Video: Jerry: We have two head coaches now

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Just because of the agony he caused all of Cowboys Nation all these years to serve his ego, part of me really wishes he never wins a SB.

When one counts the list of worst things that happened to the Dallas Cowboys, this guy comes on the top.

Knowing what I know now, I'd give up two SBs trophies for my team to stay competitive all these 27 years, reach few SBs, CCs. Better than seeing it reduced to a laughing stock...

:cool:

LysleE

Reaction score
As one poster so eloquently put it: “dysfunction junction”, what an apt characterization!
The Jones’ boys have to know they sound like idiots pontificating on issues they know nothing about, nor how to solve.
Dallas is going to be a disaster for years to come…maybe the 3rd generation of Jones’ will get it right…

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
How do you think we managed to retain Q? I'm sure this was a conversation between the staff before Moore walked. Q gets more power, Mike gets to offload Kellen and take control of the offense. Not sure I agree with it, but at least everyone knows their roles.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Aaaaaah man you can’t say that Jerry sheeeeesh.
I doubt it bothers McCarthy. He knows Quinn is in complete control of the defense, including what players he wants us to bring in. McCarthy has always been the head coach of the offense.

Ussdelavan

Reaction score
(3:10 mark). Interesting comment. With McCarthy going all in on the offense (Jerry's words), it seems Jerry now views McCarthy as the head coach of the offense and Quinn as the head coach of the defense. Also, found it interesting when getting questions about Kellen, he pivoted to Quinn. His eyes also lit up when he got a question about Quinn being able to attract defensive free agents.

Anyways, if you want to get a clear view of the scatterbrained approach of the this front office I suggest watching the entire video. The man is all over the place. I'm convinced this change on offense is a last ditch effort to salvage Mike McCarthy but Quinn is here to takeover if/when McCarthy slips up.

Again, 28 years of failure by Jerry. Anything from his mouth is not worth listening to. One exception, if says I am selling the boys or utters the word retirement!

Brooksey

Reaction score
I didn't take it like that at all, he clearly says MM is the head coach and that he made this move with Kellen to help Dak.
He referred to having two head coaches meaning one will coordinate the offense and one will coordinate the defense, but said MM is the head coach.
Nothing to see on that front.

I found his interesting points were about Zeke, Tyron, Peters and Jalen Tolbert.

visionary

Reaction score
I didn't take it like that at all, he clearly says MM is the head coach and that he made this move with Kellen to help Dak.
He referred to having two head coaches meaning one will coordinate the offense and one will coordinate the defense, but said MM is the head coach.
Nothing to see on that front.

I found his interesting points were about Zeke, Tyron, Peters and Jalen Tolbert.
Cowboys fans have made a career out of ignoring the obvious

You’re not the first

_sturt_

Reaction score
(3:10 mark). Interesting comment. With McCarthy going all in on the offense (Jerry's words), it seems Jerry now views McCarthy as the head coach of the offense and Quinn as the head coach of the defense. Also, found it interesting when getting questions about Kellen, he pivoted to Quinn. His eyes also lit up when he got a question about Quinn being able to attract defensive free agents.

Anyways, if you want to get a clear view of the scatterbrained approach of the this front office I suggest watching the entire video. The man is all over the place. I'm convinced this change on offense is a last ditch effort to salvage Mike McCarthy but Quinn is here to takeover if/when McCarthy slips up.

I find the subject header disingenuous.

Yes. He said those words. But context can be important. Was he saying the team is being led by co-head coaches, as was the inference (at least the one I took)?

Nah. It was that the team has two guys who have been full-on NFL head coaches... there's no suggestion that Mike isn't still the grand poobah.

That said, I anticipate Jerry's age and coherence is going to be an increasing issue, no kidding, and no insult intended. It's just how it works for so many. Not going to call him out for that. The Cowboys are ours, but they really aren't. They're the Jones family's property. And that family needs to come together and have a plan for how they're going to transition more explicitly from Jerry being the final word to Jerry handing that authority once and for all to Stephen. Not saying Jerry's too incoherent already to continue, but that time is nearer than anyone, especially Jerry, is going to want to admit. There just needs to be a plan, with some milestones, how ever they want to frame it, and when a milestone arrives, there's some new increment of transition that occurs.