Twitter: Jerry's disregard for the position of Head Coach

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As frustrating as it is to watch a once storied franchise go through 26 years of failure, the constant blame on a long succession of head coaches has never had any merit in Dallas. It's what the lazy do. It's what the misinformed do.

This is a direct quote from Jerry's Senior Bowl interview.

That quote should disgust you. It should make you angry. It doesn't matter what you think of Mike McCarthy. You don’t do that to your head coach.

All these many years later and the egomaniacal owner still doesn't have any respect whatsoever for the position of head coach. Every head coach after Jimmy has not only been put in a position to fail being saddled with no real front office but also in a thorough undressing of any head coach authority. You're not the voice of the team. You don't control your own locker room. You don't decide who's on the field and who isn't. You don't even control your own staff meetings during the week and the players have a direct path around you to your boss if they have any issue with what you're doing.

So you don't have anyone to get you the right players and don't have any ability to coach the team you're given as you see fit.

Now get out there and win us a Championship, "coach"!

This and only this is the real problem with the Dallas Cowboys. From the mid 90's to the present day. If you're wasting even a second of your time criticizing Mike McCarthy or a coordinator you are nothing more than a zombie in Jerry's fan mob. You're doing his bidding for him. He wants fans like you.

You can judge our head coach under these circumstances if you want. As if it's a level playing field with the rest of the league. I can not. I know better. The winning head coach of the Super Bowl every year had and will continue to have a much easier path to their Championship than a head coach in Dallas under Jerry Jones will ever have.

He turns 80 this year and that is the only positive that will come from 2022.

Cowboys!

So tell me other than the uniforms, what is it you like about this franchise. And this is a serious question. Because people don’t like the owner, they don’t like the coach. They don’t like the Quarterback.. So what is it that this franchise entices us with

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I wish we knew for a fact that someday someone other than a braindead Jones would be GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem isnt your prediction that the Cowboys will draft a guard. The facepalm is for your belief that somehow that will make a difference.
Thank you for the clarification. And I agree. Until we get a true GM and the owner steps down nothing will change. There’s no accountability to the players. And that’s sad

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have wasted so many first round draft picks trying to make one or two players a little bit better. Then what they really are capable of. We re-sign players out of loyalty. Rather than trading them for more higher draft picks. When you continue drafting in the middle round. You’re only going to be a middle team.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t follow other teams, but is Jerry the only one that talks like this. It’s becoming almost unbearable.
Yes I believe so, I don’t even think we hear from other owners. Unless there being criticized for something.

elcowboi

Reaction score
I still don't expect much from this team as long as he's in charge.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve been a fan for almost 60 years. Other than the star in what it represents in my mind I don’t know what entices me about the Franchise, my military days. All you could watch was the Cowboys. Captain America. Bob Lilly. A few other Mr. Cowboys. I guess I’ll always be a sucker

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m upset about this. I mean I wanted him to drop McCarthy for Payton last week but this is a step to far. I hope big mike quits in disgust.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Jerry really interested in how many friends he has. Benny is winning a championship. How many players have we resigned rather than traded for a higher draft pick. Draft in the middle rounds. You’re a middle round team . Look at the teams going to the playoffs Super Bowl, how young they are today.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I doubt I’ll remember it because all your posts are a race to the bottom so I try to forget them if I happen to read them by mistake
You’re very seldom discuss real football. You usually just bashing one or two players. I don’t really expect you to remember anything with content. But again thank you for playing

visionary

Reaction score
I’m upset about this. I mean I wanted him to drop McCarthy for Payton last week but this is a step to far. I hope big mike quits in disgust.

LOL, that’s the issue that when you hire spineless people who are in it for the money then self respect is out the window (just think back to Garrett)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Mike McCarthy had an ounce of dignity he would have his letter of resignation on Jerry's desk today.

That's what I was going to say. If I was the coach and already pretty rich and heard this from JJ, I would tell him to get screwed and walk out on him.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Everything about this team reflects the kind of man Jerry Jones is.

We are an undisciplined team with a culture of glitz and glamour. Even our home field is a circus joke.

Plankton

Reaction score
Stephen only in his 50s though

59f601cb25e08905f96da94f_HTTP2FrLWhkbC5idXp6ZmVkLmNvbS9zdGF0aWMvZW5oYW5jZWQvd2ViZHIwNi8yMDEzLzcvMjkvMTMvYW5pZ2lmX2VuaGFuY2VkLWJ1enotMTIxNzgtMTM3NTExODA4Ny03LmdpZgloglog.gif

Mannix

Reaction score
As frustrating as it is to watch a once storied franchise go through 26 years of failure, the constant blame on a long succession of head coaches has never had any merit in Dallas. It's what the lazy do. It's what the misinformed do.

That quote should disgust you. It should make you angry. It doesn't matter what you think of Mike McCarthy. You don’t do that to your head coach.

All these many years later and the egomaniacal owner still doesn't have any respect whatsoever for the position of head coach. Every head coach after Jimmy has not only been put in a position to fail being saddled with no real front office but also in a thorough undressing of any head coach authority. You're not the voice of the team. You don't control your own locker room. You don't decide who's on the field and who isn't. You don't even control your own staff meetings during the week and the players have a direct path around you to your boss if they have any issue with what you're doing.

So you don't have anyone to get you the right players and don't have any ability to coach the team you're given as you see fit.

This and only this is the real problem with the Dallas Cowboys. From the mid 90's to the present day. If you're wasting even a second of your time criticizing Mike McCarthy or a coordinator you are nothing more than a zombie in Jerry's fan mob. You're doing his bidding for him. He wants fans like you.

You can judge our head coach under these circumstances if you want. As if it's a level playing field with the rest of the league. I can not. I know better. The winning head coach of the Super Bowl every year had and will continue to have a much easier path to their Championship than a head coach in Dallas under Jerry Jones will ever have.

Cowboys!

You know what...I NEVER stick up for Booger....but SCREW Corky....he screwed over Booger by telling a bald faced lie to him in order to secure the job....and it ultimately screwed over us for being stuck with him. I said it up front, that Booger DID NOT and WILL NOT ever forget the press conference in which Corky admitted the lie.....the same press conference BTW that earned Stephen the moniker Chuckles for continually scaring listeners with a forced clown killer laugh.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know what...I NEVER stick up for Booger....but SCREW Corky....he screwed over Booger by telling a bald faced lie to him in order to secure the job....and it ultimately screwed over us for being stuck with him. I said it up front, that Booger DID NOT and WILL NOT forget the press conference in which Corky admitted the lie.....the same press conference BTW that earned Stephen the moniker Chuckles for continually scaring listeners with a forced clown killer laugh.

What was the lie? I must have missed that.

Big_D

Reaction score
The clown show just continues. No coach is saving the team from the owner's stupidity!

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys!

This is a quote of an egomaniac.:facepalm::angry: