Twitter: Jerry: "We are closer than those championship game zeroes show"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They changed the rule because of the call. It is what it is. Can’t blame refs and officials for making a call within the existing rules .

Honestly with 4th down and possession on the line I’d of preferred Dez just going down for the 1st down. Then we could have ran more time off the clock scoring a TD. Otherwise we give the ball right back to Rodgers with ample time left.
The initial call had Dez make completion and go down at the 1 yard line. Then they changed the call to a no-catch. A year later, the NFL admitted the officials got it wrong. Everyone knew at the time that it was a catch.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The initial call had Dez make completion and go down at the 1 yard line. Then they changed the call to a no-catch. A year later, the NFL admitted the officials got it wrong. Everyone knew at the time that it was a catch.
I understand but the call was over turned which is part of officiating. We all thought it was a catch. But officially it wasn’t.

It is what it is. Glad it changed the rules. But to say it cost us the game isn’t totally accurate. It cost us an opportunity to take the lead with about 4 minutes left.

dckid

Reaction score
Ouch. Welcome back to training camp, Jerry.

It's always been a game of inches. That chasm of inches that prevented us from getting to a championship game over the past 26/27 years don't just show up on a bad call, bad execution but the overarching culture that forms the foundation of this organization.
There is a reason Jimmy could come in and excavate the organization in 89 and be in the SB 4 years later. These things are not just chance or good luck all the way through.
The hardest working always seem to get all the luck. I no longer judge this team on a binary measure, win the SB or we suck. This team has not earned to be judged like that over this past quarter century.
I really would like to see them win a divisional playoff game. Get to a championship game and try to compete for a SB berth. That would be progress.
This organization has been stuck in mediocrity between 7-9 wins is their sweet spot. Break up or break down

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I understand but the call was over turned which is part of officiating. We all thought it was a catch. But officially it wasn’t.

It is what it is. Glad it changed the rules. But to say it cost us the game isn’t totally accurate. It cost us an opportunity to take the lead with about 4 minutes left.
Correct. Who is to say our Defense wouldn't have stopped GB or held them to a field goal? Wouldn't that TD have put the Cowboys up by over a FG?

dckid

Reaction score
Yeah that was tough but it was also in 2014, there have been other opportunities since then. 2016,2018,last year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Officials robbed the Cowboys once again in 2016.
It is what it is. We were robbed 1967 in Ice Bowl. Super Bowl V, Super Bowl XIII. The list goes on. But we’ve had some go our way too like Hail Mary. Butchs SB XII catch.

When you don’t take care of business and leave the balance of the game up to an officials call it’s not always going to go your way.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It is what it is. We were robbed 1967 in Ice Bowl. Super Bowl V, Super Bowl XIII. The list goes on. But we’ve had some go our way too like Hail Mary. Butchs SB XII catch.

When you don’t take care of business and leave the balance of the game up to an officials call it’s not always going to go your way.
Understood, but my point is the NFL and officials always favor and help the Packers. It's been going on since the Ice Bowl through today. It's not right, hence why I call it for what it is. If people can't handle that fact, it's not my problem.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Understood, but my point is the NFL and officials always favor and help the Packers. It's been going on since the Ice Bowl through today. It's not right, hence why I call it for what it is. If people can't handle that fact, it's not my problem.
That’s a subjective argument. I do however believe that the more Elite talents are more likely to get the call in their favor. Much like we see in other sports.

Flamma

Reaction score

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how were we robbed in super bowl XIII? I'm honestly asking. I forgot. I thought we should have won Super Bowl X to tell you the truth. I thought Dallas was the better team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Here's the biggest problem with the Cowboys. We have a front office that does the same procedure every off season. This regardless if our QB is under a rookie deal. They didn't actively take advantage of that. That amateurish IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how were we robbed in super bowl XIII? I'm honestly asking. I forgot. I thought we should have won Super Bowl X to tell you the truth. I thought Dallas was the better team.
The officials getting in Charlie Waters way when Franco scampered in for a TD. And the Int call on Barnes.

And SB X was our worst SB team that era. We had miss playoffs year before. Totally rebuilding with our famous Dirty Dozen draft . Roger took the first Wild Card team to SB. Steelers were no doubt the better team. Amazing we had a shot in the end.

CoachD

Reaction score
This comment made by good ol Jerrah is targeted at ticket sales only. He likes to present the illusion that the team is "right there" and he does this every single year. How about put up or shut up because I would respect that a lot more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Understood, once again, but it doesn't mean it's right.
If you’re looking for justification , unfortunately not going to find it.

What is right? Ask the Oilers how they feel about Mike Renfroes TD catch that wasn’t called correctly which prevented them from a SB appearance against the Steelers. One which ultimately brought about Instant Replay.

Officiating is part of the game. If you leave up to them to make a call determining the outcome the human element is always in play.

terra

Reaction score
The officials getting in Charlie Waters way when Franco scampered in for a TD. And the Int call on Barnes.

And SB X was our worst SB team that era. We had miss playoffs year before. Totally rebuilding with our famous Dirty Dozen draft . Roger took the first Wild Card team to SB. Steelers were no doubt the better team. Amazing we had a shot in the end.
The Packers and Steelers got pretty much all the important calls. That is a fact.
Claiming there are not biased officials is to say officials are robots. Which of course they are not.
The Dez catch was the result of the overreaction to the megatron play originally.

The real problem is the NFL's inability to not leave well enough alone. They should have NEVER changed the catch rule in the first place; anyone with a brain knew that once they started to play with it it would get worse and worse. This talk about a football move is so absolutely idiotic.

They will never admit that they have been wrong on this for years; if they had the guts they would admit it and return the rule to what it was 20 years ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This comment made by good ol Jerrah is targeted at ticket sales only. He likes to present the illusion that the team is "right there" and he does this every single year. How about put up or shut up because I would respect that a lot more.
He’s not going to do that. He’s about hyping and promoting his label. Stringing us along is part of that.

terra

Reaction score
My real problem with the NFL besides the inherent stupidity is that they still refuse to have full time referees. If everyone else has to train year round; work year round they should to.