Jerry Rice: Garoppolo Better Than Dak

Swagger

Reaction score
Not much between them. They are in the same banding along with the likes of Cousins and Carr. One point to make about Jimmy G is that it was his first full season last term! So he has scope for improvement. He won a shoot out vs Brees and the Saints so there is quality there. But ultimately both are solid bus drivers.

Section446

Reaction score
Not much between them. They are in the same banding along with the likes of Cousins and Carr. One point to make about Jimmy G is that it was his first full season last term! So he has scope for improvement. He won a shoot out vs Brees and the Saints so there is quality there.
While Dak managed to get out-played by guys like Darnold, Allen, Wentz, and Trubisky.

Section446

Reaction score
If in fact the pundits are right and the QB position is the most important position on the field
he could hardly be a non-factor.

By labeling as such you claim that Josh Rosen or Steve Pelluer at starting QB would have the same results
#logic

Rayman70

Reaction score
whats Jerry suppose to say? He kinda has to say that doesn't he? This is a nonstory.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak is in the most optimal situation as far as having a supporting cast and the offense Dak has ran is very simple.

They're just similar players. You switch them places and you won't see dramatic results. Both teams would stay the same.

Both guys are bus drivers. I like Dak a little better than Jimmy G because he poses a threat to run even though he won't run some games.
Coming from the guy that thinks Andy Dalton can do what Dak does I’ll take your QB opinion with a grain of salt.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd rather put my faith in a rookie over either at this point, but at least Garoppolo showed up during big games, Dak disappears.
Was it the 131 yds passing vs MINNY or the 77 vs GB that made you conclude this?

Seriously asking, how did you come to this conclusion? The knock on Jimmy G is that he doesn't perform in big games, so why would you claim that he does?

shabazz

Reaction score
They're similar.

Dak's had better offensive talent around him that elevates him but poor coaching.

Jimmy G has had mediocre offensive talent around him but great coaching.

I wouldn’t give either one elite money for mediocre play. 2nd to 3rd tier players.

Actually the current crop of quarterbacks are underwhelming. With the exception of Mahomes, we now have a combination of younger QBs that are overhyped and some veterans on the downside of their careers

Let there be no mistake that this is not like the Qb class of 1983, and in fact far from it. Mahomes has generational talent and is the lone exception

cern

Reaction score
I wouldn’t give either one elite money for mediocre play. 2nd to 3rd tier players.

Actually the current crop of quarterbacks are underwhelming. With the exception of Mahomes, we now have a combination of younger QBs that are overhyped and some veterans on the downside of their careers

Let there be no mistake that this is not like the Qb class of 1983, and in fact far from it. Mahomes has generational talent and is the lone exception
can't agree with this. lamar jackson, deshaun watson, tyler murray, to name a few aren't overhyped. same for dak.:)