News: Jerry on the Cowboys value: "more than $10 billion" but he will never ever sell

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry =

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is rich. He aint Jerry Jones rich.
I'm sure Jimmy has a FEW rich buddies who would love to join him in an adventure like owning a part of American's Team. Win a couple of more SBs and that 8 -10 billion shoots up to 13 - 15 billion, not a bad return for the rich boys.............

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What's a "real fan?"

Someone who would never complain about how the team is run no matter what?
It's hilarious to me that that is your perspective. Meanwhile, your heart festers with hate for the Jones boys. :lmao:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That clears that up (lol).......so the only way this gets a new owner is he ( and probably Stephen too ) is 6 ft under.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...illion-franchise-jerry-jones-fmia-peter-king/

Amazing, especially considering that when Forbes did its annual valuation of franchises this year, the Broncos were 10th. So if the Broncos are 10th and worth $4.5 billion, what are the rolling-in-dough Cowboys worth? Forbes says $6.5 billion. The smartest business consultant in NFL circles, Marc Ganis, told me he thinks Jones would get $8 billion or $8.5 billion if he tried to sell. Jones, when I asked him, said:

“Ten up.”

Asked to clarify, he said, “more than $10 billion.”

“But let me make this very clear,” Jones said. “I’ll say it definitively. I will never do it. I will never sell the Cowboys. Ever.”
No the only way for a new owner is nfl forces jerry to sell the team. That is always possible.

Now the only problem is , who can afford to buy the cowboys at 8-10 billion ??????
It is possible someone could finance the purchase, as the team makes money and more if they had a SB team.

I already knew jerry would never sell, Stephen probably wont either unless forced to.
So root for something to come up that would make nfl force them to sell.
And even then jerry would fight the forced sell.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's a "real fan?"

It’s not just about complaining , it’s about calling out not only an abnormal way of running NFL football operations but challenging a dysfunctional organization .

Some of these supporters of our owner apparently don’t recognize we can be avid fans of our team and franchise while calling out our leadership.

It’s quite obvious of their short sight when only rebuttal becomes divisive fan rhetoric.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What's a "real fan?"

Yes.

"If you complain about 26 straight years of failure you're clearly not a Cowboys fan, but you're 100% an Eagles fan." - A group of tight-knit posters on this board.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and the Jones family are the gift that keeps on giving to every Cowboy Hater on the planet.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That clears that up (lol).......so the only way this gets a new owner is he ( and probably Stephen too ) is 6 ft under.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...illion-franchise-jerry-jones-fmia-peter-king/

Amazing, especially considering that when Forbes did its annual valuation of franchises this year, the Broncos were 10th. So if the Broncos are 10th and worth $4.5 billion, what are the rolling-in-dough Cowboys worth? Forbes says $6.5 billion. The smartest business consultant in NFL circles, Marc Ganis, told me he thinks Jones would get $8 billion or $8.5 billion if he tried to sell. Jones, when I asked him, said:

“Ten up.”

Asked to clarify, he said, “more than $10 billion.”

“But let me make this very clear,” Jones said. “I’ll say it definitively. I will never do it. I will never sell the Cowboys. Ever.”

6f64cf30-c93f-466f-a805-380b7c047970.gif

dckid

Reaction score
The Jones family will never win another championship either. Money is far more important.
It's not about money, it's just to feed his ego. I just wish every fan could see what Jerry Jones is about.
He has realized that the Cowboy brand and showmanship, sizzle is what sells. Substance no longer matters. This is a legacy organization along with the Steelers and probably the Packers. I would still rank the Cowboys at the top in terms of popularity and eyeballs.
The Patriots even with their dominance over the past 20 years will probably never reach the Cowboy level of dominance as it all happened under one era.

The only way to change the 27 year trajectory is for Jerry to wise up and change the culture or someone how the Jones family loses the team. I really hope Snyder brings down Jerry along with him.

dckid

Reaction score
Sure, he's a HOFer for doing things Jimmy Johnson told him to do 30 years ago, but when you jealously fire that guy and go over a quarter of a century of doing nothing "your way" it taints your legacy.

Jerry would have never had the know how or football knowledge to do what it took to create that dynasty in the 90s. That was all Jimmy. The only credit Jerry gets for that is listening to Jimmy.

When it comes to football Jerry is the joke of the NFL.
You are 100% right. He is the useful idiot to the NFL, TV networks. The Cowboys are the butt of jokes. No serious football fan really respects this organization. The Stupid clown world Jones family has ruined this organization from top to bottom.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are 100% right. He is the useful idiot to the NFL, TV networks. The Cowboys are the butt of jokes. No serious football fan really respects this organization. The Stupid clown world Jones family has ruined this organization from top to bottom.
Cowboy haters love Jethro knowing as long he’s running Cowboys Football it decreases our chances of succeeding .

You won’t find many opposing fans out there who’d trade owners with us this era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not about money, it's just to feed his ego. I just wish every fan could see what Jerry Jones is about.
He has realized that the Cowboy brand and showmanship, sizzle is what sells. Substance no longer matters. This is a legacy organization along with the Steelers and probably the Packers. I would still rank the Cowboys at the top in terms of popularity and eyeballs.
The Patriots even with their dominance over the past 20 years will probably never reach the Cowboy level of dominance as it all happened under one era.

The only way to change the 27 year trajectory is for Jerry to wise up and change the culture or someone how the Jones family loses the team. I really hope Snyder brings down Jerry along with him.
Yea but much of those eyeballs are rooting against us. And why much of the national rhetoric are Cowboys trolls. The nation loves laughing at and rooting against us. Social media attracts them as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and the Jones family are the gift that keeps on giving to every Cowboy Hater on the planet.
Yep

And I’d argue any Cowboys fan who still supports this ownership running Football operations are not part of the solution.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Chiefs owner, Lamar Hunt said that Jerry sticking his next out to buy a business that was losing 1 million a month was one the bravest/craziest business moves he'd seen.

People forget that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was hoping that Elon Musk would forget all about Twitter and buy the Cowboys but so much for that.
Let’s hope he backs out of buying Twitter.

The good news for Cowboy fans after 33 years of this dysfunctional ownership is we are nearing the end with Jethro turning 80 this year. His heirs aren’t likely to be as embarrassing.