Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We NEVER made a deep playoff run with Romo. And after each disappointing season of Romo’s ineptitude you guys assigned blame to everyone EXCEPT Romo. Just as you’re claiming we do for Dak. This is exactly the hypocrisy I’m speaking of.

I was typing on my phone and left out the word *failed. As in 'failed to make a deep playoff run..."

That said, how did Romo fail in the passing game?

THE issue with Dak is literally his ability to pass the football as an starting NFL-caliber QB.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Jerry truly believes this, if he truly believes that Dak is the future, then the only logical conclusion he should then reach is Dak needs a new offensive coaching staff, including the head coach.

Does anyone actually think he believes that?

keysersoze

Reaction score
I was typing on my phone and left out the word *failed. As in 'failed to make a deep playoff run..."

That said, how did Romo fail in the passing game?

THE issue with Dak is literally his ability to pass the football as an starting NFL-caliber QB.
Romo failed as a quarterback and leader. Not sure if you played football or not. Not sure how old you are. Because you seem to be kinda young and all about stats. But quarterbacking is about much more than tossing the ball around. If not Danny White would be a HOF Quarterback. Ya know?

Sydla

Reaction score
Romo failed as a quarterback and leader. Not sure if you played football or not. Not sure how old you are. Because you seem to be kinda young and all about stats. But quarterbacking is about much more than tossing the ball around. If not Danny White would be a HOF Quarterback. Ya know?

Curious.

Examples of where Romo failed as a leader?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry truly believes this, if he truly believes that Dak is the future, then the only logical conclusion he should then reach is Dak needs a new offensive coaching staff, including the head coach.

Does anyone actually think he believes that?
Jones believes (virtually) all his football operations related decisions are logical. He believed a rookie quarterback could led his franchise to a Super Bowl, which is why he agreed with the decision of making Prescott the permanent starter in 2016. Logically, that level of confidence was Jones' endorsement of Prescott as his new franchise quarterback.

In my opinion, however, Jones has not decided offensive coaching changes are necessary at this stage. It will not surprise me if Jones' waits to see either how the entire season plays out or if the team endures a five-to-six game losing streak, which may or may not include the roster mutinying from his head coach.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jones believes (virtually) all his football operations related decisions are logical. He believed a rookie quarterback could led his franchise to a Super Bowl, which is why he agreed with the decision of making Prescott the permanent starter in 2016. Logically, that level of confidence was Jones' endorsement of Prescott as his new franchise quarterback.

In my opinion, however, Jones has not decided offensive coaching changes are necessary at this stage. It will not surprise me if Jones' waits to see either how the entire season plays out or if the team endures a five-to-six game losing streak, which may or may not include the roster mutinying from his head coach.

While the start we have had sucks and the trends don't look good going forward, no one can deny the last 11 games are going to be very interesting both on and off the field.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Curious.

Examples of where Romo failed as a leader?
No deep play off runs. Only meager wildcard wins.

Curious.

Examples of success as a TEAM LEADER? Not personal stats leader. But TEAM LEADERSHIP

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry said similar things about Wade, Dez, and TO before sending them packing. He's got confidence in everyone until the minute he doesn't.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While the start we have had sucks and the trends don't look good going forward, no one can deny the last 11 games are going to be very interesting both on and off the field.
Agreed. Personally, I do not see Jerry Jones deviating from being Jerry Jones but he has surprised me in the past. Rarely but occasionally.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
That’s a damn lie. Romo had a HOF WR. A HOF TE. He had pro bowl linemen. He had the leading franchise single season rusher. Our defense wasn’t great. But more than good enough to win. If we had a quarterback who wanted championships more than media attention. Do you not remember Tuna basically calling Romo a clown? Why do you people always lie to keep the Romo legends alive? Face it! Romo was not a Champion. Romo was not a winner with a killer instinct. He wasn’t what you claim he was. If he was he’d have at least a Super Bowl appearance. He was a stats monger. An elusive quarterback who made flashy plays now and then. But he was also a media ***** and a major risk taker who’s risks never panned out in the postseason.

Yup your right . It's all Romo's fault that the Dez catch was overturned .

And what does Romo have anything to do with the fact you keep defending Dak's nasty play .

keysersoze

Reaction score
Yup your right . It's all Romo's fault that the Dez catch was overturned .

