Jerry: Tyron and Tyler Smith suspect to play against Giants

rambo2

Reaction score
Uh-huh, yeah Jerry knows what he is doing. He drafts a tight end in the 2nd round when he should have gotten oline. Two years ago, he drafted joseph from Kentucky. Where is he now? We have just scratched the surface on some of these wasted 2nd round picks. LOL
See number 11.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Probably Edoga starts at left guard and Richards is the swing guard/tackle. If an injury happens on the right side, Edoga moves over there and Richards comes in. Don't know if we'll also have Bass active since we'll need to have someone who can at least snap the ball, which is all our two backup centers on the PS are qualified to do.
I thought Edoga was injured? Hope he can go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He hyperextended his right knee in early August, so he's had a month to heal up, while the timeline for recovery is 2 to 4 weeks. It's possible that he could have played in the last preseason game, but I don't think the team saw reason to rush it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We’re losing this game….I genuinely believe that.

Jerry bought a bunch of shiny toys in the off-season but failed to solidify our main weakness from last season. Pretty sure this season is going to shock some people in a bad way.
Funny part was Jerry, MM, Stephanie all hailed Oline as the biggest need area on our football team the entire offseason. And he just completely whiffed. Why doesnt he just go out and at least sign Peters so the guy can be ready in a game or two if we need him? He already said that he wants to play this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not just that they failed to address the weak depth on the OL, they made it worse by cutting the only viable option they had as a backup Center.
Farniok? BWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The great Farniok!!!!

He was terrible and got cut because of it. He was soo bad they are training rookies to play the position.

rambo2

Reaction score
Funny part was Jerry, MM, Stephanie all hailed Oline as the biggest need area on our football team the entire offseason. And he just completely whiffed. Why doesnt he just go out and at least sign Peters so the guy can be ready in a game or two if we need him? He already said that he wants to play this year.
It doesn't look like they whiffed on Richards and Bass. At least so far, we will see soon. They don't sign a vet in week 1 because they can sign one in week 2 and not be obligated for the entire season.

Reactions: CWR

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not true. I heard in the other thread that Bass is starting and we should have drafted a guard with our second round pick.
We should’ve drafted any position other than te in the 2nd……my guy Hyatt was there, oh boy

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Looks like Tyler will be a gametime decision if they are flying him out to New York.

Still don't think he plays but this is a great sign we should have him back next week at the worst.

Reactions: CWR

Gambit

Reaction score
Farniok? BWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The great Farniok!!!!

He was terrible and got cut because of it. He was soo bad they are training rookies to play the position.
So Rookies should never be trained to play a position? Didn't you say in another thread that Torrence could have been trained to inside zone block? Isn't he a Rookie?

I'm so confused by this position. Help me understand, when is it okay to train a rookie?

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think it would have been terrible to pay one good backup OL 7M a year. You pay him that much because there is a very good likelihood he is going to play, and play a lot.

Especially this season. We already know a 6th man is going to be needed. What's that worth? Our season could be derailed by offensive line injuries. But at least we can say they didn't pay 7M for a backup lineman. Does that make sense?

Adreme

Reaction score
Meltdown? I’ve been saying this for months. The failure to properly address the line will destroy this season…FACT.
I do not disagree but that will come later. Right now the line is still the same one that beat the Giants last year and the rest of the positions improved. They are not going to be able to get past the problem that is 49ers and Eagles because of the OLine but against the tier 3 and 4 teams of the NFC they will be fine.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So Rookies should never be trained to play a position? Didn't you say in another thread that Torrence could have been trained to inside zone block? Isn't he a Rookie?

I'm so confused by this position. Help me understand, when is it okay to train a rookie?
Im confused too since i never said it.

The point was they felt rookies could do a better job

Gambit

Reaction score
Im confused too since i never said it.

The point was they felt rookies could do a better job
Didn't say what exactly?

And you feel the rookie Torrence can do better, so not sure where the problem lies with you here.

Is it simply because they didn't draft the player you wanted?