News: Jerry says 1 more week for Dak to recover, and may or may not start Eagles game

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
No, Rush has put them in a great spot. He's kept them in contention. He's shown the team that they can overcome adversity and win even with a crucial piece missing. That's only a good thing for when Dak comes back because now the team and Dak both see it doesn't have to all be on Dak's shoulders and there should be more trust. Dak should not force things thinking he has to. He can trust the defense to make stops. He can focus on getting the ball out earlier to avoid sacks.

This is a good thing all around, for the team and for Dak.

This post has so much common sense It's blinding. How can anyone who loves the Cowboys not see this

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No, Rush has put them in a great spot. He's kept them in contention. He's shown the team that they can overcome adversity and win even with a crucial piece missing. That's only a good thing for when Dak comes back because now the team and Dak both see it doesn't have to all be on Dak's shoulders and there should be more trust. Dak should not force things thinking he has to. He can trust the defense to make stops. He can focus on getting the ball out earlier to avoid sacks.

This is a good thing all around, for the team and for Dak.

All I am saying is, after 4 straight wins with the Rush, Dak better not show up like he did on opening night or he will feel the full wrath of Cowboy nation. We all know Dak brings more to the table as far as physical talent and the blue print has been laid out for him, which I hope he follows and can add somethings that Rush just can't do. He does that, its all gravy and we are in for a fun season. He shows up determined to prove he is worth the 40 mil a year and start slinging it all over the place and suck it up like he did opening night.. he will be ran out of the stadium by fans.

stinkface

Reaction score
OMG!

I guess it helps some fans to vilify Jerry Jones and sell yourself on the idea that this old arse man who has more money than many countries somehow only cares about making more. I would bet Jerry would give away a billion dollars for another superbowl trophy. The man is obsessed with it. He still has Jimmy Johnson doubts in his mind and he knows other do also. He already made the HOF for his business acumen. He has nothing left to achieve in life by making more money. He wants to win and he wants the credit that goes with it. Nothing else matter more to him at this point.

Sadly I think you are wrong. Jerry could have mortgaged the future and signed every difference maker he could for one or two years and bought himself another championship if he wished and then we would be crap for the next 5 years as we would be in salary cap hell. Hell Stafford could be here right this minute if Jerry wanted a ring right away.

Anyway, bottom line like all successful Billionaires is the bottom line. Jerry wants to be relevant and rich. He can be both of those things as long as his teams compete every year. He'd much rather be that way then have another championship and then suck for the next 5 years. Got to keep the cash flowing in year in and year out. Greed is a marvelous thing.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not sure whose plan? Team has said when he is healthy and can go through full practice then he will be ready but never heard anyone within the team say any thing about bye week or any specific teams.

First, I was being tongue-in-cheek. :)

Second, it's not like teams are going to announce their intentions if they don't have to.
Coaches like to keep some information close-to-the-vest.

We have an upcoming bye week.
If Dak plays before, then we'll know it's not the plan.
If he plays immediately after the bye week, we'll know it's the plan.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i still think they hold him out til after the bye...we'll see.
i doubt he plays sun night.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
OMG!

I guess it helps some fans to vilify Jerry Jones and sell yourself on the idea that this old arse man who has more money than many countries somehow only cares about making more. I would bet Jerry would give away a billion dollars for another superbowl trophy. The man is obsessed with it. He still has Jimmy Johnson doubts in his mind and he knows other do also. He already made the HOF for his business acumen. He has nothing left to achieve in life by making more money. He wants to win and he wants the credit that goes with it. Nothing else matter more to him at this point.

Honestly bro, there was a time when I truly shared your sentiment.
I really did.

But at this point--I can't defend my former views anymore. The statement above that I highlighted in red is exactly the problem.
If he truly just wanted to win, then who got the credit wouldn't matter. He would farm out the responsibility of building a winning franchise to whomever could do the job. And if the credit went to them and he got another Lombardi for the trophy case in the process, who cares right? (if it was truly just about winning)

Someone who claims they want to win, but is willing to forfeit the winning if they can't have the credit, isn't being truthful about their desire to win. which leads me back to my original point about money. And maybe you have also made a valid point about his ego as well. It's huge. and don't think his ego isn't stroked by having the most valuable franchise in professional sports. Money is a huge boost to Jerry's ego.

