Twitter: Jerry: We're going all in for 2024, still believes in Dak

b0xZZ

Reaction score
[Jones translator] "The extension will get done but y'all keep talking about it and stirring up public opinion. <wink wink> GO COWBOYS!"
Yep, this is Jerry's way of keeping the Cowboys relevant in the media. He's recently admitted as much.

If he had a brain though, let Dak play out his final year at 59 million, extend and restructure other high salary guys and let's see what happens. We might actually be 100% free of Dak after next season with no cap ramifications for a new coach if that happens.

khiladi

Reaction score
Defense was lights out in those games if I’m not mistaken
It was lights out with Dak, when he was throwing a record-leading picks and when he choked the play-offs away against SF. They intentionally played conservative with Rush and he didn’t even have any real reps with the first team in the off-season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The scary thing for Cowboy fans is Jerry probably does still believe in Dak. Daks done! He isn't even going to the pro bowl.
It would not surprise me one but if Dak just suddenly retires. He is set for life financially.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wait till we hit the championship game next year and the majority of people here will flip flop like the Dak poles after every game and think he's the next coming of Aikman

Then insert the mouth breathers that think since (x) quarterback made it further into the playoffs then (x) quarterback he's automatically makes him better lolz

Forum will explode
Oh....you mean winning actually gives fans satisfaction and excitement? Weird how that works.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry has a full blown train wreck on his hands.
That's the message.
And someone will ultimately pay for it. It just won’t be him or his kid. They get a raise and continue to pretend they’re not the problem!

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.03e9ef94fd7558598f8b01ede3fcdd87

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Throughout decades, Jerry Jones' promises have de-escalated into a joke that most here aren't nearly satisfied with. His promises have been found to be less than something to cling to. At the Senior Bowl lately, he's promised to be "all in" for the offseason yet to become active. I'm looking at it with much skepticism until there's valid proof of said promises to be extremely convincing. I think all Cowboys fans should, as well.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry's all in every year, that's the problem. A GM absolutely must always have an eye on the future.

Creeper

Reaction score
"Going all in", the most meaning phrase in football when it comes out of Jerry's mouth.

When free agency starts, and he is sitting on his hands for the first 2 weeks, we will know going all in to him is signing 12 free agents to 1 years vet minimum contracts.

John813

Reaction score
Yep, this is Jerry's way of keeping the Cowboys relevant in the media. He's recently admitted as much.

If he had a brain though, let Dak play out his final year at 59 million, extend and restructure other high salary guys and let's see what happens. We might actually be 100% free of Dak after next season with no cap ramifications for a new coach if that happens.

36mil dead cap in 2025 if they let him walk and don't restructure his deal for any savings in 2024.
There will be "cap pain" in 2025 if traded or let become an UFA.
If they did that I expect a QB drafted this year to at least be another option for 2025 opening day