Jerry said, "I would do anything to win another Super Bowl"

kskboys

Reaction score
He said that with some very circular logic, essentially circling back to his belief that he gives the team the best chance of winning.

“When you work for yourself, there’s no firing him. You got to change him, and he’s got to change the direction he’s going. I’ve worked all my life for myself, but I’ve had to change directions many times. So, I will change. I can change. I’m not saying which way (I’ll change). But I’m capable of change. I’ve had to (in order to) have any success in my life.”
That seriously sounds like demented drivel.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How bout delusionaly demented?

Demented means "driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress or excitement."

Delusional means "characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder."

There may be times Jerry is demented, but mostly, he's just delusional.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Demented means "driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress or excitement."

Delusional means "characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder."

There may be times Jerry is demented, but mostly, he's just delusional.
Can being full of crap cause similar symptoms

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Stole this from somewhere years ago.

But it fits.

RgwZTCN.jpg

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's just so pathetic that nobody in the media has the balls to follow that up with "Would you make a change at GM?"

They won't do it. They're scared to do it. They like their access. The last guy who did was shipped to NBA coverage, if I'm not mistake.

Jerry Jones is an egomaniacal lying lunatic.
Exactly. So he won’t do anything.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
First off, that's a lie, Jerrah. You wouldn't take your clammy hands off the wheel & allow real professionals to run your team. You wouldn't let them build a top ten defense through the draft. (Of course, the way they mis-judge pass rushing talent, I wouldn't let the current crew do it either). Randy Gregory & Taco Charlton-2 picks ahead of TJ Watt-come to mind.

If you truly want to see the Cowboys win it all, sell the team. But, just one more thing you wouldn't do.

He won't change the organizational structure, which allows him and Stephen to play fantasy football, so he's not being honest with himself.

Step back, hire a GM/Personnel Director, allow them to hire the coaches and players while you provide the resources. Give them a 5 year contract and tell them the job is to get a ring. If they don't, fire them. That's something Jerry hasn't tried, and won't try, so he's not being honest with himself (or the fans).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's just so pathetic that nobody in the media has the balls to follow that up with "Would you make a change at GM?"

They won't do it. They're scared to do it. They like their access. The last guy who did was shipped to NBA coverage, if I'm not mistake.

Jerry Jones is an egomaniacal lying lunatic.
What’s really pathetic is our fanbase continues to support him financially. We obviously are sending him the wrong message.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah nobody ever heard of the Dallas Cowboys before him.

They were in bad financial shape but Jerry couldn't have done here in Cincinnati. It's the Cowboys' mystique that allowed him to turn them into the most valuable.

To say he created it is an overstatement and disrespectful to the guys who truly built it.

Jerry just say thank you Tex and move on.....

A1-kc2kt-JL.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s a promoter . And unfortunately our fans have bought in. In the end we are the fools.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Forget the tears…this is what he really believes or he would have already made changes. My dad used to say, “believe what a man does more than what he says.”
Yep

Fans continue sending him the wrong message. Why should he change.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stole this from somewhere years ago.

But it fits.

RgwZTCN.jpg
There is something we can do about it. But we won’t cause we’re too addicted to the product.

He’s like a pusher peddling us a crappy product but we keep coming back for more hoping the next fix will get us off.