JMHO

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Rush has really put them in a bad spot with Dak. Dak is the starter and he should play when he is ready, if that is this week fine, if not, fine. The issue is it would be much easier to put Dak in after a loss than a win. Just think, Rush has won 4 in a row after a horrible start and game by Dak. If Dak does get the nod on Sunday and he plays like he did in the opener, oh my the crowd will turn on him quick and the "we want Rush" chants will start. Whenever Dak is ready, he better be ready to play his best ball, right or wrong, if he stinks it up again, the fans will not go easy on him.

and it should be that way.
he demanded Mahomes type money.

for that kind of cash, he should at least be expected to be better than Rush.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Rush starts this week.
Eags are hot.
Hostile environment.
We're banged up a TE.
If we lose, we're still in contention.
2 gimmies after this game will build Daks confidence.
JJ not about to put his $40mm boy out in that situation after 1 true week of practice after struggling 5 weeks ago only to lose his confidence (if Dak relapses). JJ doesn't want a real QB controversy which could have a negative impact on the team and his $40mm.

superonyx

Reaction score
Honestly bro, there was a time when I truly shared your sentiment.
I really did.

But at this point--I can't defend my former views anymore. The statement above that I highlighted in red is exactly the problem.
If he truly just wanted to win, then who got the credit wouldn't matter. He would farm out the responsibility of building a winning franchise to whomever could do the job. And if the credit went to them and he got another Lombardi for the trophy case in the process, who cares right? (if it was truly just about winning)

Someone who claims they want to win, but is willing to forfeit the winning if they can't have the credit, isn't being truthful about their desire to win. which leads me back to my original point about money. And maybe you have also made a valid point about his ego as well. It's huge. and don't think his ego isn't stroked by having the most valuable franchise in professional sports. Money is a huge boost to Jerry's ego.

JMHO
I don't think Jerry would lie if asked. He admits to wanting to win and he admits that he isnt giving up control. He isn't winning if he isnt the one who builds it and controls it. Giving up control is him losing. In fact like it or not Jerry's personality is a part of the financial success of the cowboys. When he passes and Stephen Jones is the man in charge our popularity may drop.

Jerry wanting credit for winning in no way means he doesn't want to win. It just means that he isnt winning if he isnt the one participating.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He isn't winning if he isnt the one who builds it and controls it.

So maybe we're both wrong. It's not about winning as you said

It's not about money as I originally said

It's about control and ego. Either way it's painful and disastrous to watch.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://fansided.com/2022/10/09/jerry-jones-gives-update-dak-prescott-cooper-rush-stays-perfect/
So one minute he says dak needs another week, then he says dak will be throwing all week,and
could be ready for eagles lol.

The writer seemed to be pro rush, and said they are all waiting for the other shoe to drop with cowboys.
They said might be better to play rush as the whole team plays better with him under center.
But when dak is back, they can relax and just show up and play?

I dont think one week of throwing and some practice will have dak ready lol, but with jones boys
you never know.
I know dak wants to play, but will jones boys let him?

On the one hand, I want to see rush again, but on the other I think hey since they want to go back to
dak soon anyway, lets see him deal with the eagles, see what he can do.

If they wait, then dak gets 2 easier games with detroit and chicago. Both of those games at home.

So which one gets the hard road game at phil ?? I am leaning toward dak, lets see if he can beat a
good team.

And I havent heard anyone on dallas team say good things about rush or even congratulate him.
Has the media said anything unusually good about rush?
I am going to watch the skip and dum dum show and see what skip says lol.

Jerry, wait for the game against Wesleyan College.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Rush is starting this week, but Jerry loves an opportunity to speak and it creates a situation where Philly has to prepare for two different qbs at least early in the week.
That's exactly what it's all about. It's NOT who deserves to start or whether Dak is scared to start or the FO is waiting for an easy game for Dak's return, Jerry is just trying to confuse Philly with all his double talk. He does that all the time. But hey, it confuses some Dallas fans on the zone so it'll probably confuse philly as well. :laugh: