Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This is actually a brilliant plan.

Romo heals, then plays late in the season. he is coming in fresh and brings a different look to the team.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
My thing is this guys been broken by like the last 7 tackles he's faced. He is the better player but I think teams will blitz the **** out of him. I can see an nfce team sending 8 and 9 and living with the results and honestly retiring the guy.

What's so scary about treating it like an open competition? We may have the 1 seed Locked up. This is football it's a game the top super bowl contender having an open qb competition in week 16 and 17 is FASCINATING

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys Jerry Poppins On Dak/Romo: Beyond The ********** And Down The Rabbit-Hole
November 1, 2016 11:28 AM By Mike Fisher

FRISCO (105.3 The Fan) – At the risk of mixing my metaphors from two beloved British tales featuring female protagonists …

Jerry Poppins is taking us Beyond his ********** to his Rabbit Hole.

On Tuesday morning, Cowboys boss Jerry Jones joined “Shan & RJ’’ on 105.3 The Fan and addressed the Tony Romo/Dak Prescott situation in a delightfully convoluted manner. Schedules were turned into pretzels, timetables were twisted into knots, paths morphed into head-on collisions of illogic and misinformation.

“The thing is,’’ Jones said, “I don’t want to speculate what we’re going to do when the time comes.”

And we could just leave it at that. But …

When questioned about Romo’s readiness beyond this week in Cleveland and instead for the Pittsburgh game, Jerry said, “I do think unquestionably Tony is going to be ready to go for us at some point near the end of the year and we’ll be able to evaluate things at that time.”

“End of the year’’? That sounds like a “new’’ and pushed-back timetable …

Unless you look at your calendar and see that over the course of 12 months, Nov. 13 (the date of Dallas at Steelers) is indeed “near the end of the year.’’

Read the rest: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/11/01/...yond-the-glory-hole-and-down-the-rabbit-hole/

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Because the playoff record of a 10 year starting quarterback isn't important? Romo is 2-7 in win-or-go-home games. That needs to be factored into any decision and I'm sure it will be. I'll stick with Jerry on this. His comments this morning give me hope they will do the right thing.

Because if someone thinks that QBs are soley responsible for wins and losses, and ESPECIALLY if they bring up nonsense like "win-or-go-home games," then they're not worth my time.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
if you are going to blame romo and hate him that is your thing to do. All i ask is that at least people could be factually correct.

he was 1-4 and we were blowing out the giants. He got hurt, Kitna was pathetic the second half and against jacksonville and Green Bay.

they fired wade who was blitzing and playing man to man and getting us killed. Paul Pasqualoni took over the defense and started playing a ton of zone and the team benefitted from that. Kitna beat NY, Indy, Det and Washington. He was awful against the cardinals before getting hurt. He did not in any way shape or form play better than Romo.

In fact romo threw what should have been a game winning td against minnesota but the defense couldn't hold and the same in Tenn. We went and scored and then got that absurd penalty on columbo and lost the game.

I know you will dismiss all this and that is fine. But these are the facts. The defense was awful and what worked in the tail end of 09 did not in 10 on defense and it got us beat.

Yes, but you're using logic, facts, and reason, which make no difference to someone who has chosen to believe what they want to believe no matter what.

csirl

Reaction score
I don't understand the assumption that Romo will come back and play at a pro bowl level. Given his age, injury history and what we saw when he played last season this is unlikely, even if he's cleared to play.

I think the team itself is not optimistic - they hoped Romo would bounce back but are now accepting the new reality. There's good reason they sought out and acquired an experienced ex pro bowler as the backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony never takes a meaningful snap for the Cowboys again.

For the record, I don't think Dak had proven he's the future yet. I'm one of those who've been pleasantly surprised to date. I would like to see enough progression from him between now and seasons end to convince me we don't need to draft a QB in the first.

I don't think Dak is keeping Romo on the bench - injury is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What if we lose to the Browns and Steelers? I bet Romo heals overnight, this is such crap Romo is ready to play but don't want to derail Dak.
Jerry is playing to the lynch mob. They're waiting for Dak to slip up. He almost did Sunday but pulled out a Romo game.

Days next test is winning in the blue jerseys.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm referring specifically to the 90 yard TD drive to tie the game with just over 3 minutes left as well as the 75 yard TD drive in OT to win the game. Both drives were clutch and executed well.

Haha, I love this board.

Defense stops the Eagles offense multiple times, giving Dak multiple chances to put the game away. That's all on Dak! Same thing happens in Seattle, Wilson is a bus driver who gets multiple chances from his great defense!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't understand the assumption that Romo will come back and play at a pro bowl level. Given his age, injury history and what we saw when he played last season this is unlikely, even if he's cleared to play.

I think the team itself is not optimistic - they hoped Romo would bounce back but are now accepting the new reality. There's good reason they sought out and acquired an experienced ex pro bowler as the backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony never takes a meaningful snap for the Cowboys again.

For the record, I don't think Dak had proven he's the future yet. I'm one of those who've been pleasantly surprised to date. I would like to see enough progression from him between now and seasons end to convince me we don't need to draft a QB in the first.

I don't think Dak is keeping Romo on the bench - injury is.

Lack of practice time is keeping Romo on the bench. His back is now fine.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's getting pretty hilarious how much foam-at-thew mouth fervor there is with some fans and the media.
Then inside the Cowboy locker room, all seems fine.

People don't get it and try to project their insecurities or animosity into a situation FOR someone else...and those someone elses are just way above the cesspool, cruising along with dignity.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1721562-cowboys-secret-dez-witten-on-all-smiles

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Look, if Dak leads us to the #1 seed, it's his team period. No pulling, no experimenting, no more tests. You risk causing friction in the locker room if you put in Romo at the very end of the season just b/c we don't know how the kid will react to a playoff atmosphere.

I dont buy this friction in the locker room crap at all.

Also I dont care if he leads us to the #1 seed. As much as Romo has let us down in the playoffs, do I want a probowl veteran QB leading my team in the playoffs or do I want a rookie? That choice is pretty damn clear

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Jerry just said about romo on the fan that he might be able to go at the end of the year.

That means no Romo this season. So all you people that have hated him since he took over and have blamed everything on him now have gotten their wish, Tony Romo is no longer your quarterback.

I think this sucks personally.
Blab blah blah sir. This is one of the smartest most strategic things I have ever heard come out of Jerry's mouth.

More here.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...rner-blog/article111774057.html#storylink=cpy

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I shudder at the thought of the level of vitriol that has been spewed back & forth over 9 pages of this post.... So I won't thumb through it.

Great call Jerry... I'm actually shocked the right one was made.

Gabe

Reaction score
Better late than never, but I am truly glad Jerry Jones is finally starting to see the light.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Better late than never, but I am truly glad Jerry Jones is finally starting to see the light.

He isn't seeing the light. He doesn't run the team anymore and its quite obvious that Stephen Jones is in charge.