Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
JJ can't help himself, he's been a BSer his entire life and is only getting better as he ages into his senile yrs.

No doubt, and I learned on the Pat McAfee Show through JJ Watt that we are apparently the only team that actually has tours during practice to where anybody can pay to watch us practice. That's a massive disadvantage, but it's all about the show for Jerry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The 33rd Team
@The33rdTeamFB

Half of the league’s top receivers from the past decade have been traded since the offseason Receiving yard leaders since 2014:

1. Mike Evans (12,015)
2. DeAndre Hopkins (11,726)
3. Travis Kelce (11,573)
4. Davante Adams (11,020)
5. Julio Jones (10,966)
6. Tyreek Hill (10,433)
7. Stefon Diggs (10,410)
8. Amari Cooper (9,802)
9. Keenan Allen (9,606)
10. Brandin Cooks (9,364)

Cameron Magruder

@ScooterMagruder

Aaron Rodgers struggles they get Davante Adams Josh Allen struggles they get Amari Cooper Patrick Mahomes struggles they get DeAndre Hopkins Dak struggles and we get gaslighted

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
The 33rd Team
@The33rdTeamFB

Half of the league’s top receivers from the past decade have been traded since the offseason Receiving yard leaders since 2014:

1. Mike Evans (12,015)
3. Travis Kelce (11,573)
5. Julio Jones (10,966)
6. Tyreek Hill (10,433)
7. Stefon Diggs (10,410)
8. Amari Cooper (9,802)
9. Keenan Allen (9,606)

Cameron Magruder
@ScooterMagruder

Aaron Rodgers struggles they get Davante Adams Josh Allen struggles they get Amari Cooper Patrick Mahomes struggles they get DeAndre Hopkins Dak struggles and we get gaslighted

You got Cooks in the top 10 and the QB still struggles? Plus all those QBs listed, those teams all traded away their #1 WR and the Jets never really had one.

Blue64

Reaction score
Jerry did not make this franchise “the most valuable” by himself nor did the Cowboys franchise become that solely because of what Jerry did since he bought the team in 1989.

I‘ve said this many times - Jerry deserves some credit for sure for making the Cowboys more valuable than ever. BUT…let’s be clear…He did not buy the browns or the jaguars. He bought the team that had been known as “America’s Team” for over a decade before anyone had ever heard of Jerry Jones. The team had already won 20 of its current 35 playoff wins before he bought the team.

Yes, Jerry has done a lot to market the Cowboys and the NFL. But acting like he alone made this franchise what it is is just inaccurate.
Well yes it was known as Americas Team
But what did he buy it for???
What is it worth today ??

this team has not won anything for 30 years and is still the most expensive sports franchise

The Yankees, Dodgers, Patriots, Steelers don’t even come close…
And that my friend is Jerry Jones… he hired a coach that knew football, built a winning team around him and the rest is history

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well yes it was known as Americas Team
But what did he buy it for???
What is it worth today ??

this team has not won anything for 30 years and is still the most expensive sports franchise

The Yankees, Dodgers, Patriots, Steelers don’t even come close…
And that my friend is Jerry Jones… he hired a coach that knew football, built a winning team around him and the rest is history
He owes half his fortune to Jimmy Johnson. Without Jimmy, there would have been zero SBs in the Jerry era.
Jerry is a business savant. But he’s an arrogant idiot when it comes to football on the field.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The 33rd Team
@The33rdTeamFB

1. Mike Evans (12,015)
3. Travis Kelce (11,573)
5. Julio Jones (10,966)
6. Tyreek Hill (10,433)
7. Stefon Diggs (10,410)
8. Amari Cooper (9,802)
9. Keenan Allen (9,606)

Cameron Magruder
@ScooterMagruder

None of that 10 are with their original teams I believe

Blackrain

Reaction score
Oh, no doubt. The point that I'm trying to make is that, even if he thought he could hoodwink fans, it's 2024 and we have Internet. It's not like 1998 when he could screw things up, and fans couldn't exactly research it very well.
100% brother fans are extremely well informed in today's world there's at least five shows on television talking football you have the NFL Network that goes on 24/7

In comparison all I had in my youth to look at was the box score in the Philadelphia inquirer newspaper.

And I memorized every statistic from the information I could get from that paper which wasn't much.

That said I didn't really need to analyze too much as the Cowboys were on television Tom Landry was the coach Roger Staubach led the team and we figured out a way to win very consistently.

Our leaders could be counted on to make the rest of the team play above their heads there was no pouting on the sideline like we see CD lamb doing on a weekly basis.

We were truly a professional football team in every sense of the word .

The standard by which all other NFL teams were judged America's team.

Not the media oriented circus that we field now

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
100% brother fans are extremely well informed in today's world there's at least five shows on television talking football you have the NFL Network that goes on 24/7

In comparison all I had in my youth to look at was the box score in the Philadelphia inquirer newspaper.

And I memorized every statistic from the information I could get from that paper which wasn't much.

That said I didn't really need to analyze too much as the Cowboys were on television Tom Landry was the coach Roger Staubach led the team and we figured out a way to win very consistently.

Our leaders could be counted on to make the rest of the team play above their heads there was no pouting on the sideline like we see CD lamb doing on a weekly basis.

We were truly a professional football team in every sense of the word .

The standard by which all other NFL teams were judged America's team.

Not the media oriented circus that we field now

Well, exactly, and, given the wealth of information out there, surely Jerry is aware that we can smell test his statements, right?

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
I doubt Jerry gives any thought to what we or anyone else thinks. He simply can't admit they (and 30 other teams) screwed up with regard to Henry, They wont admit it on Mazi or Guyton and if they do it will take years. But that's the world in general. People want all the plaudits and applause and none of the blame. Despite how small or big their role was in the decision. If you are expecting anything different, you might want to re-evaluate that intelligence.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I doubt Jerry gives any thought to what we or anyone else thinks. He simply can't admit they (and 30 other teams) screwed up with regard to Henry, They wont admit it on Mazi or Guyton and if they do it will take years. But that's the world in general. People want all the plaudits and applause and none of the blame. Despite how small or big their role was in the decision. If you are expecting anything different, you might want to re-evaluate that intelligence.

Yeah, I'm learning that....

reddyuta

Reaction score
lets face it most cowboys fans are too loyal,cant imagine another fan base of any team or sport for that matter sticking with a losing team this much for more than a quarter century but we are suckers for crushing disappointment.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry understands an unfortunate truth:

If you keep repeating the same lies over and over, sooner or later, enough people are going to believe it.

It's the same tactic used by many that want to become, er, um, "public servants"

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He owes half his fortune to Jimmy Johnson. Without Jimmy, there would have been zero SBs in the Jerry era.
Jerry is a business savant. But he’s an arrogant idiot when it comes to football on the field.
I don't even think he's a savant. He was born mega rich. His dad owned a grocery store chain. That gave him the born with it privilege to attend Arkansas and be a member of a team he wasn't athletic enough to warrant being on, and gave him enormous wealth with which to get into the oil business. After that he bought a team that already was the most famous in sports. The brand sells itself.

Adreme

Reaction score
Additionally, I just read his explanation of the Amari Cooper trade. That's also an example of him insulting our intelligence. Trading him was fine, but we could've gotten much more for him. The problem is that Jerry, again, is no where near the GM he thinks he is, and it's why the last 29 years are what they are.
I mean he probably could not have gotten more because it was very obvious he was getting traded between his non existent dead money and huge cap hit. When you make it that obvious you basically kill any reason teams have to offer real capital. Instead they elected to give 60% of that contract to Gallup somehow expecting the same production despite his injury.