerry the GM, did the work to bring in Mike McCarthy. He was kind of a behind the scenes selection, but earned Jerry's respect because Jerry himself understood the strength of the man as the head coach. Jerry had fully functional knowledge of schemes and player development through the tons of interviews he had conducted over a very long period of time.

First off, he had watched Green Bay and was part of the evaluation element when McCarthy came up with Green Bay. Jerry already was well schooled on how he did his job as well as his coaching and leadership abilities. He followed and understood just how that team rose and Mike McCarthy got the job done.

Year two for McCarthy, he led the Packers to the Playoffs. Then year 5, and with 6 starters out, and the #6 seed in the NFC, led his team to a Lombardi losing 2 of his starters out in that very game. He led his team and on concepts.

Hiring McCarthy wasn't the first intensive study by Jerry the GM, upon Mike McCarthy. The Dallas Cowboys had lost to his team and Tom Brady a couple of times more recently as well...in the Playoffs.

Now, under McCarthy, the team has added quite a few very good, or at least strong players to the roster. It has grown, under his leadership, to a quality, talented team. Don't agree with this, again, one is just being biased.

First off, he possesses two real diamonds on his roster who could make it on any team in the NFL...Parsons and Lamb. That is on both sides of the ball and can't be argued about, period.

But over the past two seasons, the Cowboys have proven they are fully able to run and pass the ball at a very strong level. Running the ball has been respectable and productive at a strong level. The scheme was respectable and through the leadership of McCarthy. San Diego is proving right now, that Moore wasn't a walk on water leader some fans were trying to complain about Jerry with. That is now established now as well. They had a respectable team to start with. They also have dropped this season.

McCarthy bases his current offense on the very principals he took to a Super Bowl in Green Bay. He spreads the field and creates space. He takes advantage with a strong runner. That he has here with the Cowboys with Lamb and Pollard. The meat and potatoes of moving the ball downfield, is and was dependent upon strengths of a play design that pitched a stronger level player at his #3 and #4 play receiver against a weaker #3 and #4 level defender. With the most recent pickup, he has added a receiver that in the Red Zone, is quick and also can elevate giving the Red Zone Cowboys even more of an advantage.

Now the Cardinals game pitched an offensive line together for the very first time of a unit had been together in more than a year and a half. A problem to work out? You bet it was. But it as a group, still needing some time together, is presenting stronger than in the near past. I would put the Smith's left side against the stability of any team.

One can see what not having a dominant wide receiver and their lead dog running back does to even a team like San Francisco. It brought the function of their QB and team achievement to the ground. It has just lost 3 straight games.

Now to your quest for stat tracking to validate, before the season plays out...and a question mark unless one listens to reasoning as validation:

2021-

regular season

Dak Prescott​

4,449 total yards passing
68.8 % completion
10 interceptions

Zeke Elliott
1,002 yards rushing

CD Lamb
1,102 receiving yards
3rd in NFL in scoring

regular season

Prescott (with injury)
66.2 %
15 interceptions

Pollard
1007 yards rushing

Lamb
1,350 receiving yards

2023 (to date)

Prescott
68.6%

The other comparisons are incomplete but this fan keeps the faith and I'm not going to contribute further upon what will instead be insult material, and no carrying of any good faith.

Playoff games against San Francisco -

Dallas

Passing Yards
D. Prescott
DAL

D. Prescott

23-37, 206 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT
B. Purdy
SF

B. Purdy

19-29, 214 YDS

Rushing Yards
E. Elliott
DAL

E. Elliott

10 CAR, 26 YDS
E. Mitchell
SF

E. Mitchell

14 CAR, 51 YDS

Receiving Yards
C. Lamb
DAL

C. Lamb

10 REC, 117 YDS
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3040151/george-kittle
G. Kittle
SF

G. Kittle

5 REC, 95 YDS
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3040151/george-kittle

Dallas 12 - San Francisco 19 (7 point difference)

J. Garoppolo
SF

J. Garoppolo

16-25, 172 YDS, 1 INT
D. Prescott
DAL

D. Prescott

23-43, 254 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT
Rushing Yards
E. Mitchell
SF

E. Mitchell

27 CAR, 96 YDS, 1 TD
E. Elliott
DAL

E. Elliott

12 CAR, 31 YDS
Receiving Yards
B. Aiyuk
SF

B. Aiyuk

5 REC, 66 YDS
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3117256/dalton-schultz
D. Schultz
DAL

D. Schultz

89 yards

Dallas 17 - San Francisco 23 (6 point difference)

An analysis:

The Arizona game found the Dallas on the level of a beginning training camp level of cohesion and execution. A fluke as it occurred then.

The San Francisco loss, the team rhythms were in array and momentum was not overcome, but this team has settled back recently. The Cowboys are in growth again and have a strength of the team over the previous 2 seasons and strongly improving right now.

The Eagles game saw Dallas in the middle of the action. The Cowboys could have won it on any of 3 specific plays.

At present, the Cowboys are tied for 3rd in the NFC, which should starting this week, start improving from that point. Whether one is rooting for a negative or not!

At the very least, the team deserves consideration and are growing at the same time...
Oooohhhh!

Jerry studied.

He even "learned".

