Jerry surprised on RB talk Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ramsey in the 1st and Henry in the second. Would have changed Cowboys history for sure.
I actually thought henry was the best rb, and he wouldnt cost the round 1 pick.
but most on this board thought elliot was hands down.

Jerry fell in love with elliot, and he still is in love with him, that is why E is here and the starter! lol jerry may extend E again after this season lol.

I hope henry has 100+ yards this sunday, and the ravens have 400 yds rushing.

Flamma

Reaction score
Running back is the reason we're not ripping off 15-20 yard run plays. But I don't think it's the reason we're being stuffed at the line. A better RB isn't going to solve the problem.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry makes it hard to like this team.......right now he is just trying to justify his terrible decisions at RB and bringing back Zeke...

Sydla

Reaction score
In my opinion I'm not concerned about the running back position I'm concerned about the run game the scheme the blocking and utilization of each back in a bit specific play call.. I think this looks disjointed because Mike McCarthy doesn't know how to properly use running back by committee if you need any proof go back and look at last year he had it completely backwards he used Tony like Rico and Rico like Tony literally just failed that is not the way you use the running backs and this year he ain't using Vaughn correctly and I believe he brought in zeke too late in this game...

I'm taking a leap here because I have no proof I believe he says before the game which player's gonna start and at which point in each game he's gonna bring in the other players and it does not matter where we are in the game what situations in front of us what down in distance he's going to use all three running backs however they happen to be on the field and fall into place at..

I mean any more proof he doesn't even really know how to use Turpin as a weapon last week it made me just cringe at how many passes to the edges and and they didn't work four times so he did it two more times I mean against that team in that situation that was a terrible use of Turpin and whoever else was out there instead of trying to take the top off the defense when the game started getting away from us I hardly seen any passes over 20 yards and please don't blame the quarterback and don't even really blame the receivers I realize there wasn't much separation'cause they were making it way too easy we throw all this stuff underneath and and you basically let the defense dictate what you're gonna do this is what it looks like..

So I don't care if we had prime Emmett Smith right now I think he'd make him look bad Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to get it... I mean he just confuses me on why he's bringing these guys in and using the way he is it makes no sense Ezekiel Elliott should be used for short yardage blocking and goal line well we have to get to the goal line first 'cause that's not working right now but starting Rico I was OK with that but he left him in there too long there were situations was Rico was getting absolutely smashed and run blocking and where was he I don't know I think he came in in the second quarter sometime because I bet that's what he had in his notes to do...​
If this continues three more weeks if I'm Jerry I'm going to Mike McCarthy and taking play calling away from him and then making a demand to the actual offensive coordinator whoever that might be I forget his name and make sure he knows what I want out of this offense and figure out a way to get it done..​
Like I said I've seen running back by committees that actually can work and they don't need to be dynamic if they're being blocked correctly and you bring in the right running back for the right call it can work it's not working I'm blaming Mike McCarthy first and foremost and maybe that's what Jerry's saying even though he's not saying it and him not knowing about Calvin cook that's because he's leaving it up to Mike McCarthy because Mike McCarthy said he wasn't sure yet they're deciding I think after they finished practice this week and they're gonna decide when they're doing the active list..​
But if he continues to use Vaughn like this there's no reason for him to ever be active that is not how you utilize a guy like him you need zone blocking you need direction and motion and get him out in space if not leave him at home...​
The running backs are not good. We have a bottom 5 running back corps.

That isn’t an excuse for the scheme but the running backs are JAGS too.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First he's heard of it! We've been widely panned as having the worst running back group in the league but this is all new information to him!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
‘I don’t need no running back, I’ve got the highest paid QB in that darn NFL!”

giphy.gif

“Dak and Zeke made sweet magical 13-3 love in 2016 and by god, they’ll do it again in 2024!”

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
In my opinion I'm not concerned about the running back position I'm concerned about the run game the scheme the blocking and utilization of each back in a bit specific play call.. I think this looks disjointed because Mike McCarthy doesn't know how to properly use running back by committee if you need any proof go back and look at last year he had it completely backwards he used Tony like Rico and Rico like Tony literally just failed that is not the way you use the running backs and this year he ain't using Vaughn correctly and I believe he brought in zeke too late in this game...

I'm taking a leap here because I have no proof I believe he says before the game which player's gonna start and at which point in each game he's gonna bring in the other players and it does not matter where we are in the game what situations in front of us what down in distance he's going to use all three running backs however they happen to be on the field and fall into place at..

I mean any more proof he doesn't even really know how to use Turpin as a weapon last week it made me just cringe at how many passes to the edges and and they didn't work four times so he did it two more times I mean against that team in that situation that was a terrible use of Turpin and whoever else was out there instead of trying to take the top off the defense when the game started getting away from us I hardly seen any passes over 20 yards and please don't blame the quarterback and don't even really blame the receivers I realize there wasn't much separation'cause they were making it way too easy we throw all this stuff underneath and and you basically let the defense dictate what you're gonna do this is what it looks like..

So I don't care if we had prime Emmett Smith right now I think he'd make him look bad Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to get it... I mean he just confuses me on why he's bringing these guys in and using the way he is it makes no sense Ezekiel Elliott should be used for short yardage blocking and goal line well we have to get to the goal line first 'cause that's not working right now but starting Rico I was OK with that but he left him in there too long there were situations was Rico was getting absolutely smashed and run blocking and where was he I don't know I think he came in in the second quarter sometime because I bet that's what he had in his notes to do...​
If this continues three more weeks if I'm Jerry I'm going to Mike McCarthy and taking play calling away from him and then making a demand to the actual offensive coordinator whoever that might be I forget his name and make sure he knows what I want out of this offense and figure out a way to get it done..​
Like I said I've seen running back by committees that actually can work and they don't need to be dynamic if they're being blocked correctly and you bring in the right running back for the right call it can work it's not working I'm blaming Mike McCarthy first and foremost and maybe that's what Jerry's saying even though he's not saying it and him not knowing about Calvin cook that's because he's leaving it up to Mike McCarthy because Mike McCarthy said he wasn't sure yet they're deciding I think after they finished practice this week and they're gonna decide when they're doing the active list..​
But if he continues to use Vaughn like this there's no reason for him to ever be active that is not how you utilize a guy like him you need zone blocking you need direction and motion and get him out in space if not leave him at home...​
No one in the Cowboys organization is listening to Jerry Jones anymore. Least of all Mike McCarthy. MM knows he’s in his last year with the Cowboys. He’ll nod in agreement with Jerry and then go do whatever he wants to do. Dak Prescott is guaranteed $231 million. More than any NFL player ever. More than any Dallas Cowboys employee ever. He doesn’t even have to act like he cares what anyone says. There was a day Jerry Jones was the dog. Now he’s the tail. The run game is what it is. The players will do their best and Jerry will be proud of them.

Praxit

Reaction score
..after the collapse of the DT sector. He's like, "kidding me?". We have bigger issues on hand.. lol..