Jerry still the biggest problem

Eddie

Reaction score
Too bad someone can't turn up the heat in the general manager's office.

The fact that Jerry Jones won't even consider stepping down as general manager at age 75 makes him the NFL's biggest hypocrite.

Can anyone figure out the primary reason America's Team is a mediocre mess?

Through five different Head Coaches, numerous assistants and hundreds of players this era , there remains once constant .

Of course, we can holler about the obvious until we're hoarse. It doesn't matter because Jerry is way too stubborn and arrogant to change his mind.

Yeah, Jerry desperately wants to win. As long as he gets the lion's share of the credit.

His ego takes priority over giving the Cowboys the best chance to succeed.

Been saying this for 20 years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree to disagree. I've seen copious amounts of coaching issues. And I couldn't care less about other teams. There's no standard that justifies the idiocy I've seen.

You should care about the performance of our staff relative to the performance of other staffs. That's the standard they're hired and compensated by.

It's fine to just say you expect perfection and that you won't tolerate mediocrity. Sounds great on a message board, and lets you take the hard line on quality. In practice, though, it's unrealistic. There are always going to be play calls you want back. Just like there are going to be passes the QB wants back, and reps the DBs want back. It's part of the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I still can't understand why some people follow a team who's owner they hate for 25 years or more.
For the same reasons we might hate our boss at the company we work at but love our job or hate our country’s leadership but still love our country.

Jerry doesn’t play the game on the field. It’s easy to still root for the players and team while despising our owner . I’m not a fan of many the owners of business I patronize but I still buy their product.

I didn’t like our 2nd owner Bum Bright either. I’m not a fan of Mark Cuban at all but the Mavs are my local team too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You should care about the performance of our staff relative to the performance of other staffs. That's the standard they're hired and compensated by.

It's fine to just say you expect perfection and that you won't tolerate mediocrity. Sounds great on a message board, and lets you take the hard line on quality. In practice, though, it's unrealistic. There are always going to be play calls you want back. Just like there are going to be passes the QB wants back, and reps the DBs want back. It's part of the game.
If other coaches performances is the standard than JG shouldn't have a job as a HC.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I didn’t agree with not putting Romo back in and I still believe it was a mistake.

I question everything . I said from the beginning Jerry would probably screw it up and I still think he did.

I’ve also said we should bring in a proven HC , let him surround himself with his own staff, etc .

But if that’s not possible I’m impresssed with how Garrett is handing the situation. Much better than most of his predecessors IMO.

And who are you Aviano? I’m assuming your from DC.com under a different name? Heath maybe?

yes, Heath.

Big_D

Reaction score
If he did there is zero guarantee that whoever would have been the head coach would have done any better.

true but he'd likely be gone after 8 years. Not just continue with the some pet project in hopes of uncovering the next Vince Lombardi. I really don't get Jerry's stance of being patient here. It's laughable at this point and it's not paying off.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For exactly this reason. You're quoting Brian Broaddus's paraphrasing what Garrett said, and you did it without saying so, or providing a link.

I'm not asking you to do anything I wouldn't expect anyone else to do or wouldn't do myself. If I'm quoting somebody, I provide the quote. If I don't, and they ask for it, I go and get it. It's how people on message boards are able to distinguish a primary information from something second-hand.

I'm actually pleased in this case that you actually had a quote from Broaddus. That's better than I expected, honestly.

LOL........right, everyone is lying. He said it in a press conference the day after the game as well. Sorry if I cant find that for you. Its pretty clear that you dont even pay attention. No wonder you think Garrett is great. Continue to turn a blind eye. Makes no difference to me. At this point you are his ONLY fan left on here. The entire board wants Garrett fired so one guy is inconsequential at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your right. We don’t . We only know what we’ve seen.

I got news for you buddy. Tom Brady couldnt win the SB with this team. He couldnt even win the SB with the team he had last year and that was way better than this one.

But since your hating on players because they cant overcome Jerry and Garrett then might as well hate everyone. Zeke, Lawrence, all of them. None are capable of overcoming it.

And you said it yourself............Romo couldnt either. So he sucks too right? Like I said, you are in worse shape then I am. I least I have my hatred pointed in the right direction.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve said for years. I personally like Garrett. I like he’s from the Jimmy era, his dad RIP from the Landry era and in general his families Cowboy history.

So, yes. I’m rooting for him to succeed despite all the obstacles he’s up against. If we’re going to be stuck with a puppet he’s who I’d just as soon have.