And what does Romo have anything to do with the fact you keep defending Dak's nasty play .
Hahahahaha. You chose one play out of all the postseason failures as an example? Ok. Let’s play. What about the Minnesota game? Oh yeah. I forgot. That debacle was because of the Oline. Right? Funny how that excuse is invalid when talking about Dak. LMAO. Clowns belong in a circus. Please stop the bs

BigD_95

Reaction score
Aha!!! Fantasy football stats again. What’s the wins/losses? That’s all that matters. Apparently him throwing the ball so much didn’t secure wins.
Look. Honestly I’m getting tired of debating this with you Lames. We have 2 Super Bowl winning MVP quarterbacks. Neither one of them had gaudy passing stats. Because they were true leaders who did whatever it took to win. Romo was mainly concerned with his personal stats and it shows. You fools cry about what Romo didn’t have. But realistically we had better overall teams than some of the SB champions in that timeframe. Those excuses are tired and useless.
Grow up! Big passing numbers have never equated to Super Bowl wins. NEVER!!! Romo’s stats disguise his slow starts and multiple mental mistakes. Use your brain instead of your emotions for a second. If Romo was so dominant he wouldn’t need to pass so often because we’d be milking clocks with the run instead. I don’t know if you’ve seen him play or if your memory is bad. But has rarely dominated good teams and always had the luxury of big receivers who broke tackles for YAC. He got his *** handed to him many times, just as Dak is now. But the difference is you all blamed everyone else. Now Dez is sayin the same things TO said over a decade ago. But I guess they are both lying on Romo because they’re hating on him right? LMAO. You clowns are ridiculous.

You might be the most blind person I had a conversation with. We were losing games after scoring 35 points because the defense sucked.

Here read this and learn something. The guy was something special.

101.6: In the 11 years that have elapsed since Romo threw his first NFL pass, 69 quarterbacks have thrown at least 100 passes in the fourth quarter of one-score games. Only one of those 69 quarterbacks has a triple-digit passer rating in those situations. It’s Romo at 101.6, Peyton Manning at 99.9 and then Aaron Rodgers at 98.9.

7.9: Only two qualified quarterbacks in modern NFL history — Steve Young and Russell Wilson — have a higher career yards-per-attempt average than Romo’s rate of 7.9.

97.2: He’s the fourth-highest-rated passer in NFL history, behind only Rodgers (104.1), Wilson (99.6) and Tom Brady (97.2).

2.12: Among quarterbacks with at least 100 career starts, only four — Rodgers, Brady, Young and Manning — have higher touchdown-to-interception ratios than Romo’s mark of 2.12.

65.3: Romo finished his career with a completion percentage of 65.3, which was identical to Peyton Manning’s career rate. Only two quarterbacks — Chad Pennington and Kurt Warner — have walked away with higher completion percentages, and Pennington should hardly register considering his 7.2 yards-per-attempt average.

109.9: In games played during the final month of the season since 2010, Romo’s 109.9 passer rating is by far the highest. No other quarterback has a rating above 103.8 between Week 14 and Week 17 this decade

614: And although he was never viewed as a “winner,” Romo’s .614 career winning percentage is the 10th highest among 56 quarterbacks with 100-plus career starts. It’s also the highest winning percentage among the 12 undrafted quarterbacks who have made more than 60 career starts.

24: Since Romo made his first start in 2006, he and the Manning brothers have 24 fourth-quarter comebacks apiece. Only Matthew Stafford (25) had more during that span.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry is going to win with Garrett and Dak or drop dead waiting for it to happen. All that's left is to decide how long you want to keep going along for the ride.

Personally, my days are getting numbered. I'm sick to death of Jerry Jones, and I don't care how much money he makes or the Cowboys Forbes value. He's turned a proud franchise into an internet meme and shows no signs of doing anything to change it. I'm already watching games mostly for the lolz now, something unimaginable back when Landry roamed the sidelines.

I used to get made and throw the controller across the room when we would lose back in the day...……..now I just LMAO:laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
I've been a Cowboy's fan for 39 years it's been good time's bad time. I hear fans that want change I say why?. Listen to some of the stuff that comes out of Steven and Jerry mouth. I can tell how the next coach of the Dallas Cowboys will be picked. Jerry will get a bottle of favorite alcoholic beverage and head over to has old pal Larry Lancewel. that's how we got Monte Kiffin. The biggest problem with this team is the one that will never change. How can you evaluate talent when you don't now what it look's like. Dak is not a franchise QB. You want change and so do I. But real change starts at the top so all we can do is hope

True but that doesn't mean I don't want anything to change.. ever. Makes no sense. Jerry owns the team so the best we can hope for is a quality coach who doesn't look completely lost on game day. The teams problems can at least be masked a little with some smarter game day coaching. Jerry sucks but the issues run deeper.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
giphy.gif
:lmao::lmao2::(

keysersoze

Reaction score
You might be the most blind person I had a conversation with. We were losing games after scoring 35 points because the defense sucked.

101.6: In the 11 years that have elapsed since Romo threw his first NFL pass, 69 quarterbacks have thrown at least 100 passes in the fourth quarter of one-score games. Only one of those 69 quarterbacks has a triple-digit passer rating in those situations. It’s Romo at 101.6, Peyton Manning at 99.9 and then Aaron Rodgers at 98.9.

