Jerry "We want Dak. That's that. The improvement [from 2023] demonstrated to me that there is more."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jerral Wayne: "Who in the world wouldn't think that we aren't working on it?"

Tell it to your quarterback. He said he has not heard anything new about the negotiations.
Working on it and the two parties not talking can both happen at the same time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Jones way of negotiating is telling the world what your intentions are.

It’s as if they think they will get some sort of discount for sounding loyal.

They are truly awful at all of it. Depressing.

stiletto

Reaction score
Actions > Words
^^ THIS.

Either they are playing some kind of weird hardball that will negatively affect this franchise for another 5 years or they are just about ready to move on in reality. Making Dak play on basically another franchise tag is NOT really a ringing endorsement of how much they want to keep him. We'll see.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Load up on the defense? we had one of the best defenses in the NFL last year by any measuring stick. The days of having the 85 bears or 2000 Ravens defense are over. The rules dont allow it, and many of you just refuse to accept it.
That defense looked incredible against GB in the playoffs, and against the 49ers earlier in the year, and against the Seahawks, and against the Cardinals, and against the Bills. They dominated poor teams just like Dak.

Btw, my comment about loading up on the defense, OLine, and RB was a sarcastic poke at Dak remaining our QB. In other words, do everything possible to take the ball out of Dak's hands where we aren't relying on him to win big games.

Brax

Reaction score
Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Jones family suite, first half of the GB game. Probably sounded like Yosimite Sam in free fall.
You couldn’t post it here it’s a family friendly site

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm telling you. Dak's not the problem here. He's just one of the symptoms. The real problem is Jerry and Stephen. We're never winning anything as long as those two are in charge. We'll have the same problems with the next qb and it will continue.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Dak hater here: I've said that these proclamations about Dak's demise are premature. Jerry is going to sign him...our only hope is that he gets injured and/or Trey Lance outplays him. Other than that longshot, Dak will be our starter for at least another 2-3 years. How we do know this? Dak has all the leverage not to sign a deal unless it gives him years...as many as he wants. It's the position Aaron Rodgers was in when he won MVP but tanked in the playoffs...he extended his time with GB for another 2 years by squeezing the team with leverage.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak hater here: I've said that these proclamations about Dak's demise are premature. Jerry is going to sign him...our only hope is that he gets injured and/or Trey Lance outplays him. Other than that longshot, Dak will be our starter for at least another 2-3 years. How we do know this? Dak has all the leverage not to sign a deal unless it gives him years...as many as he wants. It's the position Aaron Rodgers was in when he won MVP but tanked in the playoffs...he extended his time with GB for another 2 years by squeezing the team with leverage.
And of course the club could not learn from their and other's mistakes and are destined to do the same thing. Seems like Dak is not the only one you hate.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Who knew Jerry was a cheerleader? Seems like he's spearheading a pep rally for Dak.
Will this make him a happy camper? H-m-m. Maybe Dak's agent has the answer! :flagwave:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

As much as I've been talking about them moving on from Dak, that was more prediction than demand based on the complete lack of any real free agent pickups so far.

Dak did show me improvement last year in some things. Better touch with the ball. Better placement. The kind of thing lots of veteran QBs develop.

Could he make it over the hump and become a money player? Maybe. He does keep improving, and it looks like the ankle is finally better.

Romo said the game just flipped for him in the back half of 2013. Slowed down and got easy. Then he had MVP level play in 2014.

Maybe the light flips on for Dak. And he's just less physically beat up than Tony was. Probably not. But maybe.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The issue is that a lot of the players that made Dak comfortable in 2023 aren’t there anymore
And we've done nothing to replace them.

Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, Gallup.

Tyron was 2nd Team All Pro last year.
We'll be worse at LT, LG, C this year. Better at RT.