I like his persona. I like his presence . I think he brings some class to a classless ran franchise this era . All that’s lacking for all to embrace him is more success.

Wow.........thats it for me. I am officially putting you on ignore. You are a fan of Garrett, but rookie of the year Dak Prescott sucks to you?

Seee ya!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I got news for you buddy. Tom Brady couldnt win the SB with this team. He couldnt even win the SB with the team he had last year and that was way better than this one.

But since your hating on players because they cant overcome Jerry and Garrett then might as well hate everyone. Zeke, Lawrence, all of them. None are capable of overcoming it.

And you said it yourself............Romo couldnt either. So he sucks too right? Like I said, you are in worse shape then I am. I least I have my hatred pointed in the right direction.
No, Romo didn’t suck but he wasn’t enough to overcome . That’s not hating just telling it like it is. Romo never had a championship caliber defense either.

Keep spinning it for your narrative .

Have you found any teams yet that have won a Super Bowl without a Top 5 QB or defense yet?

Btw., Romo was a top 10 QB not top 5.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wow.........thats it for me. I am officially putting you on ignore. You are a fan of Garrett, but rookie of the year Dak Prescott sucks to you?

Seee ya!!!!
No , he doesn’t suck. I just think we need a more elite QB.

I bought Dak gear his Rookie season but after last year beginning to wish I hadn’t. Looks like we’re stuck with him so hope your right.

And we definitely could use a more elite HC but I don’t think that’s a real possibility with Jerry.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL........right, everyone is lying. He said it in a press conference the day after the game as well. Sorry if I cant find that for you. Its pretty clear that you dont even pay attention. No wonder you think Garrett is great. Continue to turn a blind eye. Makes no difference to me. At this point you are his ONLY fan left on here. The entire board wants Garrett fired so one guy is inconsequential at this point.

Sigh. Not going to do this with you. Just know that, if you're going to pull something you paraphrased or think you remember out of your butt and pass it off as something the coach or owner or QB or whoever actually said, posters are going to ask you to provide links now and then.

I'm hardly the only guy on the internet who asks people to support what they say. And you're hardly the only guy pulling quotes out of your Commissoner's Office when you can't be bothered to take the extra minute it takes to verify it properly in the first place.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
true but he'd likely be gone after 8 years. Not just continue with the some pet project in hopes of uncovering the next Vince Lombardi. I really don't get Jerry's stance of being patient here. It's laughable at this point and it's not paying off.

What the 90's Super Bowl teams did other than make Dallas fans really happy was also to spoil them. They have been whining for years that the Cowboys haven been to or won a Super Bowl in 20 plus years but fail to think about things like the eagles that just won a Super Bowl for the 1st time in FIFTY TWO Super Bowls and there are 12 teams that have never won one. The there are 8 teams that have won one only a single Super Bowl, 3 that have won only 2, 3 that have won only 3, 2 that have only 4, the 49ers and patriots have won as many as the Cowboys at 5 and only 1 team has more than the Cowboys. Only the patriots have gone to 1 more Super Bowls than the Cowboys. So when you put EVERYTHING into perspective and take the spoiled whining away there is really only 2 teams in the last FIFTY TWO SEASONS that have done slightly better the the Cowboys. The steelers with one more Super Bowl win and the patriots for 1 more Super Bowl trip. Yes I would like for the Cowboys to have won more Super Bowls but I also think how lucky the Cowboys have been compared to all but a couple of teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What the 90's Super Bowl teams did other than make Dallas fans really happy was also to spoil them. They have been whining for years that the Cowboys haven been to or won a Super Bowl in 20 plus years but fail to think about things like the eagles that just won a Super Bowl for the 1st time in FIFTY TWO Super Bowls and there are 12 teams that have never won one. The there are 8 teams that have won one only a single Super Bowl, 3 that have won only 2, 3 that have won only 3, 2 that have only 4, the 49ers and patriots have won as many as the Cowboys at 5 and only 1 team has more than the Cowboys. Only the patriots have gone to 1 more Super Bowls than the Cowboys. So when you put EVERYTHING into perspective and take the spoiled whining away there is really only 2 teams in the last FIFTY TWO SEASONS that have done slightly better the the Cowboys. The steelers with one more Super Bowl win and the patriots for 1 more Super Bowl trip. Yes I would like for the Cowboys to have won more Super Bowls but I also think how lucky the Cowboys have been compared to all but a couple of teams.
Yep but the difference is this era the Cowboys aren’t doing the things that made them great in the past like great front office and coaching staffs.

