Jerry says Dalvin Cook is ready to play!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't say he was. I said I'd rather see us try something than keep doing what we know has not worked. That's a far cry from expecting him "to transform our running game."
Yes I did exaggerate there. SORRY!. I'm all for trying something different too. Anything!

However...the REAL thing we SHOULD be trying to do something different is the offensively offensive line. And play calling/skill set management. We're just terrible in all aspects and rb personnel is like third tier.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's not forget that DC will be out coached also. Trenches, um .....what trenches. The right side of the OL will be on blast. Oh, did I mention that Bosa will be lining up on Steele. Let that sink in just a little bit. SF offense will not miss any injured player going up against this defense either. Shanahan is going into scorched earth mode scheming and planning. I don't think ANY RB in this league would have any success playing for this team.
I would love to see what he does, and to see if a player can dominate like someone on our team should be doing when they come back!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes I did exaggerate there. SORRY!. I'm all for trying something different too. Anything!

However...the REAL thing we SHOULD be trying to do something different is the offensively offensive line. And play calling/skill set management. We're just terrible in all aspects and rb personnel is like third tier.
well twas the bye week so we'll be "making personnel changes!"

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...obvious-regarding-dallas-cowboys-rb-committee

One thing that would help tremendously would be getting their running game on track. Entering Week 8, they're dead last in rushing with 463 yards on the ground. More than half of that is courtesy of Rico Dowdle, who has 246 yards on 56 attempts — an average of 4.2 per rush...

Despite his performance, Dallas has given him fewer than 10 attempts in four of their six contests. Dowdle's best output was in Week 5 when he went for 87 yards on 20 carries but they inexplicably limited him to five attempts in Week 6 while giving eight attempts to Ezekiel Elliott...

Zeke, who recently expressed frustration with his role, rewarded them with 17 yards on those carries. On the year, he has 38 attempts for 115 yards — and a career-low average of 3.0 per carry. That's why the fan base has been begging for more Dowdle and less Elliott, which Mike McCarthy finally seems willing to do.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Like football you have a window to get the gold.
In the gold mountain, if not successful the contract is given another to improve upon with changes. There with equipment, here with coaches and players. The scouting department is responsive for the past three 12 wins.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Cook is washed too, but I think it's number 1.

Front office doesn't want to get rid of Zeke (embarrassing) or Deuce (sad family). They know bringing up Cook results in one or the other.

The Deuce thing I don’t get anymore.

They tried, they gave him a shot. It didn’t work.

They can give him a job somewhere else in the organization. Deuce seems like a good young man. Just give him any other job that may be a good fit for him in the organization that doesn’t involve being a player on the field.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the gold mountain, if not successful the contract is given another to improve upon with changes. There with equipment, here with coaches and players. The scouting department is responsive for the past three 12 wins.
Your AI needs some fine tuning.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He has been ready to play.

The real answer is one of these two:

1. Jerry and the FO is ready to admit defeat and that Zeke and the rest of the RB room is trash.

2. Cook is also washed and the reason he hasn’t played yet is because he also looks bad in practice.

We won’t find out what the reality is until we see Cook play.
Also, even if Cook looks bad in practice, he may turn it up a notch in the games.

A lot about running the ball is simply will. Will is an extra half yard a carry.

The difference between Witten bulling forward without a helmet when young, but going down like a sack of potatoes when old. Which was a good deal more than a half yard difference in his case.

I went to the Raiders Cowboys preseason game. No Cowboy on the field looked less zeroed in than Zeke.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
if Cook does well, it'll make Jones look foolish for keeping him on the PS while the run game struggles.

if Cook struggles same as the other RBs, it'll make Jones look foolish for not addressing the glaring needs during the off-season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
When did that happen? The answer is never.

McCarthy hasn't designed one play for him yet. An epic failure as HC.

He has been on the roster for a year and a half almost. Ever think he doesn’t get much game opportunities because he just doesn’t have it?

He has never looked impressive at all except a couple pre season games against other guys who aren’t in the NFL anymore.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Zeke wants 20 carries a game for 43 yards and 2 TDs.

That was rude. I apologize. Time to take my meds.

Last edited: