Twitter: Jerry on NFL Network

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen talk like Dak is big in the plans publicly, but they're getting tired of the BS.

By being so complementary in public, it makes Dak and his agent look like the problem.

Truth is, I think they already feel like they're overpaying, and they're frustrated that Dak doesn't see that.

They have to be telling themselves that there is no upside in saying anything negative about Dak and the negotiations publicly so that is why we get sunshine and daffodils publicly but we still haven’t got a deal and Dalton was signed for some leverage.

Qcard

Reaction score
You should probably have some idea of what you are talking about before this is the case you make for hating romo and calling him a choker.

its typical though. Keep the hate alive.
Sorry bruh...I love Romo. He kept our Cowboys relevant and helped Jerry build the stadium but from a Dallas Cowboys team Standard??? Romo isn't even near Danny White.
Romo will get his ROH but he choked in the biggest games...very simple bruh

Keep it moving...

MikeB80

Reaction score
Sorry bruh...I love Romo. He kept our Cowboys relevant and helped Jerry build the stadium but from a Dallas Cowboys team Standard??? Romo isn't even near Danny White.
Romo will get his ROH but he choked in the biggest games...very simple bruh

Keep it moving...

geez. i mean at least get the easy stuff right. Romo had less than zero to do with the new stadium. That new stadium was all Parcells. We voted yes to it in november of 2004 and it got on the ballot because the 03 season and the area thinking jerry had changed his ways.

this stuff I guess works on morons on facebook and twitter though so more power to you bruh.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They have to be telling themselves that there is no upside in saying anything negative about Dak and the negotiations publicly so that is why we get sunshine and daffodils publicly but we still haven’t got a deal and Dalton was signed for some leverage.

I wish this was true.

However I think it was just a perfect marriage with perfect timing and the perfect price tag.

McCarthy has a good relationship with Marvin Lewis going back to their time at Pitt together. He probably made a phone call and found out Dalton has the perfect attitude and demeanor to be a backup for a year in this situation.

Dak is going to get record breaking money no matter what and he will get his way on the years one way or another.

cern

Reaction score
geez. i mean at least get the easy stuff right. Romo had less than zero to do with the new stadium. That new stadium was all Parcells. We voted yes to it in november of 2004 and it got on the ballot because the 03 season and the area thinking jerry had changed his ways.

this stuff I guess works on morons on facebook and twitter though so more power to you bruh.
The new stadium was nfl money, city of arlington bonds (they were ecstatic to get the team), bank of America and a nice chunk of Jerry's money. Then some at$t money. It would have been built even if campo still coached the team.

cern

Reaction score
Jerry’s always promoting and selling his product. Same ole same ole. I thought he was taking a lesser role. Lol
Great salesmen and promoters should be allowed to do just that. Jerry's the best at those . He's 77. Give him his due.

Qcard

Reaction score

Ok..thank you for your vote though my family lives in a near by city AT&T Stadium increased value to the community in large.

So I assume you live in Arlington City because you claimed "we voted yes" which was a tax to fund Arlington's obligation for about $325M. Jerry got $150M from NFL and Jones were to cover any over runs..

Cowboy Stadium cost about $1.5B. You do the math fellow Tolo....I don't do Facebook or Twitter but I guess weak retorts like that make you feel above social media...you are like the guy on the horse cart laughing at the combustible engine... screaming whale oil for life.....

Get real bruh.. Romo ascension gave the Cowboy fans a pulse. Jerry conciled his debt on Stadium with AT&T naming rights in 2013 oh and confidentially Romo got $55M guarantees in extension...

Do the math?

Romo built the Stadium. If you think taxes from fans is the eclixar...you need a history lesson

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason I pay any attention to a Jerry Jones interview the last few years is to
  • See if he can set the Guinness world record for how many times he says the word “Uh” in a presser.
  • See if there is any level of sentence structure or coherency.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The new stadium was nfl money, city of arlington bonds (they were ecstatic to get the team), bank of America and a nice chunk of Jerry's money. Then some at$t money. It would have been built even if campo still coached the team.

nope. The jones family spent years trying to get a new stadium and nobody would fund it or put in on the ballot. They intentionally let Texas Stadium go to hell to get their new stadium. The roof was peeling off and falling on our heads after floating through the air for the last 5 or so years of the stadium. The bathrooms were awful and the walkway around the outside reeked of garbage as did the ramps up the second level.

The Arrival of Parcells and the unexpected success of the 03 season helped The Jones family swindle arlington's mayor to get the stadium vote on the ballot which of course passed due to the changed perception of Jerry. Jerry and Bill did an NFL network commercial, Coach Parcells did a local commercial promoting the new stadium and the importance of voting yes.

up until parcells got here no one was going to fund this with public money, the city of Dallas continued to say no even when Parcells was here and the trucking company that owned the land next door to texas stadium that Jerry needed to build the new stadium there refused to part with it.

It was arlington or nothing and it passed because Parcells changed the culture in every possible way with that 03 season. Something at the terrible stadium should be named after him.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Ok..thank you for your vote though my family lives in a near by city AT&T Stadium increased value to the community in large.

