Video: Jerry: We have two head coaches now

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect Jerry is making that "dual HC" crazy talk with the idea of keeping Dan Quinn happily content about remaining with the team. :grin:

Of course, Danny is receiving pay considerately appropriate to a head coach, so there's that to keep him satisfied, as well. Not a bad idea.

Last edited:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I find the subject header disingenuous.

Yes. He said those words. But context can be important. Was he saying the team is being led by co-head coaches, as was the inference (at least the one I took)?

Nah. It was that the team has two guys who have been full-on NFL head coaches... there's no suggestion that Mike isn't still the grand poobah.

That said, I anticipate Jerry's age and coherence is going to be an increasing issue, no kidding, and no insult intended. It's just how it works for so many. Not going to call him out for that. The Cowboys are ours, but they really aren't. They're the Jones family's property. And that family needs to come together and have a plan for how they're going to transition more explicitly from Jerry being the final word to Jerry handing that authority once and for all to Stephen. Not saying Jerry's too incoherent already to continue, but that time is nearer than anyone, especially Jerry, is going to want to admit. There just needs to be a plan, with some milestones, how ever they want to frame it, and when a milestone arrives, there's some new increment of transition that occurs.
I agree completely. Good post.

Surfguy

Reaction score
i-dont-get-it-clueless.gif

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Did Jerry just stumble out of a deer blind to take this interview?

Hell.
So, lemme get this straight -- Jerry's saying MM is 1/2 of a HC and Quinn's another half? H-m-m, bet they're both delighted. :muttley:
It's like Jerry's half of a FO and Stephen's the other half -- how'd that work out, anyway?! Looks like history repeats itself . . . :grin:

Jerry speak decoded:

Dan Quinn was a Head Coach previously. Kellen Moore was not at Dan Quinn's level as a coordinator because Quinn was previously a Head Coach and Kellen Moore was not.
This is why I say it goes beyond the QB and the coach. We've already changed those pieces out to the same result. What organization has seen success where the owner is the GM and does things like this? What company has two CEOs? What team has two head coaches?

Cowboys fans have made a career out of ignoring the obvious

You’re not the first

We truly are in the lost age of Cowboys football. Will it ever get better? I have my doubts.

I agree completely. Good post.
It's his team and he wants to make sure everybody knows that. He wants to make sure we all understand that. And that the buck starts with him. And we better not forget it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's his team and he wants to make sure everybody knows that. He wants to make sure we all understand that. And that the buck starts with him. And we better not forget it.
Okay, just not sure if you're a spokesman or a critic but I'll assume you're being sarcastic and if so, congrats and hats off! :grin:

visionary

Reaction score
Please share more of your wisdom
We are not worthy