Twitter: Jerry: The Eagles are going to be all we can handle

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I have a list for you of career starts Dak has in common:

QBs who were not first round picks.

Since 2000, 17 times has a QB been taken after the first round (or undrafted) and received a top 10 NFL contract from the team that drafted him despite not bringing his team to a conference championship game on his rookie deal. 0 of those QBs the proceeded to take their drafting team to the conference championship after the mega pay raise. Giving them more of the salary cap meant fewer good players around them and did not increase the possibility of winning football games. I know it’s 17 because I made a thread about it on this site before Dak signed his contract. I researched it, got all their names, career records, everything.

Is Dak a transcendent player? A guy who will take a mediocre team and drag them to playoff wins? Or Is Dak a pro bowl caliber mid round pick who’s played beyond expectation and has brought the team to division championships when the team had strong all-around rosters? “Most talented roster in the NFL!” Remember that? The 17 guys were QBs like that. Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, David Garrard.

17 times a QB wasn’t a first round pick and got the top 10 deal despite no conference championship appearance. And all 17 times they never made it with the deal either. Dak Prescott is currently 2 years into being number 18.
Who would you compare to Prescott?