Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Stephen is more clueless than his Daddy. Part of Dak's game is running. They're trying to change him into something he's not.
Exactly, and JG did same thing to Tony, he was a scrambling roll out type QB, and they forced him to be a pocket passer,
and the beating started. Tony never got sacked until they made him stay in the pocket.

Now they want to make Dak a pocket passer, and they dont even teach him how to throw the ball properly lol
or use pass routes that make sense, 6 second routes and dak sacked in 3 seconds, doesnt make sense.
They dont use the middle of the field, it is all sideline stuff which is harder to throw and execute.

It is hard to watch, thats why even SAS and other football people are speaking out, it is even hard for them to watch.
That is bad when cowboys haters, even say man this is hard to watch the cowboys be this bad.

And with the jones boys running the show, you never know what might happen next lol it really is a circus.

stinkface

Reaction score
I like DAK, but he's not an NFL QB. Not sure exactly what he is, but its not an NFL QB. Passing accurately is job 1 for a QB. Dak just doesn't have that skill set. Not his fault, God made him that way.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well Jerry if you believe that then give him the tools and support he needs - starting with a seasoned QB coach and an actual OC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry really wanted to go after Manziel and he was stopped.
There again if Jerry really wanted Manziel he would have taken him.

That was to appease the critics who thought we needed to draft Romo’s heir apparent and Jerry said on draft morning he had no intention until Romo was done.

The Manziel rhetoric was simply for hype in case Johnny worked out after passing on him.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Stephen is more clueless than his Daddy. Part of Dak's game is running. They're trying to change him into something he's not.
I could say the same thing about every cowboy player since 2000.
it takes more than a elite QB to win championships, nfc titles, SB's.
Rodgers is considered elite, but in all the years after winning that one year, with a very good team and coaches, he has not won another
nfc title or been back to the SB much less win it.
It takes a good overall team, usually a good defense too, and good coaching to win a afc or nfc title and get to a SB.
Also the winners usually have players step up and make great plays, and not just the QB.

In Romo's 2nd year playing he got stuck with JG as OC then later as HC/OC, then HC only, but to me that killed the cowboys
chances of a title, and Romo's career.

I think if Parcells had just stayed one more year, the cowboys and Romo would have got to and won the 2007 SB.
Valid points. Glad to see someone on here being realistic at all times. See, the problem is that these Romo Riders always claim he carried the team all by his lonesome and the other 52 players were all bums. So that’s why I point out that Romo never carried the team anywhere at any time. They rose and fell together. Then these same people will try to flip the script and say “ Romo would’ve won 10 Super Bowls if he had this or that”. That’s a very contradictory statement when they’re trying to portray Romo as some kind of super hero that was slighted. It’s my honest opinion that Romo was a good quarterback but a below average Team Leader who lacked killer instinct and a will to win. But he racked up stats and was exciting to watch. Unfortunately that’s not enough for me to crown him. To me he’s Danny White 2.0

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Leading the team to Championships. That’s what it looks like. Let me set you straight here.
Romo has never come close to a championship. An NFC East title, yep. But that’s worthless if you’re one and done in the postseason. Your argument would hold a little weight if Romo would’ve led the team deep into the postseason and other teammates didn’t step up. I’d respect that a little more. But if Romo was close to being the guy you all claim he was then he’d definitely be good enough to advance to the NFC championship game while as you all say “carrying the team on his back”... See, that’s what ELITE QUARTERBACKS do. They defy all oddd and circumstances to make a tough fight when the season is on the line. They don’t fold under pressure and go all Willy Nilly, losing control and focus. Romo simply was not a winner. He was above average but in my opinion lacked the mental toughness and fortitude to elevate the team to a higher level. You Simpletons can sit there and relish a bunch of meaningless statistics. But his 2-4 record in the postseason is the only stat I care about. If he was a champion the personal stats would matter (ala Emmitt Smith). But unfortunately he’s not. So while those numbers look good for him and him alone. His impact on the team in terms of winning is null and void. He’s simply not a winner. He’s a good quarterback. Just not a champion.

What a load of trash, lol.

You do know outside of 92 Super Bowl run his postseason numbers are meager?

Of course you don’t.

When Emmitt carried the offense and James Washington was intercepting passes in 1994 while Aikman was putting a Dak-like Super Bowl performance (207 yards, 0 TDs/1 INT) that was just really Aikman “defying the odds” wasn’t it?

It’s a team effort. End of story.

Get outta here with nonsense.

Last edited:

keysersoze

Reaction score

Of course you don’t.
That’s my point Lame. Champions sacrifice personal stats to contribute in other ways to win. You know? Like sticking with a run play on 3rd and one instead of audibling into a pass play to make yourself look like a hero. Champions who play team sports understand that they have to make sacrifices to win. It’s not all about them. Elway for example was a better quarterback than Romo could dream of being. Realized that in order to become a champion he had to set his pride aside and allow Davis to dominate in order to win. That’s what winners do. By all means necessary.

Legend

Reaction score

Of course you don’t.

When Emmitt carried the offense and James Washington was intercepting passes in 1994 while Aikman was putting a Dak-like Super Bowl performance (207 yards, 0 TDs/1 INT) that was just really Aikman “defying the odds” wasn’t it?

It’s a team effort. End of story.

Get outta here with nonsense.
Aikman was still suffering from concussion related symptoms in that game.

Thus, the Cowboys trailed 13-7 at the half.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Again my problem with dak is that he doesn't seem to be improving. His second year he struggled, this is the year he was supposed to adjust back. He still has time but again its troubling.

I want dak to succeed, i think he's a good guy. However i don't want to give him a big contract if he can't turn this thing around. Granted he's still young, but we wasted the years of Romo, Witten and Dez. This team still has a solid oline, a great rb, and and up and coming defense. I don't want to waste the potential again. Start over with a young qb if you have to and win Super Bowls 2-3 years from now.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Aikman was still suffering from concussion related symptoms in that game.

Thus, the Cowboys trailed 13-7 at the half.
Exactly!!! Troy knew he couldn’t shoulder the load so he did his job of moving the chains while Emmitt and the defense dominated. Romo’s silly *** would’ve forced 80 interceptions in a horrible loss and everyone would’ve blamed anyone but him. You know this is true too. These simpletons don’t know what it means to be a champion. A winner with a killer instinct. They only care about personal stats. Not Team Championships.

Legend

Reaction score
Again my problem with dak is that he doesn't seem to be improving. His second year he struggled, this is the year he was supposed to adjust back. He still has time but again its troubling.

I want dak to succeed, i think he's a good guy. However i don't want to give him a big contract if he can't turn this thing around. Granted he's still young, but we wasted the years of Romo, Witten and Dez. This team still has a solid oline, a great rb, and and up and coming defense. I don't want to waste the potential again. Start over with a young qb if you have to and win Super Bowls 2-3 years from now.

You have to upgrade talent or add some receiving and safety weapons immediately for next season if you want the Cowboys to strive to play in a NFC Championship game like the one below... The team below was the youngest in the entire NFL.

keysersoze

Reaction score

Agreed.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Valid points. Glad to see someone on here being realistic at all times. See, the problem is that these Romo Riders always claim he carried the team all by his lonesome and the other 52 players were all bums. So that’s why I point out that Romo never carried the team anywhere at any time. They rose and fell together. Then these same people will try to flip the script and say “ Romo would’ve won 10 Super Bowls if he had this or that”. That’s a very contradictory statement when they’re trying to portray Romo as some kind of super hero that was slighted. It’s my honest opinion that Romo was a good quarterback but a below average Team Leader who lacked killer instinct and a will to win. But he racked up stats and was exciting to watch. Unfortunately that’s not enough for me to crown him. To me he’s Danny White 2.0
Well you did say it was your opinion; to which I respect but also I absolutely vehemently disagree with it. I did have my problems with Romo and he was nowhere near perfect. But he was put in situations due to be bad coaching and bad management. There is a reason why Payton wanted him and Jerry wasn't stupid. He just surrounded Romo with the worst possible coaching for him. I never agreed that Romo was a bad leader. I never agreed that he lacked a killer instinct or a will to win. He did everything anyone could with Garrett and co. I don't even think, Brees, Brady, or Rodgers succeeds with Garrett. Not to say Romo would if he was actually in one of those organizations instead of Dallas. I saw him put his body on the line for years and I saw him lead his team the best way he could.

As for me, I don't ever see Dak being as good as Romo. I hope to be wrong but I doubt it

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That’s my point Lame. Champions sacrifice personal stats to contribute in other ways to win. You know? Like sticking with a run play on 3rd and one instead of audibling into a pass play to make yourself look like a hero. Champions who play team sports understand that they have to make sacrifices to win. It’s not all about them. Elway for example was a better quarterback than Romo could dream of being. Realized that in order to become a champion he had to set his pride aside and allow Davis to dominate in order to win. That’s what winners do. By all means necessary.

My gosh you are sincerely daft, smh.

Aikman didn’t “sacrifice personal stats,” he had a poor game and his teammates happened to pick him and the rest of the team in other contributing aspects of the game.

You’re laughingly trying to look back on his performance like it was all part of the plan.

Legend

Reaction score

Aikman didn’t “sacrifice personal stats,” he had a poor game and his teammates happened to pick him and the rest of the team in other contributing aspects of the game.

You’re laughingly trying to look back on his performance like it was all part of the plan.

Jimmy Johnson played to the Cowboys strengths. He did not care about padding his QB’s stats.

The Bills had the #5 best D but ranked in the 20s for run defense. Likewise, their pass D was excellent.

So Jimmy attacked the Bills weakness with the below drive that put the game away.

Run > Run > Run > Run > Run > Run > (RB goes to sideline for a breather) Pass > Run for TD

keysersoze

Reaction score

It was part of the plan, Simple Man. He was concussed and didn’t force things to make himself look like a hero. You seriously don’t think Jimmy planned that ?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Well you did say it was your opinion; to which I respect but also I absolutely vehemently disagree with it. I did have my problems with Romo and he was nowhere near perfect. But he was put in situations due to be bad coaching and bad management. There is a reason why Payton wanted him and Jerry wasn't stupid. He just surrounded Romo with the worst possible coaching for him. I never agreed that Romo was a bad leader. I never agreed that he lacked a killer instinct or a will to win. He did everything anyone could with Garrett and co. I don't even think, Brees, Brady, or Rodgers succeeds with Garrett. Not to say Romo would if he was actually in one of those organizations instead of Dallas. I saw him put his body on the line for years and I saw him lead his team the best way he could.

As for me, I don't ever see Dak being as good as Romo. I hope to be wrong but I doubt it
Your opinion is respected. But 2 wildcard wins isn’t carrying a team anywhere. That’s very meager in my opinion. But hey!! Some people are impressed with stats and whatnot. I’m impressed by Championships performances.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jerrah the clown has just guaranteed another 10 plus years of mediocrity. If he locks up Dak for franchise QB money then turn the lights out.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I could say the same thing about every cowboy player since 2000.
it takes more than a elite QB to win championships, nfc titles, SB's.
Rodgers is considered elite, but in all the years after winning that one year, with a very good team and coaches, he has not won another
nfc title or been back to the SB much less win it.
It takes a good overall team, usually a good defense too, and good coaching to win a afc or nfc title and get to a SB.
Also the winners usually have players step up and make great plays, and not just the QB.

In Romo's 2nd year playing he got stuck with JG as OC then later as HC/OC, then HC only, but to me that killed the cowboys
chances of a title, and Romo's career.

I think if Parcells had just stayed one more year, the cowboys and Romo would have got to and won the 2007 SB.

Certainly possible. I believe that’s the best Cowboys team since the mid 90’s. There would have been no Mexico during the bye week with Parcells around. That team had talent they just needed discipline.