Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

keysersoze

Reaction score
I think that being able to pass the ball would help win championships. I know it's hard to keep up, but the QB's can only control the majority of the passing game which is only 1/4th (pass offense, rush offense, pass defense, rush defense) of the game. They are reliant on their teammates for the other 3/4ths of the game, so regardless of how good they play, they might not win. If they do their job well, they give more of a cushion for the other parts of the game, and vice versa if they do poorly.

Romo generally played his part well, and had the rest of the team letting him down, while Dak is currently doing his part quite poorly and the rest of the team hasn't been able to make up for his weaknesses.
Valid points. But let’s not forget Romo had had his share of poor plays and bad decisions as well. He’s not exempt from the blame. TO, Witten, Dez, Miles, Barber, Demarco all helped make up for Romo’s inadequacies as well. I don’t understand why people act as if Romo was Superman and the other 52 guys were JAGs. That is one of the biggest lies ever told

keysersoze

Reaction score
I see....

So when the Cowboys to make deep playoff runs with Romo you saddle him with the brunt of the blame.

Yet, we're all witnessing week after week of Dak's individual ineptitude and the apologetic is "but the Garrett...but Linehan....but the wide receiver group!"
We NEVER made a deep playoff run with Romo. And after each disappointing season of Romo’s ineptitude you guys assigned blame to everyone EXCEPT Romo. Just as you’re claiming we do for Dak. This is exactly the hypocrisy I’m speaking of.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
We are doomed, we have been doomed.
But we are doomed for another 10 to 12 years. At least.

Jazz the older I get the less I like hyperbole and overreaction but I think you're pretty close.

We all knew going into this year if Dak didn't come around the consequences would be devastating and it's heading that way. We are looking at a completely new coaching staff with a new implementation of philosophy on both sides of the ball. Even Sean McVeigh took a couple of years to turn it around with great talent, great coaching and a franchise quarterback.

Although that change will actually be welcomed, what is way worse than that is the quarterback position.

It's stuns me when I read Romo threads and the 5%ers just casually throw out, "Let's draft a real quarterback who can win big games..."

They are so utterly clueless. First they believe the QB does it all by himself, but much more than that there is ZERO guarantee we will find a franchise quarterback again for ten years. Ask Buffalo, or the Jets or the Browns, it took more than a decade for all of them. You can draft all the number ones you want but it means nothing if they aren't that guy and although we could win the lottery (like Romo), hope is not a strategy.

Also we now will have to revert to giving up to get in the draft and the price will be steep because we will have to get ahead of teams like the Giants. And even if the organization and coaching staff develops great talent but doesn't find the QB, we will always struggle - just ask the Jags.

We are in for a long slog and I believe Jerry will never see another NFC Championship game in his lifetime let alone a Super Bowl and if he's looking for someone to blame find the nearest mirror.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is probably accurate. I don't think Eli will get in, but it is possible, because the voting/voters are stupid and don't really think.

I don't think it's likely Romo gets in for the same reason (barring a come back - and it's possible after a long career in broadcast and/or coaching he could get in later). But as far has his play, he was absolutely HOF caliber.

As messed up as it is, Eli Manning’s last name is also going to be a factor that helps him possibly get in, if he does.

BigD_95

Reaction score
LMAO :lmao2:Gave is hope for what? Heartbreak and 8-8?

really? Have you watched the games? Romo didn't have an offensive line - RB - Defense most of his career.

Go look at the NFL history all time QB rating. Yea, That's Romo number 4 on that list.

Guy is probably the most underrated QB to ever play the game.

keysersoze

Reaction score
really? Have you watched the games? Romo didn't have an offensive line - RB - Defense most of his career.

Go look at the NFL history all time QB rating. Yea, That's Romo number 4 on that list.

