Jerry's drunken interview

CATCH17;3347249 said:
What about when your a billionaire? I think getting hammered with Jerry would still qualify in the category of cool.

Cool for who? you are Jerry? I'm not opposed to drinking but when you are in the public eye as Jerry is I think how you conduct yourself in public is important.
 
Doomsday101;3347244 said:
Not shocked but not willing to go threw all the pages to see.
It wouldn't matter if you saw every one of them. We have already been assured that it is about the balance of comments as if they are in some sort of imaginary Internet scales designed to expose Internet fallacies.

I consider that one of the dumbest things ever uttered, but it was.
 
Doomsday101;3347253 said:
Cool for who? you are Jerry? I'm not opposed to drinking but when you are in the public eye as Jerry is I think how you conduct yourself in public is important.

I think your right but to what extent? He wasn't being rude or anything like that. Just BS'ing a little and having a good time.
 
Hostile;3347258 said:
It wouldn't matter if you saw every one of them. We have already been assured that it is about the balance of comments as if they are in some sort of imaginary Internet scales designed to expose Internet fallacies.

I consider that one of the dumbest things ever uttered, but it was.

So it could be looked at as in the eye of the beholder? :laugh1:
 
Doomsday101;3347244 said:
Not shocked but not willing to go threw all the pages to see.

I said it in page 15 i think. I think Jerry Jones the GM, Owner is a huge reason we win or don’t win Super Bowls. Not all that extreme of a statement in my opinion. His comments prove to me he does not get it as a GM or Owner.
 
Hostile;3347258 said:
It wouldn't matter if you saw every one of them. We have already been assured that it is about the balance of comments as if they are in some sort of imaginary Internet scales designed to expose Internet fallacies.

I consider that one of the dumbest things ever uttered, but it was.
 
bbgun;3347266 said:
I consider that one of the dumbest things ever uttered, but it was.
It had to be that dumb in order to adequately describe the useless tripe that spawned it.
 
Jerry is the biggest reason this team went over a dozen years with no playoff wins.

And being drunk and dumb like this is what caused the final blow in Jimmy leaving in March of '94.

Our ******* owner never learns. He's always put himself above the team and at least he admits it when he's drunk.
 
Big Dakota;3347091 said:
I wonder if he truely believes he needed to hire Bill to get the stadium?

retro-spin. He needed to hire somebody tough enough to save him from himself and his 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons, his terrible trades and his terrible drafts. If Parcells hadn't fixed this moribund team, Jerry wouldn't have had the implied requisite cache to build the stadium, it had nothing to do with Parcell's image as a non-yes man.
 
Everlastingxxx;3347264 said:
I said it in page 15 i think. I think Jerry Jones the GM, Owner is a huge reason we win or don’t win Super Bowls. Not all that extreme of a statement in my opinion. His comments prove to me he does not get it as a GM or Owner.

Well, I said one, maybe two people thought like this, so I'm still on track. Of course, you're still dwarfed by the "no big deal/Jerry was just being honest/Jerry was set up/everyone gets drunk" crowd.
 
CATCH17;3347262 said:
I think your right but to what extent? He wasn't being rude or anything like that. Just BS'ing a little and having a good time.

Let me ask you do you Jerry may be a bit embarrassed about this now that it is being shown? I just think when you are in a position like Jerry where you are in the public eye it matters how you conduct yourself. If he was throwing a party at his house and had friends over and carrying on like this that would be different.
 
Hostile;3347268 said:
It had to be that dumb in order to adequately describe the useless tripe that spawned it.

You're the same humble guy who PMed me yesterday, right? You must have had a midnight epiphany or something.
 
CanadianCowboysFan;3347224 said:
I gotta ask man, do you use those words every day or just here?

In fairness, it was someone else who first used the term "metaphysical" in this thread. I was just repeating him.
 
Everlastingxxx;3347264 said:
I said it in page 15 i think. I think Jerry Jones the GM, Owner is a huge reason we win or don’t win Super Bowls. Not all that extreme of a statement in my opinion. His comments prove to me he does not get it as a GM or Owner.

And his actions tell me he does get it when you are bringing in talent as we have done even without BP here and making sure top players are taken care of for the long term. That is the job of the GM to see to that and he has been doing just that.
 
Bach;3347270 said:
Jerry is the biggest reason this team went over a dozen years with no playoff wins.

And being drunk and dumb like this is what caused the final blow in Jimmy leaving in March of '94.

Our ******* owner never learns. He's always put himself above the team and at least he admits it when he's drunk.

Jerry is one of the biggest reason this team won three Super Bowls in the 1990s.
 
Bach;3347270 said:
Jerry is the biggest reason this team went over a dozen years with no playoff wins.

HoleInTheRoof;3347284 said:
Jerry is one of the biggest reason this team won three Super Bowls in the 1990s.


Both those statements are true.
 
Doomsday101;3347275 said:
Let me ask you do you Jerry may be a bit embarrassed about this now that it is being shown? I just think when you are in a position like Jerry where you are in the public eye it matters how you conduct yourself. If he was throwing a party at his house and had friends over and carrying on like this that would be different.

Hell yeah he is emberrassed but if you go around filming any individual while they are out like that than your going to get some emberassing stuff.
 
bbgun;3347277 said:
You're the same humble guy who PMed me yesterday, right? You must have had a midnight epiphany or something.
Nope. I still think Jerry is dead wrong.

I just also think your continuing witch hunt for your fellow fans is too.
 
CATCH17;3347292 said:
Hell yeah he is emberassed but if you go around filming any individual while they are out like that than your going to get some emberassing stuff.

Which is why you need to be careful when you are out in public.
 
HoleInTheRoof;3347284 said:
Jerry is one of the biggest reason this team won three Super Bowls in the 1990s.

I agree with this. However, if you're going to credit Jerry for the successes, you must also fault him for the failures.

The NFL is not static. Successful philosophies and approaches change over time. And Jerry had a very difficult time adjusting at the end of the 1990s and beginning of the 2000s.

This past season marked the greatest leap in progress I've seen in this team in over a decade. I only hope Jerry can maintain it. Unfortunately, this video has cast a cloud over that hope.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,019
Messages
14,657,545
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top