Twitter: Jerry: The Eagles are going to be all we can handle

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Better? They've won 1 superbowl and have over paid on free agents every year. Eagles win barely against Detroit and 1 decent win against Minnesota and now everyone wants to drink their bath water.

If winning 1 superbowl makes you envious of the Philly Front Office, there is about half the league wanting to speak with you about how great their FO is as well.

Philly doesn't have a good FO.

Especially when Kirk Cousins is absolutely putrid in primetime.

plasticman

Reaction score
Thank you Captain Obvious. Any words from your trusty sidekick, Parrot Boy?

GINeric

Reaction score
Wasnt the first game of his seventh season the worst statistical game of his career? Why are we saying that’s improvement?

You're absolutely right, no argument here about the first game of the season.

But I'll patiently wait for you to send me a list of quarterbacks who were judged based on the first game of the season, good or bad. I'll wait...

ESisback

Reaction score
By all means tell us how Dallas is more
Relevant and superior than Philly? What in team value and ratings?

Also I’m not the one who cherry picked the last 20 years. I was responding to someone.

If watching the 90’s highlights on VHS makes you feel better though. Have at it.

It doesn’t. It makes me sad. That’s why I try not to dwell on it. But if someone knocks my team in favor of another, I’m gonna respond.

The complainers always characterize non-complainers as homers holding on to ratings and team value only. That’s just a small part of it. They never seem to acknowledge the other stuff—the larger fanbase, the overall higher number of Playoffs and Super Bowls, the edge Dallas holds in head to head matchups, the number one all time rusher, the nickname, the stadium, the uniform—the whole package.

Excuse me for being a fan of my team.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You're absolutely right, no argument here about the first game of the season.

But I'll patiently wait for you to send me a list of quarterbacks who were judged based on the first game of the season, good or bad. I'll wait...

When they don’t play future games and that’s all Dak has to work with, he’s on a list all his own. Trailblazing in that department

Flamma

Reaction score
Hurts is better than Dak at this point. If Jerry isn’t humbled by that, nothing will do it.

This is a perfect example of why it's a team sport. Put Hurts on Dallas with our OC and our running game and see how he does. I'm guessing he doesn't throw for 333 yards against the Bucs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It doesn’t. It makes me sad. That’s why I try not to dwell on it. But if someone knocks my team in favor of another, I’m gonna respond.

The complainers always characterize non-complainers as homers holding on to ratings and team value only. That’s just a small part of it. They never seem to acknowledge the other stuff—the larger fanbase, the overall higher number of Playoffs and Super Bowls, the edge Dallas holds in head to head matchups, the number one all time rusher, the nickname, the stadium, the uniform—the whole package.

Excuse me for being a fan of my team.

I mean… all I did was state a fact about overall team success to another poster and you’re the one who made a sarcastic comment towards it.

That’s why I responded. Pretty straightforward.
You’re allowed to be a fan of the team.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Idiot better be more worried about the Giant's and Washington in the next 2 weeks:facepalm:

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Better? They've won 1 superbowl and have over paid on free agents every year. Eagles win barely against Detroit and 1 decent win against Minnesota and now everyone wants to drink their bath water.

If winning 1 superbowl makes you envious of the Philly Front Office, there is about half the league wanting to speak with you about how great their FO is as well.

Philly doesn't have a good FO.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

GINeric

Reaction score
When they don’t play future games and that’s all Dak has to work with, he’s on a list all his own. Trailblazing in that department

Ohhhh... so this is another one of those situations that Dak is only judged by, but it doesn't apply to other quarterbacks in the same situation..... got it!!

Yeah Dak is on alot of those "it only applies to him" lists....

Its hypocritical but I understand. I guess.....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ohhhh... so this is another one of those situations that Dak is only judged by, but it doesn't apply to other quarterbacks in the same situation..... got it!!

Yeah Dak is on alot of those "it only applies to him" lists....

Its hypocritical but I understand. I guess.....

That doesn’t make it hypocritical. Dak is Dak. No one else is Dak.

What other quarterbacks are in the same situation? Let’s go through the list: QBs who never made a conference championship game, have never been 1st or second team all pro, had their worst game of their career to start their seventh season.

Who are the QBs you’re referring to that are also in that situation?

There are none. So what are you talking about?

Swagger

Reaction score

What other quarterbacks are in the same situation? Let’s go through the list: QBs who never made a conference championship game, have never been 1st or second team all pro, had their worst game of their career to start their seventh season.

I would rather roll with Hurts over Prescott at this stage in their careers. Before even comparing their ability, Prescott has now had issues with his shoulder, thigh/hamstring, ankle/foot and thumb (on throwing hand). He's getting banged up pretty good whilst Hurts is moving around like a legit running back. Hurts is competent enough with arm - he's no Peyton Manning but hey he can drive the bus with his arm and work some magic with his legs.

GINeric

Reaction score

This reminds me of how people say Dak has only one playoff win within his first 5 or 6 full seasons so "he's a bum".

Then I mentioned to them how P. Manning and Drew Brees only had one playoff win within that SAME IDENTICAL time frame and then those people say, "well that's different"..... do you see the BS hypocrisy???

I never said Dak is better or will be better than those quarterbacks, but a blind man can see the hypocrisy and the goal post moving in that situation.

