Jerry on Linehan: Why would I put a statement out when we might have an opportunity next week?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
and staff needed

That would be part of it. If the new OC felt he needed to bring in his coaches, then you let him do it because they already understand how to implement his offense.

Note that I absolutely don't expect us to bring in an innovative offensive coordinator even if we fire Linehan because I don't think outsmarting the opponent fits Garrett's philosophy. I actually think Linehan is held back by having to adhere to Garrett's belief that it's all about execution.

Rayman70

Reaction score
stoops met with Jerry in Oklahoma midseason. He met him again in Dallas during the Seahawk game. He was in the luxury box with him and his family. Those are the facts to date. Now rumor is they have spoken about hypotheticals via phone. If anyone has heard anything new or different,let me know. Food for thought. Jerry never EVER lacks a back up plan or contingency plan as far as coaching goes. One good thing is he wants to win. The question is, how badly and to what degree?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I just wonder who he is targeting for O.C.?
or is he just spewing.
usually tho...he does like to tip his hand...and did here.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dan Campbell...Saints asst hc/te's coach.
played here...Texas native.
is he the target for O.C???

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'll have to tolerate keeping Garrett for another season, but cannot and will not tolerate keeping Linehan for another season. He should be gone before the NFC Draft even takes place

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The Jones' are very transparent. And they never say anything without already having a view of where theyre going or what they want to do. Theres guys from the last 4 teams that are interesting.

Josh McDaniels: I dont think he would ever leave for a OC job as he's probably the next HC in NE.
Eric Bieniemy: the hot name but he doesnt call plays. Thats why he was passed over for 8 jobs this yr.

Now for guys who could be looked at?

Joe Lombardi QB coach with the Saints. Was a OC for the Lions under JIm Caldwell which was a disaster from the start.
Aaron Kromer Coordinator for te Rams, McVay calls plays but Kromer as been OC for the bears.

I guess the Alternative is Linehan?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Jerry really needs to learn the value of an unexpressed thought.

So basically, he just undercut his current OC because he thinks he can get a better one next week but if he can't, then oh boy, we are stuck with the OC that he didn't really think was all that good anyway since I was looking to upgrade anyway.

I think it's the kiss of death for Linehan. He's gone either way.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The Jones' are very transparent. And they never say anything without already having a view of where theyre going or what they want to do. Theres guys from the last 4 teams that are interesting.

Josh McDaniels: I dont think he would ever leave for a OC job as he's probably the next HC in NE.
Eric Bieniemy: the hot name but he doesnt call plays. Thats why he was passed over for 8 jobs this yr.

Now for guys who could be looked at?

Joe Lombardi QB coach with the Saints. Was a OC for the Lions under JIm Caldwell which was a disaster from the start.
Aaron Kromer Coordinator for te Rams, McVay calls plays but Kromer as been OC for the bears.

I guess the Alternative is Linehan?

Kafka is the Chiefs QB coach. Young guy, green though. Played under Reid for 2 years in Philly.

I doubt we make a drastic move like a KC guy though. Rams are out of the picture too. Saints have a bunch of coaches but i'm too lazy to look.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Garrett staying is not part of my dreams lol.

But what does Garrett do? He is at less of the controls than linehan. Pretty sure the fans would rather have it the other way around.

Garrett can stay back there and clap for the next 50 years as long as he doesnt step foot into the cockpit.

lkelly

Reaction score
He’s working on some contractual stuff.

HOF%20Jerry%20Jones(2)

Close up view of his desk:

go-with-me.jpg

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Kafka is the Chiefs QB coach. Young guy, green though. Played under Reid for 2 years in Philly.

I doubt we make a drastic move like a KC guy though. Rams are out of the picture too. Saints have a bunch of coaches but i'm too lazy to look.

Why are Rams out of the picture? Id seem to think Dallas would've love what they saw. Kromer is the run game coordinator. And thats where the game was won.

Te saints also have Dan Campbell but he too has never called plays. I could see this kind of fit tho.