Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Exactly. I mean, does he think his fans are computer illiterate? Does he not think we can use Google to find out what's true or false?
And what does it change?

I mean what are the consequences for him?

Exactly: Nothing. And thats why he does not care if you can or what you think.

Footballs (NFL owners) business plan is to sell the product to the mainstream viewer not the hardcore Fan. The mainstream is bringing the big bucks just because there are so many of them. And those viewers dont care about details or deeper information. They just want to come home from work and be entertained. And thats what he trying to give them.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's so nice to see people questioning Jerry's decision on Henry. When are people going to start asking him about all the bad early round draft picks. His foolish decision to sign Dak should tell you he only cares about marketing not winning.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What intelligence can we have as Cowboys fans? Jerry has sucked the intellectual abilities out of all our brains, he's conned us into believing that we have a team every season to be proud of. He lies to us, says weird things, and we suck it up!!!!! You win Jerry!!!
Uhm, what? Quite the opposite. There are a few (very few) Jerry fans who held his flag. But most people have been saying this forever.

Don't mix up the fact of being powerless with not being able to see through the bullcrap. We have been seeing through it for quite some time, we just can't do anything about it. I have stopped buying merch since 2021, I'm not going to any games. That's all I can do. Of course it won't make an impact. But I know a turd when I see one. And this FO, their QB1 and a couple of others have already being identified as leading this team into a dead end.

12-5 my man, 12-5! :muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I mean he probably could not have gotten more because it was very obvious he was getting traded between his non existent dead money and huge cap hit. When you make it that obvious you basically kill any reason teams have to offer real capital. Instead they elected to give 60% of that contract to Gallup somehow expecting the same production despite his injury.

Well, and that's why it begs the question why not trade Gallup instead? Lamb, Cooper, and Ferguson would've been amazing.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
What intelligence can we have as Cowboys fans? Jerry has sucked the intellectual abilities out of all our brains, he's conned us into believing that we have a team every season to be proud of. He lies to us, says weird things, and we suck it up!!!!! You win Jerry!!!
On the old forum we used to discuss the sorry way Jerry did things. Just like getting rid of Jimmy and started listening to Larry Lacewell. Didn't we have some drafts in the 90s after Jimmy? Jerry picked players nobody else wanted. Total screw ups.

BHendri5

Reaction score
lol, you are insulted only if you want to be, it’s a personal choice
If you understand our offense at all and our OLine , Jerry told you the truth but you don’t want to hear it.
Henry doesn’t fit our offense, we’re not that style of offense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Additionally, I just read his explanation of the Amari Cooper trade. That's also an example of him insulting our intelligence. Trading him was fine, but we could've gotten much more for him. The problem is that Jerry, again, is no where near the GM he thinks he is, and it's why the last 29 years are what they are.

We had no good route runners prior to Cooper, and now we have none without him. While Lamb is explosive with the ball in his hands and a little space, he is a whole different beast when it comes to route-running. He cannot separate, and he's not physical enough to beat a double.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We had no good route runners prior to Cooper, and now we have none without him. While Lamb is explosive with the ball in his hands and a little space, he is a whole different beast when it comes to route-running. He cannot separate, and he's not physical enough to beat a double.

Right, so it might've been a good idea to pair Coop with Lamb for longer.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
I don't pay attention to that jugmouth anymore.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know we are just fans, but I don't appreciate Jerry insulting our intelligence as fans. His statement this morning about Henry not fitting our offense and such is absolute cap, and he knows it. Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence.

We have two rookie olinemen. You know what helps rookies? A running game. Henry can bowl over people if needed. Sure, he may not get quite as many yards as he's getting in Baltimore, but our entire team would be better with him here. It's simple fundamental football. A good running game makes the rest of the offense successful. It opens up the play action, which is Dak's biggest strength. Dak is at his best when he can play action.

I would appreciate it if Jerry would just come out and admit he messed up not getting Henry. My anger at him would significantly lessen if he'd admit his mistake and put fixing our run game and stopping the run as a top priority.

You can only fix an issue when you admit you make a mistake. Instead, he sees fit to insult our intelligence.
What intelligence? Do you read the posts here?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry insulting our intelligence? Say it aint so!!! :muttley: If we saw what he said to the 105.3 radio guys, its an easy leap of faith to say he thinks the fans are a bunch of mouth breathers that he can swindle and gaslight into oblivion. After 30 years, many sheep are finally waking up. Sheep no more.