Jerry on Tyler Smith at LT

plymkr

Reaction score
First thing I thought of was La’El Collins. He was an asset at LG, and was never the same player at RT but didn’t want to go back
Did they resign Collins? I’d be happy if they signed him again for depth and backup purposes. Collins is a knucklehead but as of right now he’s better than Hoffman or Edoga.

rambo2

Reaction score
They're praying a LT is there at their pick. Everyone knows this. Someone will probably trade right ahead of them. So Tyler is the contingency plan.
Maybe not if Latu or Brian Thomas Jr. Is there. There are a lot of different things that could happen. They could even surprise us with Sweat, Fiske, or Cooper.

rambo2

Reaction score
So our plan in 2024 for one of the three most important positions on the team is who the hell knows
Last year you guys complained that they kept Tyron. Now you guys complain because they let him go.

quickccc

Reaction score
He is saying if they don't draft a LT in the 1st, they are probably drafting a C, and Tyler slides over.
They probably will draft a center eventually, but it's not necessarily a first round for sure.

- You don't just draft a center very high (as with ANY position) for the sake of drafting one, because the need is so great.
Frankly I'm meaning to say, we don't need to reach for a center that high, if it's not according to
value of our draft board.

- if that high regarded Tyler Smith like prospect is not there by our 1st rd pick, we'll go to the next valued player
on McClay's draft board and address that OT role in the next round, .. or as you previously said move Tyler to LT,
address the C position in the next few rounds -2nd, 3rd - 4th round, per value of McClay's draft board.

- oh yes, BWT, I do very highly expect a starting rookie RB within 2 or 3rd rd.

- Tyler's LG replacement ?
Is it too far out of question of viewing TJ Bass as a possible LG replacement ?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, depends on who falls or who is there when we pick.
They may think that Mitchell is another Lamb. They may think Murphy is a stud and he might be there. There is no telling what will happen.

rambo2

Reaction score
They probably will draft a center eventually, but it's not necessarily a first round for sure.

- You don't just draft a center very high (as with ANY position) for the sake of drafting one, because the need is so great.
Frankly I'm meaning to say, we don't need to reach for a center that high, if it's not according to
value of our draft board.

- if that high regarded Tyler Smith like prospect is not there by our 1st rd pick, we'll go to the next valued player
on McClay's draft board and address that OT role in the next round, .. or as you previously said move Tyler to LT,
address the C position in the next few rounds -2nd, 3rd - 4th round, per value of McClay's draft board.

- oh yes, BWT, I do very highly expect a starting rookie RB within 2 or 3rd rd.

- Tyler's LG replacement ?
Is it too far out of question of viewing TJ Bass as a possible LG replacement ?
I would think at least one of the backups will be able to step up and help as a starter. Either Bass, Hoffman, or Richards.

quickccc

Reaction score
First thing I thought of was La’El Collins. He was an asset at LG, and was never the same player at RT but didn’t want to go back
Cowboys force Collins in at LG his rookie year- replacing Ron Leary. Cowboys coaches claimed that his wing span
was to short to play OT. But had to force him to start outside at RT, when Doug Free suddenly retired, and Chaz Green
proved pure bust.

LysleE

Reaction score
Only Jerry and Stephen would move an All Pro LG to play LT…why weaken the middle of the line with a new LG and C?
Sometimes…position flex is a bad thing; he is a solid LG and who knows how good of a LT he would be…leave well enough alone.

Carson

Reaction score
So our plan in 2024 for one of the three most important positions on the team is who the hell knows
The plan is pretty cut and dry.

IF JPJ, Frazier or Barton is there

SMITH - BASS - ROOKIE - MARtTIN STEELE

If centers are gone

ROOKIE - SMITH - HOFFMAN - MARTIN - STEELE

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Obviously Jerry is not gonna show his hand right now, even though it is pretty clear they want to draft a LT in the first, and if not there, then a C.....no one is fooling anyone here. They need to solidify the OL through the draft with a C and another T/G in the first three rounds.

rambo2

Reaction score
Obviously Jerry is not gonna show his hand right now, even though it is pretty clear they want to draft a LT in the first, and if not there, then a C.....no one is fooling anyone here. They need to solidify the OL through the draft with a C and another T/G in the first three rounds.
They need to take bpa and not screw around and be right.