You're doing the exact same thing. You mentioned how Dak hasn’t reached a conference championship game yet as a knock on him like he plays defense, drafts players and coach the team too.

But if i name 5 other quarterbacks who had great success as their careers matured, but didn't reach a conference championship game in the same amount of time Dak played.... You'd move the goal post too because thats what yall do.

**** is actually hilarious to see. I'll give you credit, you actually don't deny your hypocrisy.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This reminds me of how people say Dak has only one playoff win within his first 5 or 6 full seasons so "he's a bum".

Then I mentioned to them how P. Manning and Drew Brees only had one playoff win within that SAME IDENTICAL time frame and then those people say, "well that's different"..... do you see the BS hypocrisy???

I never said Dak is better or will be better than those quarterbacks, but a blind man can see the hypocrisy and the goal post moving in that situation.

You're doing the exact same thing. You mentioned how Dak hasn’t reached a conference championship game yet as a knock on him like he plays defense, drafts players and coach the team too.

But if i name 5 other quarterbacks who had great success as their careers matured, but didn't reach a conference championship game in the same amount of time Dak played.... You'd move the goal post too because thats what yall do.

**** is actually hilarious to see. I'll give you credit, you actually don't deny your hypocrisy.

I just said in my previous post that it wasn’t hypocritical. It’s like you don’t even bother reading what people say. there is no hypocrisy.

You keep bringing up what he has in common with Peyton. Do you believe in your heart Dak is Peyton Manning?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I never said they didn't improve.. What I said was the Cowboys are still better. Maybe not to the tune of beating them by an average 24 points a game but still better. Better defense, better running backs, better receivers (when they're all on the field) and perhaps most importantly, when healthy better QB. The Cowboys may not boat race them twice this year.. Maybe they even split with them.. But I have not seen a 20+ point swing between the two teams.. Even if the Eagles improve by two TDs against Dallas they still lose by double digits if all things stay equal. That's what they're looking at.. Now if Dak doesn't make it all the way back to his pre-calf injury self yes.. Philly might be on equal footing with the Cowboys or could even be better. But I have to see it to believe it.

I don't believe the Eagles are are gong to crush the Cowboys I just think it's close now with them having a chance to take the division. It's debatable now who has the better receiving core. None of this would be happening now if the Dallas front office didn't sit on their hands.

GINeric

Reaction score
I just said in my previous post that it wasn’t hypocritical. It’s like you don’t even bother reading what people say. there is no hypocrisy.

You keep bringing up what he has in common with Peyton. Do you believe in your heart Dak is Peyton Manning?

Apparently you don't read what is typed either because I've already stated that I don't believe Dak is better than Manning....

But the truth of the matter is, they BOTH only won ONE playoff game after their first 6 full seasons of being a starting quarterback. There's no way you can get around that or undo it. Both had one playoff win at this time in their careers, period!! I didn't make this up, it is what it is....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Apparently you don't read what is typed either because I've already stated that I don't believe Dak is better than Manning....

But the truth of the matter is, they BOTH only won ONE playoff game after their first 6 full seasons of being a starting quarterback. There's no way you can get around that or undo it. Both had one playoff win at this time in their careers, period!! I didn't make this up, it is what it is....

Except you did make this up, because Manning had more than 1 playoff win his first 6 years.

GINeric

Reaction score
Except you did make this up, because Manning had more than 1 playoff win his first 6 years.

You're absolutely correct, I mistakenly mixed up this debate with someone else I had a prior conversation with. We argued who had the better first 5 seasons and I stated how Dak won a playoff game in two years and it took Manning 6 years to win his first playoff game.

So no i didn't make anything up, I just mixed up arguments with someone else. With that said, Dak won a playoff game before Manning, but i didn't walk around saying he's better than Manning.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You're absolutely correct, I mistakenly mixed up this debate with someone else I had a prior conversation with. We argued who had the better first 5 seasons and I stated how Dak won a playoff game in two years and it took Manning 6 years to win his first playoff game.

So no i didn't make anything up, I just mixed up arguments with someone else. With that said, Dak won a playoff game before Manning, but i didn't walk around saying he's better than Manning.

I have a list for you of career starts Dak has in common:

QBs who were not first round picks.

Since 2000, 17 times has a QB been taken after the first round (or undrafted) and received a top 10 NFL contract from the team that drafted him despite not bringing his team to a conference championship game on his rookie deal. 0 of those QBs the proceeded to take their drafting team to the conference championship after the mega pay raise. Giving them more of the salary cap meant fewer good players around them and did not increase the possibility of winning football games. I know it’s 17 because I made a thread about it on this site before Dak signed his contract. I researched it, got all their names, career records, everything.

Is Dak a transcendent player? A guy who will take a mediocre team and drag them to playoff wins? Or Is Dak a pro bowl caliber mid round pick who’s played beyond expectation and has brought the team to division championships when the team had strong all-around rosters? “Most talented roster in the NFL!” Remember that? The 17 guys were QBs like that. Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, David Garrard.

17 times a QB wasn’t a first round pick and got the top 10 deal despite no conference championship appearance. And all 17 times they never made it with the deal either. Dak Prescott is currently 2 years into being number 18.

Last edited: