Twitter: Jerry: We have potential to be Super Bowl contender

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walker Blue is good....:thumbup:
Got one of those 4 packs with Red, Black, Gold and Blue years back and I didn't get the difference but that could have been just me. I liked the Black the best after doing the blind test but that was also my blend brand at the time and that could have influenced that. Most of the tasting reports I've read on scotch and bourbon blind tests, the more expensive one, aged longer, doesn't win the majority of the time. Single barrels don't beat out blends.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some people would rather just complain to keep up the status quo. If they let a Jerry thread go by without complaining about it, even though everything he said is true, they will look like they like him.

Complaining about other fans seems to be status quo.

I miss the days when the owner of the Cowboys didn't feel the need to do radio shows, sharing his every thought and going on about something the team hasn't accomplished in over two decades (all under his watch).

Win something this century then do the media circuit. Until then, shut up Jerry.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yes Jerry we should be ....... Unfortunately you have a junior varsity Coach coaching this team because he always says "yes sir" to anyone with the last name Jones.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Know what Mike Zimmer said when asked about one of his players? "He has to play better". That was it. He also addressed his team about playing a game within 7 days and being banged up and summarized that with "no one cares".

Booger has often made excuses for players, primarily because he picked them and it is a reflection on him, when he should have been leaving that part of the job to his HC. If you saw All or Nothing when he was addressing "poor baby Zeke's" trials and tribulations you could see a problem when you looked at the coaches faces because the message was "back off Zeke" even though he showed up not in shape.

The most entertaining HC we could have, if Garrett is gone which I do not expect, would be the Pirate, Mike Leach. After a lackluster performance of his Cougars, he called the players "fat, entitled and lazy" in his postgame and a different team took the field the following game.

Almost every HC will cover for his players but only to a point, Booger goes beyond that point. I wonder what would happen if he'd stop the enabler routine and call the team out for under performance? Just once I would like to see him take that demeanor after a loss all the way and blast the team and channel his ticket buyers with "is this what I'm paying for"?

Got some posters here that do the same thing every time they blame performance on the coaches. That has become all too easy when execution should be what's critiqued. Every play called is with the assumption that every player will execute his assignment.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of fans feel like you do, including me. I'm beyond being sick and tired of his big mouth.
And it's not getting less, he is getting worse and has to have something almost every day. Booger's self importance is at an all time high.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
There was a year that Jerry didn’t think he was a super bowl contender or at least one piece away

cern

Reaction score
don't know about scotch, but more expensive tequilas are vastly superior to cheaper ones. a deleon Leona is the finest tequila ever.

JayFord

Reaction score
You have the roster to get there but you dont have the coaches

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Here's what the Twitter deal thingy should've read, and it would be accurate..

"The Dallas Cowboys have the potential to be a Super Bowl Contender, AS SOON as I , Jerry Jones , sell the team and the Jones' family is COMPLETELY removed from the team and site, offices, etc. Then, the NEW owner , GM, and NEW coach come in and clean house. Then, just then, will the Cowboys be a Super Contender again. But, not until then"

CWR

Reaction score
People will find fault no matter what JJ says. Nothing in that tweet is incorrect.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Complaining about other fans seems to be status quo.

I miss the days when the owner of the Cowboys didn't feel the need to do radio shows, sharing his every thought and going on about something the team hasn't accomplished in over two decades (all under his watch).

Win something this century then do the media circuit. Until then, shut up Jerry.

He owns the team. He can do whatever the hell he wants. If you really don't like it you have 2 options. 1 quit listening and watching the team. 2 go buy the team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what the Twitter deal thingy should've read, and it would be accurate..

"The Dallas Cowboys have the potential to be a Super Bowl Contender, AS SOON as I , Jerry Jones , sell the team and the Jones' family is COMPLETELY removed from the team and site, offices, etc. Then, the NEW owner , GM, and NEW coach come in and clean house. Then, just then, will the Cowboys be a Super Contender again. But, not until then"
Professor-Charles-Xavier-professor-charles-francis-xavier-28939827-360-315.jpg

I can make this happen but my asking price is a cure for baldness.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He owns the team. He can do whatever the hell he wants. If you really don't like it you have 2 options. 1 quit listening and watching the team. 2 go buy the team.
Option 3, watch the team and avoid exposure to him.

starman22

Reaction score

Or, you can make your thoughts known by typing them into a Dallas Cowboys message board. It seems like it was almost why it was created. Good and bad.

Look, you may not agree with the posters that are always negative, but when you go this many years without making it back to the big dance, people are going to complain. Especially when Jerry says some version of this every year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Option 4: Complain on CowboysZone.com, alleviate personal stress, and prevent an aneurysm.