Guy is probably the most underrated QB to ever play the game.
That’s a damn lie. Romo had a HOF WR. A HOF TE. He had pro bowl linemen. He had the leading franchise single season rusher. Our defense wasn’t great. But more than good enough to win. If we had a quarterback who wanted championships more than media attention. Do you not remember Tuna basically calling Romo a clown? Why do you people always lie to keep the Romo legends alive? Face it! Romo was not a Champion. Romo was not a winner with a killer instinct. He wasn’t what you claim he was. If he was he’d have at least a Super Bowl appearance. He was a stats monger. An elusive quarterback who made flashy plays now and then. But he was also a media ***** and a major risk taker who’s risks never panned out in the postseason.

blumayne38

Reaction score
That’s a damn lie. Romo had a HOF WR. A HOF TE. He had pro bowl linemen. He had the leading franchise single season rusher. Our defense wasn’t great. But more than good enough to win. If we had a quarterback who wanted championships more than media attention. Do you not remember Tuna basically calling Romo a clown? Why do you people always lie to keep the Romo legends alive? Face it! Romo was not a Champion. Romo was not a winner with a killer instinct. He wasn’t what you claim he was. If he was he’d have at least a Super Bowl appearance. He was a stats monger. An elusive quarterback who made flashy plays now and then. But he was also a media ***** and a major risk taker who’s risks never panned out in the postseason.
He is also not what you claim he is

khiladi

Reaction score
Jazz the older I get the less I like hyperbole and overreaction but I think you're pretty close.

We all knew going into this year if Dak didn't come around the consequences would be devastating and it's heading that way. We are looking at a completely new coaching staff with a new implementation of philosophy on both sides of the ball. Even Sean McVeigh took a couple of years to turn it around with great talent, great coaching and a franchise quarterback.

Although that change will actually be welcomed, what is way worse than that is the quarterback position.

It's stuns me when I read Romo threads and the 5%ers just casually throw out, "Let's draft a real quarterback who can win big games..."

They are so utterly clueless. First they believe the QB does it all by himself, but much more than that there is ZERO guarantee we will find a franchise quarterback again for ten years. Ask Buffalo, or the Jets or the Browns, it took more than a decade for all of them. You can draft all the number ones you want but it means nothing if they aren't that guy and although we could win the lottery (like Romo), hope is not a strategy.

Also we now will have to revert to giving up to get in the draft and the price will be steep because we will have to get ahead of teams like the Giants. And even if the organization and coaching staff develops great talent but doesn't find the QB, we will always struggle - just ask the Jags.

We are in for a long slog and I believe Jerry will never see another NFC Championship game in his lifetime let alone a Super Bowl and if he's looking for someone to blame find the nearest mirror.

Sean McVay turned it around year 1.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Romo career playoff numbers 8 TD - 2 int QBR 93

Yea it’s his fault. Give me a break. You obviously have no clue. Yet you defend Dak who is absolutely horrible. Can’t make simple throws or simple reads.

kskboys

Reaction score
Eli is the 6th leading passer in NFL history and has 2 SB rings. The only doubt about whether he gets in the HOF is on this board. :muttley:
Not true. I've heard several talking heads speak of this in the negative.

uvaballa

Reaction score
JJ being JJ. They need to bring in a young QB to compete and make Dak improve or sit him.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo career playoff numbers 8 TD - 2 int QBR 93

Yea it’s his fault. Give me a break. You obviously have no clue. Yet you defend Dak who is absolutely horrible. Can’t make simple throws or simple reads.
Aha!!! Fantasy football stats again. What’s the wins/losses? That’s all that matters. Apparently him throwing the ball so much didn’t secure wins.
Look. Honestly I’m getting tired of debating this with you Lames. We have 2 Super Bowl winning MVP quarterbacks. Neither one of them had gaudy passing stats. Because they were true leaders who did whatever it took to win. Romo was mainly concerned with his personal stats and it shows. You fools cry about what Romo didn’t have. But realistically we had better overall teams than some of the SB champions in that timeframe. Those excuses are tired and useless.
Grow up! Big passing numbers have never equated to Super Bowl wins. NEVER!!! Romo’s stats disguise his slow starts and multiple mental mistakes. Use your brain instead of your emotions for a second. If Romo was so dominant he wouldn’t need to pass so often because we’d be milking clocks with the run instead. I don’t know if you’ve seen him play or if your memory is bad. But has rarely dominated good teams and always had the luxury of big receivers who broke tackles for YAC. He got his *** handed to him many times, just as Dak is now. But the difference is you all blamed everyone else. Now Dez is sayin the same things TO said over a decade ago. But I guess they are both lying on Romo because they’re hating on him right? LMAO. You clowns are ridiculous.