News: Jerry says 1 more week for Dak to recover, and may or may not start Eagles game

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I honestly like Dak coming back right after the Eagles game. A sloppy Dak on his first week back after the injury would be better vs the bears and Lions then vs the Eagles.
:hammer:

Exactly right. Not only that but a bad Dak performance against Philly on Sunday Night and the knives will be out and we don't need a 40M QB with his confidence shot in the middle of the season. Let him come back against the Bears

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Honestly I think before yesterday that was true, but if Rush goes into Philly and plays well and we win, you need to play him until he loses.

I don't think that's going to happen whether he wins or not. When Dak is ready to go, Jerry will go with his $40 mil QB regardless of anything else because his money is sitting on Dak.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
All I am saying is, after 4 straight wins with the Rush, Dak better not show up like he did on opening night or he will feel the full wrath of Cowboy nation. We all know Dak brings more to the table as far as physical talent and the blue print has been laid out for him, which I hope he follows and can add somethings that Rush just can't do. He does that, its all gravy and we are in for a fun season. He shows up determined to prove he is worth the 40 mil a year and start slinging it all over the place and suck it up like he did opening night.. he will be ran out of the stadium by fans.

Name .me a teams fan who would post this trash.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If there is one thing Dak has consistently done well his whole career— it’s beat the division rivals.

IMO— Dak is suffering from some recency bias. His last two games have been poor, so lots of people now believe he is unable to play the QB position.

He has has issues, and I am not one to overlook his flaws— but I am also not one that throws the baby out with the bathwater. Dak has dominated the NFCE. Dak is the better QB when compared to Rush. And Dak is a better QB than what he showed vs SF and TB.

He has a lot to prove and the pressure is mounting, but I hope he is healthy and can play Sun night, and I think his return would give the team a jolt of positivity as they take the field, as well as frustrating Philly’s gameplan as they likely will need to spilt time prepping for Rush as they don’t think Dak can play

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://fansided.com/2022/10/09/jerry-jones-gives-update-dak-prescott-cooper-rush-stays-perfect/
So one minute he says dak needs another week, then he says dak will be throwing all week,and
could be ready for eagles lol.

The writer seemed to be pro rush, and said they are all waiting for the other shoe to drop with cowboys.
They said might be better to play rush as the whole team plays better with him under center.
But when dak is back, they can relax and just show up and play?

I dont think one week of throwing and some practice will have dak ready lol, but with jones boys
you never know.
I know dak wants to play, but will jones boys let him?

On the one hand, I want to see rush again, but on the other I think hey since they want to go back to
dak soon anyway, lets see him deal with the eagles, see what he can do.

If they wait, then dak gets 2 easier games with detroit and chicago. Both of those games at home.

So which one gets the hard road game at phil ?? I am leaning toward dak, lets see if he can beat a
good team.

And I havent heard anyone on dallas team say good things about rush or even congratulate him.
Has the media said anything unusually good about rush?
I am going to watch the skip and dum dum show and see what skip says lol.

dandy watch gamepass if you got it ...Sheagles against Arizona....both teams fast on both offense and defense....i really did not watch any Sheagle games but they are considerably faster than i ever remember

but dont matter ....despise Sheagles and i say Go cowboys Heka-Plat Sheagles and rip their dresses off.....

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Wait until he is 100%. No excuses.

I would give him a start before the bye. That way, if he is rusty, he can work on it during the bye week before going up against tougher teams.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has already admitted recently that it seems Dak isn't ready to assume the duties as starter yet. The team is still seeing that, therefore, it's doubtful that Dak will be actively participating vs. the Eagles Sunday. I'm already planning on seeing Cooper Rush starting vs. the Eagles Sunday night. You probably should, too.

I'm feeling quite confident that Jerry wants to instill doubt into the Eagles staff and their fans. It's not the first time he's done that. Actually, it remains to be seen what transpires in the weeks following the Eagles game. There will be two games before the bye week, with Detroit and Chicago to meet beforehand. We'll see what the team docs have to say in the days to follow Sunday's game with Philly. Healing only occurs in its own sweet time.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No. Let him sit out Egals. Let him come back after the bye!
Jerry has already admitted recently that it seems Dak isn't ready to assume the duties as starter yet. The team is still seeing that, therefore, it's doubtful that Dak will be actively participating vs. the Eagles Sunday. I'm already planning on seeing Cooper Rush starting vs. the Eagles Sunday night. You probably should, also. I'm feeling very confident that Jerry wants to instill doubt into the Eagles staff and their fans. It's not the first time he's done that.
You're his brother aren't you ---------runs

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No. Let him sit out Egals. Let him come back after the bye! You're his brother aren't you ---------runs

H-m-m -- it'd be far more truthful to say I'm not one to declare him a "football guy." :muttley:

Last edited:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Name .me a teams fan who would post this trash.

So you think after the backup QB has won 4 games in a row, after QB1 looked like hot garbage in game 1, that if QB 1 returns to the line up after 4 straight wins and again plays like hot garbage, the fans are going to cheer and love him? What world do you live in? If Dak plays like hot garbage again in his first game back, he will be boo'd out of the stadium and have more trash thrown at him this time than last. If you dont' want to admit that, ok.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
So you think after the backup QB has won 4 games in a row, after QB1 looked like hot garbage in game 1, that if QB 1 returns to the line up after 4 straight wins and again plays like hot garbage, the fans are going to cheer and love him? What world do you live in? If Dak plays like hot garbage again in his first game back, he will be boo'd out of the stadium and have more trash thrown at him this time than last. If you dont' want to admit that, ok.

See why can't you guys on here argue in good faith. That's not what I said, or even insinuated. I simply asked what type of fan would root for or even ponder their starting QB coming back and playing like trash ? I have never seen it. So I simply asked again what teams fans do this ? Boo and throw trash ? What kind of world do you live in. Why didn't you ask what happens when Dak comes back, throws for 350 yds two td's and runs for another ? I mean he's done that more than he's done what you say. If you don't want to admit that................................. I can't nor want to help you