Twitter: Jerry regarding Zeke on 105: We'll see how today and tomorrow goes

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe reporting on his little show that sources tell him Zeke is on a plan to DFW in hopes of getting a deal done today. Zeke is throwing $500,000 down the toilet if he misses a game. I can't see that happening. I do think there is a generous offer and both sides need to give.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Just shut up and pay him. He was gonna pay him all along, he dragged it out to appear that he was a tough negotiator. Stephen is sitting in the corner with his baby blanket.
OK, that was funny. An image of him in the corner with blanket, sucking his thumb rocking back and forth instantly popped in my head. :D

rynochop

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe reporting on his little show that sources tell him Zeke is on a plan to DFW in hopes of getting a deal done today. Zeke is throwing $500,000 down the toilet if he misses a game. I can't see that happening. I do think there is a generous offer and both sides need to give.
I think if you got Zeke in a room with Jerry alone a deal would be done in 5 minutes

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport now reporting this.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I think if you got Zeke in a room with Jerry alone a deal would be done in 5 minutes
Agree. I do believe Zeke loves the Cowboys and buys into the "it's worth more". Maybe signing La'el is a sign that you get to run behind these horses for the rest of your career.

EST_1986

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Hawkeye0202, post: 9394417, member: 22015"
[/QUOTE]

Well at least we know around what time he starts hitting the bottle

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Dak's deal also gets done before the Giants game.

Cooper would be my guess for the last of these big deals.

He confirmed yesterday he's 100% ok with waiting until after the season. Translation: I have a plan that will give me more money than what's being offered. If I didn't know better I would say Coop want the 2020 franchise tag or at a min have no problem with it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe reporting on his little show that sources tell him Zeke is on a plan to DFW in hopes of getting a deal done today. Zeke is throwing $500,000 down the toilet if he misses a game. I can't see that happening. I do think there is a generous offer and both sides need to give.[/QUOT

Why 500K?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He confirmed yesterday he's 100% ok with waiting until after the season. Translation: I have a plan that will give me more money than what's being offered. If I didn't know better I would say Coop want the 2020 franchise tag or at a min have no problem with it.

It comes down to the fact that he and his agent know that they have a lot of leverage based on what the Cowboys gave up in the trade to get him. Tunsil will do the same thing to the Texans based on what they gave up to get him.

If the other contracts do get done, Cooper may end up being the guy that gets tagged. If the Cowboys can even afford it by then!