Jerry said, "I would do anything to win another Super Bowl"

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
First off, that's a lie, Jerrah. You wouldn't take your clammy hands off the wheel & allow real professionals to run your team. You wouldn't let them build a top ten defense through the draft. (Of course, the way they mis-judge pass rushing talent, I wouldn't let the current crew do it either). Randy Gregory & Taco Charlton-2 picks ahead of TJ Watt-come to mind.

If you truly want to see the Cowboys win it all, sell the team. But, just one more thing you wouldn't do.

ANYTHING would include movijng heaven and earth to sign a disgruntled, generational QB such as Rogers or drafting a Kyle Trask! Oh, and NOT indulging has-been Zeke or giving an idiot like Jaylon a roster spot!

Hold me back if I get violent!.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
ANYTHING would include movijng heaven and earth to sign a disgruntled, generational QB such as Rogers or drafting a Kyle Trask! Oh, and NOT indulging has-been Zeke or giving an idiot like Jaylon a roster spot!

Hold me back if I get violent!.
It appears that you might be in need of some BACON

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
coach-jerry.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry would love to win a Super Bowl if he knew how to go about it . . .

Unfortunately, neither he nor Stephen can, legitimately, make such a claim. :(

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerrah is a plunger (gambler's slang for one who makes huge bad bets and loses) and the Cowboys will never win again as long as the Jones family owns the team. Period. I mean he could've likely had Brady for heaven's sake but his ego is too fragile to make proper decisions. He sees every challenge (zeke and dak) as a personal assault and makes his wagers and overpriced decisions accordingly.
He's all about the brand investment and winning isn't part of that equation in his mind. Winning requires more than money. It requires brains. Perfect example of someone with way too much money and too much time to waste it. He'd rather sit back and let the brand vacuum up the income on it's own which obviously it can do, even losing for 30 years.
It's not about winning. It's about Jerrah. Simple.
jerry wants to eat his cake and have it too!
He wants to be GM and big boss, and at same time he wants to win, but he wants to play at GM more than he wants to win.
I dont think it is about the money either, he just likes being the gm.
Thats why today was such a big deal for him he loves playing with the team, even TC, which I find boring, but he loves it.

But it is true he wont do anything to win a SB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If I owned stock in the Dallas Cowboys then I'd appreciate that. But as a fan it does nothing for me. Not sure why any fan would even care about that.

He won't change the organizational structure, which allows him and Stephen to play fantasy football, so he's not being honest with himself (or the fans).
He’s a terrible GM. I’ve said that repeatedly. I just corrected the poster because I’m against misinformation.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah nobody ever heard of the Dallas Cowboys before him.

They were in bad financial shape but Jerry couldn't have done here in Cincinnati. It's the Cowboys' mystique that allowed him to turn them into the most valuable.

To say he created it is an overstatement and disrespectful to the guys who truly built it.

Absolutely correct. Dallas was "America's team" long before Jerry arrived on the scene. These younger fans and media act like Jerry founded the Cowboys.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I always said Jerry was a great CEO. He doesn’t mind spending money. He just doesn’t know what to spend it on. If he wasn’t a great CEO. If he wasn’t a great CEO he wouldn’t have the billions

True about the CEO part. I think Jerry has been about an average GM because of his risk taking which has been both a liability and an asset. I also believe in the past half dozen years Jerry the GM has been more of a figure-head. Case in point is Stephen recently admitting that he should have pulled the trigger on an extended Dak deal first time around.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True about the CEO part. I think Jerry has been about an average GM because of his risk taking which has been both a liability and an asset. I also believe in the past half dozen years Jerry the GM has been more of a figure-head. Case in point is Stephen recently admitting that he should have pulled the trigger on an extended Dak deal first time around.

An "average" NFL GM could do better than 3 playoff wins in 25 years. The hard fact is that Jerry has been the worst GM in the NFL for a very long time. He knows it but his ego and insistence on being the center of all decisions has prevented him from doing what is necessary.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Jerry said, "I would do anything to win another Super Bowl"

Heard that for 26 years....hire a real football GM and step back for day to day decisions Jerry...it's that simple!

ghst187

Reaction score
Anything? Well let me run the team then Jerry….you won’t know unless you try

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just so pathetic that nobody in the media has the balls to follow that up with "Would you make a change at GM?"

They won't do it. They're scared to do it. They like their access. The last guy who did was shipped to NBA coverage, if I'm not mistake.

Jerry Jones is an egomaniacal lying lunatic.
No, no, no...
He's not a lunatic. :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry has been the GM of this team for 32 years.. Whether people accept it or not but he's probably one of the most experienced GMs in the game at this point. We can hand wring all day as whether he's any good at his job but he absolutely HAS been doing longer than probably 75% of GMs in the league now.

exactly, its full of mistakes but those pundits here that say he needs to step down and hire a professional, SERIUOSLY?

HES GOT THAT EXPERIENCE NOW..

there are far worse gms and they all get fired..not saying i wouldn't like to see how that would work out here if jerry said im not longer the GM and admit like most fans whos eyes are open and not full of hate and jealously KNOW its Will Mclay and been this way for some time..

Jerry will be jerry regardless of who has the title of GM.. WM is and has been the gm for at least the last 6-10 years and jerry is not as meddlesome as those trying to hang what happened during that bad stretch in the early 00s..

he is too close to his players far too emotional with bonds with his coaches and his passion is unrivaled but hes as experienced a football guy as there is in the NFL, he is professional i mean wt flip do you think hes been doing all these years..?

Yes he makes mistakes and yes he wont fire himself but for sure if say the last 30 years he would have fired 3-4 actual GMs by now but no one knows if those GMs could have did a better job..it gets old the man has 3 SBs is in the HOF and you all make him out to be joke and really that just Jealousy as the man is multiple billionaire who owns the team you come in here and live daily but at the same time are total hypocrites as you act as keyboard GMs on the daily using nothing more then info you find on the internet and whatever the league and the team ALLOWS ypi to know..

it might be time to change Will Mcclay and the next gm maybe would get the real title but Jerry not the actual gm and hasn't been in very long time..

as weve seen other owners get involved its not as publicized buy being DC owner and gM tends to be more under the microscope but we have saw what the eagles owners is being accused of the last few years, that little squabble between BB and the Patriots owner over Tom vs JG and tom went to the owner and got JG traded even thing we all know BB was ready to replace tom..
so what BB the GM never made mistake or was overruled by an owner

happens all over the league no GM or HC has cart balance and blank checks, they all answer to the owners, period..

its hilarious some point out some draft mistakes as if no other owner or gm make draft picks or pas son better layer for a bust,.the whole TJ Watt thing

umm how far did he fall before being picked? into the bottom of the first round correct so what28 other teams made the same mistake. But its all about Jerry here..

blueblood70

Reaction score
But if he WAS a great CEO he'd fire himself as GM LOL. :grin:
Will Mcclays the gm come out from under rock..just because he refers to himself as gm doesnt make it less obvious that WM has been the actual GM for sometime now..