Jerry still the biggest problem

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Too bad someone can't turn up the heat in the general manager's office.

The fact that Jerry Jones won't even consider stepping down as general manager at age 75 makes him the NFL's biggest hypocrite.

Can anyone figure out the primary reason America's Team is a mediocre mess?

Through five different Head Coaches, numerous assistants and hundreds of players this era , there remains once constant .

Of course, we can holler about the obvious until we're hoarse. It doesn't matter because Jerry is way too stubborn and arrogant to change his mind.

Yeah, Jerry desperately wants to win. As long as he gets the lion's share of the credit.

His ego takes priority over giving the Cowboys the best chance to succeed.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think everyone knows he is the biggest problem. Knowing that, he isn’t the ONLY problem and I think you want everyone to blame everything on Jerry, and it is especially true when talking about Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
  1. Jerry is incapable of being brutally honest with himself when it comes to his ability to build a football team, which ranks a little above selling panties and starring in pizza commercials among his many professional responsibilities. Or he's simply too selfish to cede control.

Jerry even admitted he would have fired his GM at some point if he didn't see that man in the mirror every day. That's an incredibly ridiculous comment that makes perfect sense when viewed through the prism of someone who bought the Cowboys to become famous and is hell-bent on proving he isn't a football fool despite almost two decades of post-dynasty evidence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think everyone knows he is the biggest problem. Knowing that, he isn’t the ONLY problem and I think you want everyone to blame everything on Jerry, and especially not to blame Garrett for anything because of Jerry.
Why do we have a coach like Garrett? And why does Jerry insist on retaining Garrett?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Someone got a new container of Jerry Jelly and wants to have the same conversation to repeat the same things that have been repeated for two decades.
It still applies and the root of all of our problems regardless the HC, assistants and players.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound supportive? What’s your intent ?

LOL. I figured. What is your point? Is it:

1. Jerry is still the biggest problem like the title claims?

I have already acknowledged we know. I think it is generally accepted as common knowledge Jerry is the biggest problem with the exception of a few outliers. There isn’t much defending of Jerry and if it is ,it’s about a specific thing. There isn’t a lot of praise being tossed Jerry’s way.

2. You guys quit talking about Garrett and just blame Jerry for everything?

I think this is your true intent of the thread and, you’re right, I am not supportive of this. Just because Jerry controls whether Garrett remains does not mean discussions about him shouldn’t occur.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I've laughed many many times when fans have suggested that Bellichic should be our HC. Are you frickin kidding me!! Belly IS Jerry except he's not GM and owner, he's GM and HC. Jerry is Belly, a coach wannabe but lowly owner and GM. Jerry maintained early that any HC could win with the 90's team. I'm sure he included himself in that "anyone". Then he went out and proved it by bringing in Switzer. OMFG, Switzer was a horrible coach. No better than Garrett. Let things run amok and Aikman hated him for his lack of discipline. What saved Switzers arse was great talent around him and a good supporting coaching staff including OC Zampese, who learned under Air Coryell and DC Campo who learned under Jimmy. Switzer was a complete moron.

The gist of this is JJ wants to be Bellichic. He always thought he could coach. His ego is no bigger or smaller than Bellichic but he is 75 and time is passing him by. What happens when time passes by, we hold on to it. Don't let it slip through our fingers. The sand of the hour glass. How do I know that? I'm holding on.

Sure blame JJ for all the teams problems. Blame JG too. Or Linnehan? Dez maybe? Dak? Choose you poison, there is plenty to go around BUT, know this, I would love to work for Mr Jones. Most of his past players have said that. Isn't it strange that fans hate on the man that former players seem to love. Even Deion and Deion don't like nobody but Deion.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL. I figured. What is your point? Is it:

1. Jerry is still the biggest problem like the title claims?

I have already acknowledged we know. I think it is generally accepted as common knowledge Jerry is the biggest problem with the exception of a few outliers. There isn’t much defending of Jerry and if it is ,it’s about a specific thing. There isn’t a lot of praise being tossed Jerry’s way.

2. You guys quit talking about Garrett and just blame Jerry for everything?

I think this is your true intent of the thread and, you’re right, I am not supportive of this. Just because Jerry controls whether Garrett remains does not mean discussions about him shouldn’t occur.
That’s fine. The Garrett bashing will continue. This just serves as a reminder that Garrett isn’t the biggest or root of the problem .Rinse and repeat .

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
Of course he's still the biggest problem, the fish rots from the head down.

By the way, we are no longer" America's Team", we don't deserve it after the last two decades.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more one dislikes someone but continues to think about them, the more power they give them over their thoughts.

Booger is the face of the Dallas Cowboys, just as he wants it. Want proof? Just look at the amount of this forum he dominates and I doubt the other owners and/or GM's get near this amount of dominance on their forums.

We can either accept that or move on to another team because he's not stepping down unless forced to because of health. I accepted that through ignoring him as much as I can. I don't listen to or watch him and only know what he says from what I read here and I don't miss anything because every word he stumbles over is repeated here.

Took me a while to figure out one of the paths to contentment and happiness is finding that which irritates me and avoiding it. It's like allergies, I am allergic to Booger. Greg, the next time you start to watch an interview with Booger, ask yourself 'how will I most likely feel after this, better or worse?' I have never answered "better" to that question unless he is announcing his retirement. And even then, I don't trust him not to go all Favre on us.

But, vent on, brother, vent on.