News: Jerry on the Cowboys value: "more than $10 billion" but he will never ever sell

conner01

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying I just don't subscribe to the thought that a 79 year old billionaire finds making more money more important than winning an elusive superbowl one more time "his way"....you can't take it with you and regardless of how bad his ego is he absolutely knows this

Jerry has said plenty of things over the years and his ego has done a lot of bad things for this franchise, one can only hope he either steps back in his 80s or things change after he passes on and the team goes to his nimrod of a son....let's hope he's too dumb to be the gm and actually has to hire one....
I have no doubt winning means everything to Jerry. He has a huge ego and winning pets that ego
I think fans confusing his not knowing how to win with not wanting to win. If winning wasn’t important he could easily pockets millions more each year like many other teams do by simply not spending. Some think we don’t spend but in reality the cowboys spend near the most almost every year

fivetwos

Reaction score
I see a lot of ill-will toward the Jones boys in this thread and it's so disappointing. :(
I'm really not sure why youd expect otherwise.

Crap food, crap service, crap reviews.

You want fans to be happy that they have made billions?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jerrah would never sell his cash cow. HIs family will get their turn making billions and being inept at running a football organization. Jones boys for life!

CWR

Reaction score
i hope Jerrys children squabble and are forced to sell the team after his death,i absolutely cannot stand Stephen Jones and his stupid philosophy..

Yes, the old pretend to be responsible with the cap, then repeatedly blow deals and over pay your own under performing players philosophy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The problem is the Cowboys are a good team. This defense is about to go to another level and the offense is already top 10. Jerry won’t give up the reigns to anyone. I actually think he is more dug in like a tick in a dog’s ear.
he is...he is a dreamer and perhaps deep down inside he believes we are superbowl ready, but he doesn't realize that he himself is the cause that is stopping this team from reaching the top, ala putting an inexperienced OC in charge and telling HC to stay away from him. the kid is learning and still green and got schooled last year as I had been saying for a while. he is still not there and more than Dak, he needs everything to be perfect for his offense to work. I think we will struggle to win NFC east this year. have to get a few things to bounce our way and I am not ready to say that defense will take the next step. too many variables and usually with too many variables, at best half will work out, half won't and in the end its not much progress.

John813

Reaction score
He would never sell because he would become irrelevant. He's already a billionaire and cares about his football legacy to a fault.

stinkface

Reaction score
Sort of a Elon Musk strategy. You say its worth 10 Billion and then hope someone swoops in and offers 12 Billion and bingo, its sold.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why youd expect otherwise.

Crap food, crap service, crap reviews.

You want fans to be happy that they have made billions?
I'll explain. I eat before I go to the game. I'm not a Karen that expects great service at a football game. Crap reviews? You really are a Karen. lol

RS12

Reaction score
Come on Bezos (or anybody for God sakes) make that offer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'll explain. I eat before I go to the game. I'm not a Karen that expects great service at a football game. Crap reviews? You really are a Karen. lol
Not at all where I was going with that and I have no idea why you pat yourself on the back for not expecting anything from anyone but coming here and calling people names who may expect something different.

It's about everyone thinking the way you do?

What's the current catch phrase for that?

That's what YOU are. There you go.

And I didn't at ALL mean the damn FOOD served at the game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As an NFL GM, a Hall of Famer? That's funny.

I'm not sure why anyone confuses the two, especially Cowboys fans.

They say you learn something new every day.........did you know all HOF GMs are elected as Contributors? Ron Wolf, Bill Polian, and Bobby Bethard were all elected as Contributors. Even Ozzie Newsome is in a player, not GM. The point I've been trying to make is Jerry is a HOFer for his TOTAL contribution.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/why-jerry-jones-hall-fame

fivetwos

Reaction score
They say you learn something new every day.........did you know all HOF GMs are elected as Contributors? Ron Wolf, Bill Polian, and Bobby Bethard were all elected as Contributors. Even Ozzie Newsome is in a player, not GM. The point I've been trying to make is Jerry is a HOFer for his TOTAL contribution.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/why-jerry-jones-hall-fame
Ha fair enough.

They need to make a new category for someone who was a great "contributor," but stunk as a GM for a long as Jerry has, because it's unprecedented.

If anyone tells me Jerry's GM prowess is why he is in the HOF, we'll then I just don't agree.

Let's say he never got involved in league growth at all. Would he have gotten in?

Whoever would like to believe otherwise, enjoy it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ha fair enough.

They need to make a new category for someone who was a great "contributor," but stunk as a GM for a long as Jerry has, because it's unprecedented.

If anyone tells me Jerry's GM prowess is why he is in the HOF, we'll then I just don't agree.

Let's say he never got involved in league growth at all. Would he have gotten in?

Whoever would like to believe otherwise, enjoy it.
No, without his brilliant revolutionary revenue generating contributions he wouldn’t have got in. Kraft isn’t in with twice as many SB rings.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No, without his brilliant revolutionary revenue generating contributions he wouldn’t have got in. Kraft isn’t in.
Yep. If there's a ratio of GM vs his other actions, its 110% "contributor" and negative 10 percent GM of the team.

I wonder how many times Dalrymple utted the phrase, "the GM stuff has to be separate?" LOL.

There's ZERO shot his GM work helped in a positive way, and Jerry probably wouldnt even deny that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep. If there's a ratio of GM vs his other actions, its 110% "contributor" and negative 10 percent GM of the team.

I wonder how many times Dalrymple utted the phrase, "the GM stuff has to be separate?" LOL.

There's ZERO shot his GM work helped in a positive way, and Jerry probably wouldnt even deny that.
As a matter of fact time has proved his GMing has been a deterrent .

Especially with Jimmys induction which further supports who gets credit building those championship teams. One of the shortest coaching careers if not the shortest to be inducted .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not at all where I was going with that and I have no idea why you pat yourself on the back for not expecting anything from anyone but coming here and calling people names who may expect something different.

It's about everyone thinking the way you do?

What's the current catch phrase for that?

That's what YOU are. There you go.

And I didn't at ALL mean the damn FOOD served at the game.
LOL, you hate the Jones boys, I get it. I love the Jones boys, do you get that? We have different perspectives. I'm a real fan and you are a hater.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
while I wish it were that simple, I honestly don’t think it’s about the money….I think it’s about the ego- jerry wants to do it his way and he wants the credit….he’s never going to win with the setup they have now.

end of the day same result, but I genuinely believe jerry wants to win more than anyone but his primary motivator is feeding his ego….he’s at the end of his life, 10 billion or 100 billion makes no difference now for him, his quality of life doesn’t change…a Super Bowl win though validates his perceived life’s work (in his eyes)

It is. but I believe he deludes himself into believing it isn't. He convinces himself that he's the best chance Dallas has of succeeding because as the owner he can do whatever he believes it takes as the GM. He fails to understand that he doesn't know what it takes.

fivetwos

Reaction score
LOL, you hate the Jones boys, I get it. I love the Jones boys, do you get that? We have different perspectives. I'm a real fan and you are a hater.
What's a "real fan?"

Someone who would never complain about how the team is run no matter what?

rambo2

Reaction score
What's a "real fan?"

Someone who would never complain about how the team is run no matter what?
I would think that a real fan would enjoy a 12 and 5 season. I can understand complaining when they are losing, but not when they are winning and are favored to win the division again.