Twitter: Jerry on NFL Network

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I heard the same thing about Clappy, he is our guy and we feel great about him.

How did that work out?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Hang in there, buddy! He's been seriously misguided by a clever agent who might have just gone too far. Da 'Boys have been extremely fortunate in this offseason. Let's keep supporting our team and whatever it takes to renew their success in ways that may surprise us all. Let there be no doubt; we're alive and well. It actually seems we're getting stronger by the day. Let's be glad for that. Great things are very possible for this team. ;)

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Dak will get a new deal signed. It's always been clear that the Cowboys have every intention of Dak being the long term QB. But there is a little jab in that tweet directed towards Dak. Notice how Jerry beat around the bush by saying the Cowboys need to put players on the Cowboys that can win championships. Best way to do that is for Dak to agree to what the Cowboys are offering and allowing some extra cash to be spent on FA's.
Exactly what I grabbed from that Jerry quote and not necessarily completely wrong.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry always looks bigger when he's on the yacht. Must be all that white.

He's living it up and forming alliances that bode well for the team. Things could be far worse. In reality, they're getting way better! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Dak will get a new deal signed. It's always been clear that the Cowboys have every intention of Dak being the long term QB. But there is a little jab in that tweet directed towards Dak. Notice how Jerry beat around the bush by saying the Cowboys need to put players on the Cowboys that can win championships. Best way to do that is for Dak to agree to what the Cowboys are offering and allowing some extra cash to be spent on FA's.

I think Jerry is trying to lick his wounds that as a GM he hasn’t won Jack poo and his salvation is the all mighty Dak.

Brax

Reaction score

The standard Jerry "this team is built to win a championship" or something along that line, the yearly message for most of the last 20 years. Going to be real fun watching Jerry as loss after loss piles up. Jerry will be long gone before this team wins another Superbowl.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen talk like Dak is big in the plans publicly, but they're getting tired of the BS.

By being so complementary in public, it makes Dak and his agent look like the problem.

Truth is, I think they already feel like they're overpaying, and they're frustrated that Dak doesn't see that.
He isn’t going to see that. His agent has his head swollen. His agent wants every penny he can get and don’t care about any one else.. The media don’t help. He was the #1 FA QB this year..

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only reason I pay any attention to a Jerry Jones interview the last few years is to
  • See if he can set the Guinness world record for how many times he says the word “Uh” in a presser.
  • See if there is any level of sentence structure or coherency.
Personally, I enjoy brain teasers, puzzles, and the like. Interpreting Jerry "speak" is just an extension of that exercise... a bit of entertainment

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen talk like Dak is big in the plans publicly, but they're getting tired of the BS.

By being so complementary in public, it makes Dak and his agent look like the problem.

Truth is, I think they already feel like they're overpaying, and they're frustrated that Dak doesn't see that.

I am far from one to defend Jerry but I think he's in the right here. Other QBs in his peer group - Wentz, Goff - have signed long term deals that were essentially 6 year deals. Watson and Mahomes will likely sign similar.

It appears that Dallas wants him to sign a 5 year deal, which is perfectly fair and in line with his peers.

Now, this is based on what's being reported. For all we know, there could be a lot of issues here............. maybe Dallas is really light on guaranteed money, which would be a mistake on Jerry's part. Or maybe Dak is asking for other fairly ridiculous things.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak Hater Filter......this is nonsense. Wishful thinking based on Zero facts

We can only go by the reports, which yes, could be wrong. But right now it seems the big sticking point is years. Dak wants 4 so he can cash in on guaranteed money sooner and the Cowboys want 5 largely for cap purposes.

The Cowboys are in the right on this IMO. Dak's peers are Wentz and Goff (and soon to be Watson and Mahomes). Wentz and Goff signed four year extensions with two years left on their other deals to essentially form a new 6 year contract. Mahomes and Watson will likely end up with similar structures - essentially 6 year deals................ Asking Dak to sign a 5 year deal isn't unfair, frankly it's the smart move.

The question in the end is will Jerry cave. He often does.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It starts with getting dak signed. It's been problematic.
Since right now we have no choice..Dalton has to learn the offense and wait until Dak signs.

If this drags out Dalton can start and we have a chance to win.

This whole pandemic thing has just been killer for everything we would call normal.

Hope everybody is returning to work and staying well. Anybody who is otherwise, please get help.

Qcard

Reaction score
We can only go by the reports, which yes, could be wrong. But right now it seems the big sticking point is years. Dak wants 4 so he can cash in on guaranteed money sooner and the Cowboys want 5 largely for cap purposes.

The Cowboys are in the right on this IMO. Dak's peers are Wentz and Goff (and soon to be Watson and Mahomes). Wentz and Goff signed four year extensions with two years left on their other deals to essentially form a new 6 year contract. Mahomes and Watson will likely end up with similar structures - essentially 6 year deals................ Asking Dak to sign a 5 year deal isn't unfair, frankly it's the smart move.

The question in the end is will Jerry cave. He often does.
Whilst I respect reportings and journalism in general, most of the reports on Dak and Cowboys negotiations are click bait.

The Cowboys are not in the right! This isn't right or wrong just business. Dak is allowed to demand contract based on historic trends, individual production and CBA rights extended to all players.
Cowboys determined Dak's rights per CBA was exclusive Franchise Tag production. Business says Dak deserves whatever Market Value his agents deem plausible.

I don't care about years only guarantees. Cowboys can cut Dak any time.

Cap hell is a myth.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
your last post said Parcells had nothing to do with it and Jerry got the stadium built.

Laura miller handled it perfectly. The city has many more uses for money than building billionaires stadiums.

Jerry did use eminent domain in the surrounding area near the stadium.

Its also important to note that the voters were lied to on election day. The original plans for the stadium included Tom Hicks and the rangers combining forces to build a series of upscale apartments/shops/bars etc.. creating a small city like environment around the two stadiums.

The cowboys also promoted the stadium before the vote by saying there would be a Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame on the grounds along with numerous outdoor fields where the cowboys would hold training camp each year in Arlington. It was all a lie.
Wow. I did not know that. Pretty scummy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am far from one to defend Jerry but I think he's in the right here. Other QBs in his peer group - Wentz, Goff - have signed long term deals that were essentially 6 year deals. Watson and Mahomes will likely sign similar.

It appears that Dallas wants him to sign a 5 year deal, which is perfectly fair and in line with his peers.

Now, this is based on what's being reported. For all we know, there could be a lot of issues here............. maybe Dallas is really light on guaranteed money, which would be a mistake on Jerry's part. Or maybe Dak is asking for other fairly ridiculous things.
I’d argue based on the info we have been provided our offers to Dak are as you say “ in line with his peers”. But that is based on our opinions and evaluations and apparently Jerry and Stephens as well.

We can’t be sure how Dak evaluates himself and who he thinks his peers are. Maybe he thinks he’s more like Russell Wilson or maybe even Mahomes. IDK. But there’s definitely a disconnect between the sides.

Unfortunately I’m concerned we will Cave in like we often have but am more encouraged the Dalton deal signifies we might stick to our guns with arguably a viable option in place.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately I’m concerned we will Cave in like we often have but am more encouraged the Dalton deal signifies we might stick to our guns with arguably a viable option in place.
No reason to cave. If Dak doesn't sign, he will miss out on $2M per game he doesn't play. Bet you he won't miss many games.