Jerry on Tyler Smith at LT

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This is proof that Jerry is all about headlines and having the Cowboys be a topic of conversation.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So our plan in 2024 for one of the three most important positions on the team is who the hell knows
I think the plan is: Possibly first-round draft pick at LT, Tyler at T and Bass at G, Richards at T and Tyler at G. Those are our three options. Frankly, I hope it's the second or third because I think C is a greater concern.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Of course we don’t know what we are doing at LT this season. Why would we? If you are committed to taking the best player available, there’s no way to know. Maybe it’s a LT prospect, and Tyler stays at G. But if the top Lots are gone and the best player is a G/C or a WR or DT or CB, then Tyler moves over and we either have a competition at G or Bass slides in there.

I don’t see why people think this is any more unsettled than we’ve been at LT for several years with Tyron penciled in.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty telegraphed that we are taking an OC or OT with our 1st pick.
anyone that looks at the roster and who we have lost and who we have added can figure that out. Not very complicated.

Hey, Im guessing we take a RB in the first 3 or 4 rounds also.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
anyone that looks at the roster and who we have lost and who we have added can figure that out. Not very complicated.

Hey, Im guessing we take a RB in the first 3 or 4 rounds also.
DL is just as bad as the OL, lets hope for BPA for either side of the ball, and not reach for a center

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I mean does anyone really think a day 1 starting LT is going to fall to our draft spot? I would say that is highly unlikely.

Move the guy you drafted to be a LT and now has a couple years experience under his belt. Replace with the guy who got experience last year & showed some promise as a G.

I would be much more concerned with getting a C in the draft than a LT. Maybe Hoffman can be the guy at C but I would want to at least try to draft a guy to push him.

1942willys

Reaction score
I mean does anyone really think a day 1 starting LT is going to fall to our draft spot? I would say that is highly unlikely.

Move the guy you drafted to be a LT and now has a couple years experience under his belt. Replace with the guy who got experience last year & showed some promise as a G.

I would be much more concerned with getting a C in the draft than a LT. Maybe Hoffman can be the guy at C but I would want to at least try to draft a guy to push him.
why anyone would think a player not heavily recruited out of high school, was no great shakes in college is suddenly going to blossom into a good starting center in the NFL is a puzzle

Mr_437

Reaction score
There are some talented DTs in the NFCE, and Tyler Smith got an All-Pro selection in his first season at LG. I think Smith will be a good LT if he had to move, but maybe a OT falls.

Also, would like to see a C brought in to compete w/ Hoffman.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I think he's trying to smoke screen if Dallas is looking for a LT or LG. I'm not sure its necessary. Also whose to say Tyler's foot is even healthy. Potentially they need a LT and a C/LG. I don't know that RT is out of the picture either Steel had the ACL and MCL. Then you have Martin at RG and he's 33 years old, so he's not playing forever. You might as well say Dallas needs an entire new Oline. It took them 3 years of drafting OL in the 1st round to build it last time. Getting 1 starter would be a good start, it would be great if they could find another guy in rounds 2 or 3. I don't think I want to wait 3 years to rebuild the line. If Tyler, C, and RT are good for now....I think you've got to draft the left side and also keep a lookout for Martin's future replacement or someone to fill in for Tyler if his foot gets hurt again.