Twitter: Jerry Speaketh

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Mahomes or Romo would have won that game?? Did he really say that?? They were going to spend a second rounder on a running back?? Very on top of this??? He must have been deep into a bottle when he did this interview.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Mahomes or Romo would have won that game?? Did he really say that?? They were going to spend a second rounder on a running back?? Very on top of this??? He must have been deep into a bottle when he did this interview.

Why not? A rookie second rounder would have gotten the same production as Zeke against Seattle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel Collins is gone for the year, or at least until late December. And that is only a SWAG (scientific wild "butt" guess).

ET will not happen unless an injury happens. Or if they are talking, the contract is an issue, ET may want some guarantees Jerry does not want to give for future cap reasons. Which have nothing to do with signing Dak, just cap management overall. Again a SWAG.

So what do they do with the OL to adjust for this. Can Martin move to RT, if Tyron returns, does Knight play RT. Other options?

If Smith can go, I'd play Knight at RT.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I feel Collins is gone for the year, or at least until late December. And that is only a SWAG (scientific wild "butt" guess).

ET will not happen unless an injury happens. Or if they are talking, the contract is an issue, ET may want some guarantees Jerry does not want to give for future cap reasons. Which have nothing to do with signing Dak, just cap management overall. Again a SWAG.

So what do they do with the OL to adjust for this. Can Martin move to RT, if Tyron returns, does Knight play RT. Other options?

Collins will not play in 2020. That is my guess.

lukin2006

Reaction score

Its the truth. He had 3 legit shots at the at TD on that last drive. Romo and Mahomes throw 3 shots to the endzone at least giving his receivers a chance.

Dak very seldom puts the ball up unless he has a perfect window.

The dude has to throw into those tight windows and give your receivers a chance. We got 3 receivers that have proven hey can make the tough catch.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Agreed on Collins.

Great question and was just thinking of that.

We see what they did mid-game.

I do not at all think the team sees Williams as a tackle other than emergency.

I dont typically like disrupting several positions for one, but in this case it's an interesting debate.

Since Biadasz got into the game last week and didnt embarrass, and is the future, he may as well remain.

The big question is when Tyron is able to return.

When that happens it frees up Knight to play elsewhere, and he is probably the RT w Martin staying where he is.

Shameful because it may have been nice to have Knight take over at LG.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Unlikely they pull off that play any more than Dak, but would they have been closer to the goal and had a better chance before the play began? Perhaps. Dallas wasted a lot of time on that drive.

Surprised Jerry would say that publicly, if that's indeed what he said.
Dak should have ran that ball instead of throwing the pass. After he escaped he had open field and I believe time outs.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
Does Collin’s structure issue have anything to do with structure fishing for bass?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Just like Jerry......looking at ball carriers when he should be looking for blockers, cover guys and tacklers.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
“We’re accessing the defensive backfield problem.” Yeah right. We’ve been “accessing” that problem for years and now we’re trotting out one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

Shots fired at Dak. Interesting. Hmmm... wonder if Jerry will just call for the tank here. Tank in the NFC East, which funnily sounds harder to do than winning the division and trade up for Lawerence if possible. Jerry might make some trades here. Sounds like he’s looking to rebuild the team.

Creeper

Reaction score

Yes, it sure sounds like Collins is not coming back this year. It kind of reminds me of the LVE injury last year. Week to week then IR. I think one day we are going to hear Collins had season ending surgery on his hip. I just hope it is not worse than that. Hips are important to offensive linemen. Imagine going into next year needed both OTs? If that's the case I almost certainly let Dak go. Start cutting salaries and begin a rebuild.