He held discussions with Jimmy Johnson.....although he had already made himself GM by then to the amusement of the media when they found out months later.

Jerry delved, researched, and even watched. I had no idea. Truly impressive.

Wait, wait!

Did I say "studied"? My bad, that was supposed to be "intensive study", like what he did before he hired Mike McCarthy.

Was this the same level of intensity he used to find his vice president and director of player personnel, Stephen Jones? What a truly shocking and surprising coincidence when his exhaustive research led him to someone who used to live in his home.

The only concepts and designs in Jerry's head is his scheme to rewrite history and portray himself as the architect of those championship teams. All he was ever involved in was writing checks the same as any other NFL owner. He was the paying customer for the services of Jimmy Johnson and the players he brought in to form those teams. Jerry has "after the fact" knowledge, typically just repeating something he heard from a coach or scout. Unfortunately, knowledge isn't enough. I'm afraid it actually requires some degree of talent and that is why the only NFL team that would ever hire him as a GM would happen to be owned by him.

You are correct, the Cowboys had some very good teams since 1995. With any other GM, the Cowboys could, should, and would have won a championship.

quickccc

Reaction score
(sigh) ... oh Jerry...
Maybe this is typical Jerry covering up for his coaches.

- Normally i could think Jerry can be conned by his coaches - and he'll go with whatever BS excuses his coaches
feed him. .. but those same coaches still have Stephen Jones to deal with too.

And whether fans believe it or not,.. Stephen has become more of a bigger and powerful influence on Cowboys direction and movement than even Jerry.
Father Jerry is gradually passing the torch to his son Stephen.

Both will play it off that it will favor the coaches in public, ... but rest assure behind closed door meetings
the Jones are gonna ask serious & direct questions, looking for the right logical answers - and if they
are unsatisfied, they/management will force the changes both in season and most definitely
post season.

- Which will definitely mean drastic changes. Admittedly I know I definitely want TWO of them.
:angry:

quickccc

Reaction score
Jerry cannot be that naive ..
there is utterly zip zero about this run game where defenses have to fear and respect to load up

Plus add to it - per our HC/play caller we simply do not place any at all emphasis on deep shots/over the top
weapon dimension to help stretch out opposing defenses ...

1) Defenses dare us to run the ball.....
2) and they dare us to beat them with deep shots and over the top

Because we are so mediocre in both areas - they don't fear us at all and we play into their hands.
:mad:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oooohhhh!

Jerry studied.

He even "learned".

He held discussions with Jimmy Johnson.....although he had already made himself GM by then to the amusement of the media when they found out months later.

Wait, wait!

Did I say "studied"? My bad, that was supposed to be "intensive study", like what he did before he hired Mike McCarthy.

Was this the same level of intensity he used to find his vice president and director of player personnel, Stephen Jones? What a truly shocking and surprising coincidence when his exhaustive research led him to someone who used to live in his home.

The only concepts and designs in Jerry's head is his scheme to rewrite history and portray himself as the architect of those championship teams. All he was ever involved in was writing checks the same as any other NFL owner. He was the paying customer for the services of Jimmy Johnson and the players he brought in to form those teams. Jerry has "after the fact" knowledge, typically just repeating something he heard from a coach or scout. Unfortunately, knowledge isn't enough. I'm afraid it actually requires some degree of talent and that is why the only NFL team that would ever hire him as a GM would happen to be owned by him.

You are correct, the Cowboys had some very good teams since 1995. With any other GM, the Cowboys could, should, and would have won a championship.
Don't worry, if I need a Daddy you will be the first to come to mind...the Air Force Academy is being shown on the game today. Know about them also, like you supposedly do about the Cowboys?
:thumbdown:
You can take your intended insult and wish a Veteran learns your version of a team...

Fmart322

Reaction score
Run Dowdle up the middle and Pollard outside the tackles.
Give Dowdle a little more of the running game load.
The Cowboys do great with 2 RBs. We don't need a bell cow RB these days.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't worry, if I need a Daddy you will be the first to come to mind...the Air Force Academy is being shown on the game today. Know about them also, like you supposedly do about the Cowboys?
:thumbdown:
You can take your intended insult and wish a Veteran learns your version of a team...
Well, did the running game stay away because of Jerry as you called the action. Sorry, I won't bother responding to you again. Respond with another rootie toot...I won't respond with you hereforth. I care not your responses further. I'm a Cowboys fan and don't really care now what you say!

The Cowboys win as they should have... :starspin:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
He's not often right, but he is in this case. Pass to set up the run. Get a lead.by being aggressive through the air, using play action, THEN run the ball with the lead.

Yall can make fun of Coach JJ, but in this instance, the owner is right. And McCarthy is starting to call the games accordingly, thank goodness.

Any semblance of balance will come once the Cowboys get the lead.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oooohhhh!

Jerry studied.

He even "learned".

Wait, wait!

You are in SO much trouble.

Run.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Not
Goood old coach jerry the moron has spoken
Nope, not on this one. He speaketh the truth. This is a passing team on offense. Pass to set up the run. Get the lead, and then run the ball. That's best for this offense and o-line. Too many weapons on the outside to simply pound the rock early in the game, and the offensive line isn't opening enough holes in the middle to run the ball early and often. It's futile.