Jerry recounts Manziel draft saga, thinks Romo can play 5 or 6 more years

Junglist

Reaction score
By the time Romo is finished..

the fans will start leaving.

Once that happens change will follow.

The big push to build the stadium has run its course..

I don't doubt Jones has the assets to survive a downturn in admission sales..

it's his ego that will force the changes.

Each week will be a home game for the opposing fans. Good thing about season tickets, is you can get your money back and then some. As of right now, I plan on selling all my tickets next season. I used to complain about that, but business is business.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Weeden NOR Cassell were ever signed to lead this team.

Dallas will not be drafting a qb anytime soon. So that's why I wouldn't mind manziel here behind romo for a year or 2. Maybe that'll help him and he's young.

Zordon

Reaction score
Each week will be a home game for the opposing fans. Good thing about season tickets, is you can get your money back and then some. As of right now, I plan on selling all my tickets next season. I used to complain about that, but business is business.

deer hunting season started last week. i just need them to lose in tampa to officially say screw this team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dallas will not be drafting a qb anytime soon. So that's why I wouldn't mind manziel here behind romo for a year or 2. Maybe that'll help him and he's young.

And dumb as a box of rocks. I agree we need an under study but not one that pats himself on the back for being stupid.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Manziell will be here in the next 2 years ....Jerry just can't resist.

Here's the road map to JFB coming to Dallas, after this season, JFB re-enters rehab, is suspended by the league, cut by the Browns, and signed by the Cowboys all within your 2 year window.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite Jerry's rhetoric even he sees how fragile Romo has become he'll throw up smoke screens all the way till the draft and then take the best quarterback on the board. Thank you Jerry finally.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is actually over-hyped drama.

Jerry denied they were going QB before the draft. After the draft he said they had 4 players on their board AT THE POSITION, including defensive players and Zach Martin. All three were gone so they went Zach.

Jerry is saying they had Manziel on the board. If that is the case, the scouting department ranked him high, which doesn't include just Jerry. And MANY people had Manziel ranked high. Jerry was saying they didn't expect him to fall, just like others. He gave the example that Ben and Johnny were ranked in boards high but they fell, surprisingly.

And when he did, he said to the scouts per his own words, should they get him considering he's the BPA according to their board, which is their philosophy.

And he decided against it.

And now he's saying it worked out for the Cowboys, because of how he's performed in Cleveland. Nothing to see here..

So why are we complaining Jerry avoided going for a bust?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Romi hasn't been indestructible because:

1. The refs let a lot of BS slide on him
2. Garrett, when he was OC, couldn't adjust for a blitz to save his life
3. The old vertical offense that made Romo hold onto the ball way too long
4. Garrett's refusal to run the first few years, making Dallas one dimensional, forcing Romo to make plays outside this offense

Romo doesn't play because he's dinged up. Romo plays when he gets really hurt..