Jerry: Tyron and Tyler Smith suspect to play against Giants

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
We’re losing this game….I genuinely believe that.

Jerry bought a bunch of shiny toys in the off-season but failed to solidify our main weakness from last season. Pretty sure this season is going to shock some people in a bad way.
I have a feeling...you're not wrong...

too much hype and relying on "last year". That was then. Packers had back-to-back 13 win seasons...and then...dud.

Jarntt

Reaction score
This is Jerry trying to be coy and think he is keeping everyone guessing, but just really rambling on as usual. I'm not sure the team even knows if they will play or not. From what we heard Tyron is fine and should play, BUT, being Tyron one never knows. I legit think that they don't know if Tyler is going to play or not, but they already told us if he practices Saturday he likely plays and if he doesn't, he doesn't. So I guess we'll know tomorrow.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not just that they failed to address the weak depth on the OL, they made it worse by cutting the only viable option they had as a backup Center.
Agreed. I went on a rant calling it a huge mistake to cut Matt Farniok. He would help ease any concerns happening due to Tyler and Tyron suddenly injured right before Week 1's game. Cowboys had best hope Biadasz doesn't go down with injury because that would seriously cause major points of concern. They should call Farniok and try to bring him back right now.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Meltdown? I’ve been saying this for months. The failure to properly address the line will destroy this season…FACT.
It's kinda funny...Wasn't there a post a week or s ago where JJ was patting himself on the back on how well he built this team, except for OL depth?
If I was a reporter that would be the first question I would ask anyone on the coaching staff and front office to comment...So, did our GM screw up our Oline depth like he said he did?

Creeper

Reaction score
- they flat overlooked, overestimated the backup center role.

-They apparently put a lot of faith in Matt Farniok that he would take that step up , ..and apparently Farniok just was not making the evaluating grades they strongly prefer, and simply did not think he was worthy of a backup role on 53 roster.

-Problem is we have no one else to resort to in that backup role - Cross fingers on the Bass to center experiment.
I should clarify my statement. Cutting Farniok was not the sin. Not replacing him with someone better is the mistake. If they couldn't find someone better they should have kept Farniok. We'll see how it turns out in the end but if Biadasz gets hurt.

But let's face it, the Cowboys had a lot of tough decisions to make. They fell in love with certain players and made space to keep them on the roster. If Eric Scott, for example, falls flat, and one of the cut players does well, there will be criticism and justifiably so.

VABoyz

Reaction score
AT the end of the day, you win in the trenches. I don't care how good your weapons are but if you don't have blocking that gives you time to pass or open holes then the whole thing becomes raggedy. people who dont understand that baffles me. the trenches are CRUCIAL! Brandon Cooks will be an irrelevant deep threat if people are jumping in the QB's face and have him duck and scrambling once every 3 pass attempts.

rambo2

Reaction score
What are you basing this on? or just making it up? All along they have said it’s up in the air.
At this point it looks like Tyron will play and Tyler will not. Based on the reports we are getting. It looks to me that they will hold Tyler out to prevent him from hurting it worse.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So, Richards and Bass time? Don't forget last year best blocking back is now a Patriot.
Dak's health might be in the danger zone week one, again.
Probably Edoga starts at left guard and Richards is the swing guard/tackle. If an injury happens on the right side, Edoga moves over there and Richards comes in. Don't know if we'll also have Bass active since we'll need to have someone who can at least snap the ball, which is all our two backup centers on the PS are qualified to do.

CWR

Reaction score
Have you not learned ... Jerry speak .... yet? :laugh:
These words can be used interchangeably with him. :muttley:

Yes that's why he talks so much without giving away strategy. No one actually knows *** he's saying lol.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Goodness...Week 1 and already shuffling the OL. Might as well give them the extra week if it helps in the long run.

They both will play. Jerry trying to be coy. He knows what he is doing. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
Uh-huh, yeah Jerry knows what he is doing. He drafts a tight end in the 2nd round when he should have gotten oline. Two years ago, he drafted joseph from Kentucky. Where is he now? We have just scratched the surface on some of these wasted 2nd round picks. LOL

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tyron probably starts.
Tyler probably doesn’t even suit up.

Suspect implied they are both suspect, not ready. Tyler moreso, meaning less ready to play.