Twitter: Jerry Speaketh

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak was lucky to not have been sacked on that play. It was a miraculous recovery to put his hand down. Maybe the WR’s should have made a play on the ball? It doesn’t matter.....

foofighters

Reaction score

I thought the exact same thing. In fact, I find it interesting that Dak puts up a ton a stats last week, has some turnovers and I am thinking to myself that this board would have been on fire had that been Romo...

I like Dak. I also like Romo. With Romo, I always felt we had a chance. I don't feel that way with Dak. It's not a bad thing. It's more me than anything else.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I believe we have some evidence that Jerry isn't sold on Dak ....

I wonder if this plays into the theory that Jerry wants to rebuild? He even stated during the draft he was considering Edwards-Helaire if he fell to them in the 2nd round. Why would he do this if we already have Zeke and Pollard? It's possible that he is now tanking for Trevor Lawerence. Very interesting, We'll have to keep watch on Jerry's next moves. It seems that defense will continue to be ignored next year, despite our offense being fine as is (Minus needing a new OC)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing. In fact, I find it interesting that Dak puts up a ton a stats last week, has some turnovers and I am thinking to myself that this board would have been on fire had that been Romo...

I like Dak. I also like Romo. With Romo, I always felt we had a chance. I don't feel that way with Dak. It's not a bad thing. It's more me than anything else.
I honestly can't blame you.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I wonder if this plays into the theory that Jerry wants to rebuild? He even stated during the draft he was considering Edwards-Helaire if he fell to them in the 2nd round. Why would he do this if we already have Zeke and Pollard? It's possible that he is now tanking for Trevor Lawerence. Very interesting, We'll have to keep watch on Jerry's next moves. It seems that defense will continue to be ignored next year, despite our offense being fine as is (Minus needing a new OC)
the comments in their entirety are very confusing. seems out of character for jerry to want to rebuild rather than reload. but maybe he feels there is no chance they get Dak signed to an acceptable deal and thus time to trade proven players to stockpile picks for the new QB to grow with ...

pansophy

Reaction score
Facts hurt but its the truth..there is gap..Dak and his agent doesnt see it but looking around at teams like say the Texans who just overpaid for their QB that is 0-3 now , well shows theres a gap..a BIG ONE
If we look at the breakdown of QBR, Romo does a bit better as a passer than Dak but Dak catches up with running plays.

Dak found a way to win against Atlanta, and has done well in those situations overall. It’s not like Dak is inept in the 2 minute drill.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Well, the Collins tweet isn't too promising.

the doctors don't know We're trying to work through some structure issues. ... The longer you go, the less optimistic you get

Yeah. That’s a statement setting up the fans for a bad outcome regarding Collins being on the field this year.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
So Jerry is putting Romo in the Mahomes grouping now.

No wonder the team has sucked for 20+ years.

Exactly. Funny the great romo won us what 1 or 2 playoff games. Romo would of done exactly what dak did. Play well enough for us to win but when your run game becomes no existent, your RB dropping passes in the flats multiple times, special teams and your defense let you down all in the same game you typically lose those games. Especially vs a good team.

jsb357

Reaction score
LOL.

Taking a TB in the 2nd round last year? After you just paid Elliott a crap ton and had Pollard?

Imagine letting Jones walk, passing up Diggs in the 2nd to take a TB. That would have been awesome and the threads here would have been legendary.

yea like seriously what da???