That’s why other teams are passing us bye and we aren’t in that class anymore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sigh. Not going to do this with you. Just know that, if you're going to pull something you paraphrased or think you remember out of your butt and pass it off as something the coach or owner or QB or whoever actually said, posters are going to ask you to provide links now and then.

I'm hardly the only guy on the internet who asks people to support what they say. And you're hardly the only guy pulling quotes out of your Commissoner's Office when you can't be bothered to take the extra minute it takes to verify it properly in the first place.

Which I did. But by all means, continue to slosh your way through your love for Garrett. At this point, its what your widely known for on here. Your the biggest Garrett defender on here. Congrats.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yep but the difference is this era the Cowboys aren’t doing the things that made them great in the past like great front office and coaching staffs.

That’s why other teams are passing us bye and we aren’t in that class anymore.

Here's the other part that most fans don't think of. The 90's Super Bowl team was built before the salary cap started and because of that team the Cowboys started out so far in cap hell and have been in cap hell ever since. Now some wannabe capologists here say the Cowboys could have flushed all of the dead money in a couple of years and started over but those that say that would be the 1st to cry that Jones just gave up and the Cowboys don't need a quitter as a GM. The fact is that even though the teams never panned out to win another Super Bowl, Jones did try every year to field a team that could and doing so either continued the grip of cap hell or in a couple cases eliminated any gains made on the cap trying to field that winning team. But there are some fans that have grown up in the current I want now and if I don't get that then everything is wrong generation. This generation is the instant gratification generation and if wins don't happen now, then there's a huge problem. They don't realize that most teams run in cycles of winning years and losing years and not every winning cycle includes Super Bowl wins. Yes there are dynasties that come along. the Cowboys being 1 of them, but they don't happen to every team and they don't last forever.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which I did. But by all means, continue to slosh your way through your love for Garrett. At this point, its what your widely known for on here. Your the biggest Garrett defender on here. Congrats.

Thanks! I don't mind a bit. You weren't here yet, but I was in the same position about Mike Zimmer and Terrence Newman. Pretty much every single poster on the site told me how wrong I was and how foolish I was being. I didn't get the 'congrats' then, so I managed to satisfy myself by being right instead.

Big_D

Reaction score

None of that means anything! Improving every team in the league is a constant cycle. Unless teams are having some type of consistent success they move on.. look to improve!! You should see what you needed to see in 8 years when all you do is choke! It’s not about the Super Bowl race or just measuring a coach on championships. It’s about being consistent playoff participants. Get there, win a few, show some type of improvement. The window is open way too wide for nothing. Sue me cause I want to see a confident consistent playoff team, not the sad Garrett version we been watching for over a decade!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't mind a bit. You weren't here yet, but I was in the same position about Mike Zimmer and Terrence Newman. Pretty much every single poster on the site told me how wrong I was and how foolish I was being. I didn't get the 'congrats' then, so I managed to satisfy myself by being right instead.

I liked Zimmer for sure. You got that one right. Newman? He is a good corner, but he wasnt worth the 5th pick. In that regard he was a disappointment. But like most good players, they rot here in Dallas because of the coaching.

Like you with Garrett, I was a Wade defender. Not a supporter, but a defender. Not quite to the extent that you are with Garrett. My opinion was that people didnt give him enough credit for being a solid coach. Now I didnt want him as our coach, I wanted him fired, but he was a great DC and a mild coach. I caught a lot of flack for that as you did. But Garrett is much much worse. And the blind eye you turn shows a severe lack of caring for this football team.

AS far as being right, that time has long past. Garrett has been here for 10 years and has proven time and time again that he is wanton when it comes to coaching. He is sub standard. So what are you hoping for? That maybe one day we get lucky? Or that Jones finally puts together a roster so much better than everyone else that we win in spite of Garrett? If Garrett does something spectacular or he all of a sudden becomes a good coach, I will be the first to congratulate him and acknowledge. It almost appeared that he had gained some momentum when he continued to play Dak and kept Romo on the bench. It even appeared that they had changed the offense to suit Dak and were bringing him along well. All for it to fall apart at the end of they year in the playoffs with the horrid decisions he made. Then of course last year was a complete travesty as far as Garrett, Jones and the lack of adjustments or coaching.

You have already been proven dead wrong on Garrett. Anything now is just stubborn foolishness.