Twitter: Jerry Speaketh

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Agree. But at the same time, the OL you draft in the 2nd-4th rounds should be able to offset losses due to injury/retirment/etc..., so you're not left relying on undrafted FAs and journeymen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing. In fact, I find it interesting that Dak puts up a ton a stats last week, has some turnovers and I am thinking to myself that this board would have been on fire had that been Romo...

I like Dak. I also like Romo. With Romo, I always felt we had a chance. I don't feel that way with Dak. It's not a bad thing. It's more me than anything else.
My memory isn't the best but what memorable games did Romo win for us? Because I remember thinking like yeah we had a chance to win but we also had a chance of losing with a turnover.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Agree. But at the same time, the OL you draft in the 2nd-4th rounds should be able to offset losses due to injury/retirment/etc..., so you're not left relying on undrafted FAs and journeymen.

Yeah I don't think anyone is saying you need all pro linemen but like you said...we were sold McGovern and Connor Wiliams would be solid starters and they haven't been.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL.

Taking a TB in the 2nd round last year? After you just paid Elliott a crap ton and had Pollard?

Imagine letting Jones walk, passing up Diggs in the 2nd to take a TB. That would have been awesome and the threads here would have been legendary.
Yeah I don't buy that crap and if so they are more dumb than I thought. I had no issue taking another running back but not in the 2nd. They lucked into the draft they had it seems.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh boy. You just lit a match and kickstarted a 30 page thread man!!! LOL
Aye I meant that because I do agree with you in closing minutes I felt comfortable with Romo to do 1 of 2 things. Either win the game or throw a pick or fumble to end it. With Dak....there was a time earlier in his career I felt comfortable with him in closing minutes. Now I don't feel it like I once did.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think anyone is saying you need all pro linemen but like you said...we were sold McGovern and Connor Wiliams would be solid starters and they haven't been.

Yep. And Biadicz. It's still early on him, so we'll see.... but if those three guys are/were playing solid ball this year, the OL situation is not in shambles at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The fact that the Cowboys have not signed ET shows that Stephen Jones and MM really are in charge of football operations.

In the old days Jerry would have signed ET to a 10 year, 500M contract in this type of situation.

I don't think it has anything to do with MM. I think its all Stephen honestly. If Stephen wanted him and MM didn't....Earl would be a Cowboy.

superonyx

Reaction score

Wow thats concerning.
Jerry refused to acknowledge that Dak was basically sacked on that play (and the play before) and with no time outs had only 6 seconds left when spinning out of the sack.
Maybe Jerry could acknowledge the difference between Wilson at the end of the game and Dak was that Wilson had 14 seconds to find the open man while Dak was trying to fight his way out of a sack.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Aye I meant that because I do agree with you in closing minutes I felt comfortable with Romo to do 1 of 2 things. Either win the game or throw a pick or fumble to end it. With Dak....there was a time earlier in his career I felt comfortable with him in closing minutes. Now I don't feel it like I once did.

Not me. I don't engage in comparing the two.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Mr. Clarence really butchered the interpretation of that entire statement. Crazy how he flipped the script entirely. Sounded like Jerry was more praising Dak, but Clarence made it seem like he was critisizing him.

And made headlines everywhere by misinterpreting and posting it on twitter

superonyx

Reaction score
Its the truth. He had 3 legit shots at the at TD on that last drive. Romo and Mahomes throw 3 shots to the endzone at least giving his receivers a chance.

Dak very seldom puts the ball up unless he has a perfect window.

The dude has to throw into those tight windows and give your receivers a chance. We got 3 receivers that have proven hey can make the tough catch.
Did you miss the sack and the sack he fought his way out of with 10 seconds left in the game and no time outs?
Or is my memory slipping?

How dare your QB not throw a 40 yard TD pass after being swung to the ground with less than 10 seconds and no time outs.

ESisback

Reaction score
Unlikely they pull off that play any more than Dak, but would they have been closer to the goal and had a better chance before the play began? Perhaps. Dallas wasted a lot of time on that drive.

Surprised Jerry would say that publicly, if that's indeed what he said.
Me too, because we all know how ultra sensitive these players are nowdays. If I was getting paid 31 million to play ball, and my boss insinuated displeasure in my 1-8 record against playoff level teams, I MIGHT be inclined to worry, as opposed to being butthurt.

The possibility that this is the start of a team dividing rift worries me. Good thing I’m not as emotionally invested as I was in the old days!