7.9: Only two qualified quarterbacks in modern NFL history — Steve Young and Russell Wilson — have a higher career yards-per-attempt average than Romo’s rate of 7.9.

97.2: He’s the fourth-highest-rated passer in NFL history, behind only Rodgers (104.1), Wilson (99.6) and Tom Brady (97.2).

2.12: Among quarterbacks with at least 100 career starts, only four — Rodgers, Brady, Young and Manning — have higher touchdown-to-interception ratios than Romo’s mark of 2.12.

65.3: Romo finished his career with a completion percentage of 65.3, which was identical to Peyton Manning’s career rate. Only two quarterbacks — Chad Pennington and Kurt Warner — have walked away with higher completion percentages, and Pennington should hardly register considering his 7.2 yards-per-attempt average.

109.9: In games played during the final month of the season since 2010, Romo’s 109.9 passer rating is by far the highest. No other quarterback has a rating above 103.8 between Week 14 and Week 17 this decade

614: And although he was never viewed as a “winner,” Romo’s .614 career winning percentage is the 10th highest among 56 quarterbacks with 100-plus career starts. It’s also the highest winning percentage among the 12 undrafted quarterbacks who have made more than 60 career starts.

24: Since Romo made his first start in 2006, he and the Manning brothers have 24 fourth-quarter comebacks apiece. Only Matthew Stafford (25) had more during that span.
Ahhhh..... More stats. No championships tho. Like I said. He’s the regular season Beast. And a poodle in the postseason.
Thank you for your fantasy football analysis tho.

Gator88

Reaction score
Hahahahaha. You chose one play out of all the postseason failures as an example? Ok. Let’s play. What about the Minnesota game? Oh yeah. I forgot. That debacle was because of the Oline. Right? Funny how that excuse is invalid when talking about Dak. LMAO. Clowns belong in a circus. Please stop the bs
:lmao:blaming Romo for the Minnesota loss. Imagine if there both tackles were Chaz Green in the Atlanta game and that's how that game went.

aria

Reaction score

You left a few out

-The Cowboys played the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Wild Card playoff round on January 6, 2007. With the Cowboys trailing 21–20 on fourth-and-one with 1:19 left in the game, the Cowboys attempted a 19-yard field goal. Romo, the holder for the kick, fumbled the snap. He recovered the ball and attempted to run it in, but was tackled short of the first down marker, and turned the ball over on the Seattle 2-yard line. The Cowboys went on to lose the game.

-In the Cowboys' January 13, 2008, divisional playoff game against the New York Giants, Romo was unable to lead his team to a come-from-behind victory. On fourth down with less than half a minute and no timeouts left, Romo threw the ball into the end zone, but it was intercepted by Giants cornerback R. W. McQuarters, ensuring that the Cowboys were eliminated from the playoffs with a 21-17 loss to the eventual Super Bowl XLII champions.

-In what became a de facto third playoff game for Romo shortly prior to its start, on December 28, Romo and the Cowboys failed to compete against the Philadelphia Eagles in a 44–6 loss.[31] Romo committed three turnovers in the game and went 21/39 for 183 yards and no touchdowns.[32] The loss dropped Romo's combined record in December to 5–8 and again raised questions about his performance in games of consequence.[2]

-Romo had a 104.9 passer rating in a 34–14 win of the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round of the playoffs, earning the first play-off win in 13 years for the Cowboys, and his own first career post-season win.

However, the following week in the NFC Division Round against the number two seed Minnesota Vikings, Romo had three fumbles (losing two), an interception and was sacked six times in the 34–3 loss.

-Dallas and the Washington Commanders had a two-way tie of 8–6 records atop the NFC East, and faced each other in Week 17 for the NFC East title, which Dallas lost, 28–18. With overall 20-for-37 passing, Romo threw a total of three interceptions, including on Dallas' first two drives. With 5:50 left and down 21–10, Romo made a touchdown pass to Kevin Ogletree and two-point conversion pass to Dwayne Harris. After Dallas took over with 3:33 left down 21–18, Romo threw an interception to Commanders linebacker Rob Jackson, and Washington clinched the victory with another touchdown.[45]

Following the season, the future of Romo's career was called into question. Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram commented: "Tony Romo has one year remaining on his contract, but the time has come for him to move on...He will be 33 in April of '13, and still has a few good years left but at this point he needs to go to another team that needs a quarterback."[46] In a Fox Sports Southwest interview, Rick Gosselin of The Dallas Morning News also called Romo "not wired to win the last game of the season" especially "**** means extending the season."[47] Dan Graziano of ESPNDallas.com wrote that Romo's "record starts to become very hard to defend" due to "the oft-cited fact that he's got just the one playoff win in his entire career."[48]