So I assume you live in Arlington City because you claimed "we voted yes" which was a tax to fund Arlington's obligation for about $325M. Jerry got $150M from NFL and Jones were to cover any over runs..

Cowboy Stadium cost about $1.5B. You do the math fellow Tolo....I don't do Facebook or Twitter but I guess weak retorts like that make you feel above social media...you are like the guy on the horse cart laughing at the combustible engine... screaming whale oil for life.....

Get real bruh.. Romo ascension gave the Cowboy fans a pulse. Jerry conciled his debt on Stadium with AT&T naming rights in 2013 oh and confidentially Romo got $55M guarantees in extension...

Do the math?

Romo built the Stadium. If you think taxes from fans is the eclixar...you need a history lesson

again. The stadium has nothing to do with Romo. Zero. Nothing.

also we learned a few years ago during jerry's spat with the owners in new england and atlanta that the league money paid for a majority of the stadium and he borrowed a ton more than 150 million. That is why the super bowl was here the league essentially paid for the stadium with its coffers.

again you are speaking to me as if you have facts instead of the reality that you are spouting your ignorance.

Qcard

Reaction score
again. The stadium has nothing to do with Romo. Zero. Nothing.

also we learned a few years ago during jerry's spat with the owners in new england and atlanta that the league money paid for a majority of the stadium and he borrowed a ton more than 150 million. That is why the super bowl was here the league essentially paid for the stadium with its coffers.

again you are speaking to me as if you have facts instead of the reality that you are spouting your ignorance.
Reality is based on facts and players build stadiums.
You can twist your reality into anything you want. But good thing about Facebook and Twitter you can fact check people's "reality".

Bye Felicia...

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Dak signing, I just hope the process doesn't end up creating hard feelings that can effectthe wayin which everyone communictaes with each other.

cern

Reaction score
nope. The jones family spent years trying to get a new stadium and nobody would fund it or put in on the ballot. They intentionally let Texas Stadium go to hell to get their new stadium. The roof was peeling off and falling on our heads after floating through the air for the last 5 or so years of the stadium. The bathrooms were awful and the walkway around the outside reeked of garbage as did the ramps up the second level.

The Arrival of Parcells and the unexpected success of the 03 season helped The Jones family swindle arlington's mayor to get the stadium vote on the ballot which of course passed due to the changed perception of Jerry. Jerry and Bill did an NFL network commercial, Coach Parcells did a local commercial promoting the new stadium and the importance of voting yes.

up until parcells got here no one was going to fund this with public money, the city of Dallas continued to say no even when Parcells was here and the trucking company that owned the land next door to texas stadium that Jerry needed to build the new stadium there refused to part with it.

It was arlington or nothing and it passed because Parcells changed the culture in every possible way with that 03 season. Something at the terrible stadium should be named after him.
Jerry dealt with dallas mayor laura miller who insisted the new stadium be built in fair park. Jerry was adamantly opposed to that area. Laura miscalculated, thinking jerry would cave in, and would never leave the dallas area. She blew it. Dallas' loss was arlington's gain. Any time eminent domain and raised taxes are concerned there is a campaign to win the voters. Just the way things work.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Reality is based on facts and players build stadiums.
You can twist your reality into anything you want. But good thing about Facebook and Twitter you can fact check people's "reality".

Bye Felicia...

The stadium was voted on and being built before Romo ever took a snap....well before he threw a pass, he took the two final snaps vs philly in the blowout win in october of 05.

The fact that you choose this as a hill to die on over your hate for Romo is quite bizarre.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry dealt with dallas mayor laura miller who insisted the new stadium be built in fair park. Jerry was adamantly opposed to that area. Laura miscalculated, thinking jerry would cave in, and would never leave the dallas area. She blew it. Dallas' loss was arlington's gain. Any time eminent domain and raised taxes are concerned there is a campaign to win the voters. Just the way things work.

your last post said Parcells had nothing to do with it and Jerry got the stadium built.

Laura miller handled it perfectly. The city has many more uses for money than building billionaires stadiums.

Jerry did use eminent domain in the surrounding area near the stadium.

Its also important to note that the voters were lied to on election day. The original plans for the stadium included Tom Hicks and the rangers combining forces to build a series of upscale apartments/shops/bars etc.. creating a small city like environment around the two stadiums.

The cowboys also promoted the stadium before the vote by saying there would be a Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame on the grounds along with numerous outdoor fields where the cowboys would hold training camp each year in Arlington. It was all a lie.

cern

Reaction score
The stadium was voted on and being built before Romo ever took a snap....well before he threw a pass, he took the two final snaps vs philly in the blowout win in october of 05.

The fact that you choose this as a hill to die on over your hate for Romo is quite bizarre.
I have a browning B80 in 20 gage. Beautiful shotgun.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Your name is MikeB80. The B80 should have been a clue. No evil intent.

honestly that went right over my head! I know less than nothing about weapons and I intend to keep it that way!