Video: Jerry: We have two head coaches now

DandyDon52

Reaction score
lol always good to have bright orange on your camouflage hat ??
jerry says he is satisfied with the last 3 years and job mm has done lol.
So that means he is satisfied with losing wc game last year, and div round game this year.
He is satisfied and proud they beat TB and brady.
He is satisfied with dak and daks future
He is satisfied with zeke, and said zeke did more than the stats say he did lol.
They now have 3 HC's , dan mike and jerry.
He said he has changed many times over the last 30 years as gm, so it isnt the same ol same ol......lol

He is excited about the future, and says he will go all in if it feels right, but otherwise he probably wont lol.

Man it is always entertaining with the Arkansas hillbilly's running this team and doing / saying crazy stuff.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
drunk-gifs-4.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(3:10 mark). Interesting comment. With McCarthy going all in on the offense (Jerry's words), it seems Jerry now views McCarthy as the head coach of the offense and Quinn as the head coach of the defense. Also, found it interesting when getting questions about Kellen, he pivoted to Quinn. His eyes also lit up when he got a question about Quinn being able to attract defensive free agents.

Anyways, if you want to get a clear view of the scatterbrained approach of the this front office I suggest watching the entire video. The man is all over the place. I'm convinced this change on offense is a last ditch effort to salvage Mike McCarthy but Quinn is here to takeover if/when McCarthy slips up.

Jerry speak decoded:

Dan Quinn was a Head Coach previously. Kellen Moore was not at Dan Quinn's level as a coordinator because Quinn was previously a Head Coach and Kellen Moore was not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
(3:10 mark). Interesting comment. With McCarthy going all in on the offense (Jerry's words), it seems Jerry now views McCarthy as the head coach of the offense and Quinn as the head coach of the defense. Also, found it interesting when getting questions about Kellen, he pivoted to Quinn. His eyes also lit up when he got a question about Quinn being able to attract defensive free agents.

Anyways, if you want to get a clear view of the scatterbrained approach of the this front office I suggest watching the entire video. The man is all over the place. I'm convinced this change on offense is a last ditch effort to salvage Mike McCarthy but Quinn is here to takeover if/when McCarthy slips up.

So, Quinn is head coach of the defense and Big Mike is head coach of the offense.

Ok, I guess that can work:huh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How do you think we managed to retain Q? I'm sure this was a conversation between the staff before Moore walked. Q gets more power, Mike gets to offload Kellen and take control of the offense. Not sure I agree with it, but at least everyone knows their roles.
Good point.

plasticman

Reaction score
Folks, there is nothing new about this and the precedent sends us an ominous message:

Jerry Jones had the same approach with Wade Phillips when he was HC.

Those of us who were around remember that Wade Obillips had no DC. Jerry assigned that duty to Wade.

In order to "help out", Jerry had the OC, Jason Garrett, report directly to him. Wade was given no information as far as the gameplan.

In 2010, the concept destroyed a Cowboys team that should have been on the verge of contention. Wade was fired after starting 1-7. He was replaced by Jason Garrett.

Typically, when a team has "two HC's" it translates to no HC's.

However, consider the 2010 season:

When your HC is also the DC and the OC reports directly to the owner then you have both coordinators reporting to the same person.....what is the typical title of the person these two coordinators report to?

When the Packers destroyed the Cowboys in 2010 on their way to winning the Super Bowl at AT&T, we were left with a confused and stuttering Jerry Jones who promised two "get to the bottom" of their poor season. I had to laugh at the irony of it all.

Later, the following season, it was claimed that Jerry Jones was stepping back and distributing more authority to others, mostly Stephen. However, Jerry can't control his narcistic personality. As soon as the Cowboys were on the verge of success, once again, here comes Jerry to soak up the credit

No, the Cowboys will not have two HC's. They will have one, not so cleverly disguised, Jerry Jones.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We truly are in the lost age of Cowboys football. Will it ever get better? I have my doubts.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I currently work for a company that has co-presidents. Lets just say that company direction is not very clear.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is why I say it goes beyond the QB and the coach. We've already changed those pieces out to the same result. What organization has seen success where the owner is the GM and does things like this? What company has two CEOs? What team has two head coaches?

kevm3

Reaction score
Isn't that how Jerry had it when Wade and Garrett were here?
This is why our team is never on the same page. It's usually one side doing awesome and one side doing awful. You need a head coach to unify everything. This is pretty much Jerry handing the keys over to Quinn if we don't do anything next year. especially since Payton is off the market

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

You can only have one leader.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is why our team is never on the same page. It's usually one side doing awesome and one side doing awful. You need a head coach to unify everything. This is pretty much Jerry handing the keys over to Quinn if we don't do anything next year. especially since Payton is off the market
Could be why the 1985 Bears only had one chip.
Ditka was the HC, but the defense all looked to Buddy Ryan as the main man.
They even carried him off the field after they won the SB.