Jesse Holley knows better than you

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
And, I agree, it's bush of a player like Holley to bash the organization. It happens all the time, but Jesse is sort of a special case, since he was given a leg up through Michael, and sort of piggybacked on that to get a shot he otherwise would not have gotten.
Well I don't know about Twitter, but he now has a job as a postgame radio host, and he's paid to give his honest opinion on what he sees. That's one thing Troy is great at -- he gives his brutally honest opinion even if it doesn't paint a pretty picture about his former team or even his old pal Jason.

Nation

Reaction score
Most people are locked in on expensive seat licenses where just not showing up isn't really a financial answer

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I don't know about Twitter, but he now has a job as a postgame radio host, and he's paid to give his honest opinion on what he sees. That's one thing Troy is great at -- he gives his brutally honest opinion even if it doesn't paint a pretty picture about his former team or even his old pal Jason.

Yeah. Well, I suppose that's fair. I take it back, then. Twitter aside.

Wayne02

Reaction score

But that's just it, without Jerry, this guy would not have that job on the radio. Guys like Troy Aikman can bash the Cowboys all they want to and I wouldn't have a problem with it because they were good enough players that they could have played for any organization. This guy Holley is seriously bashing Jerry and the Cowboys and without them, he'd still be selling cell phones at a local mall. That's the difference.

erod

Reaction score
Is this the same Jesse Holley who started to celebrate at the 10-yard line and failed to score against the Niners?

He was an idiot.

anava

Reaction score
I don't know. It makes the fans feel good to hear former players criticize the team, but if their voice actually affected change within the org, I'd be all for it. As of now, I don't think it matters.

I dont think former players speaking up will affect Jerry to change anything in the organization. But if more players speak up, doubt they really will, but if they do it will affect the fans. And only that will make Jerry start to change some things.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
But that's just it, without Jerry, this guy would not have that job on the radio. Guys like Troy Aikman can bash the Cowboys all they want to and I wouldn't have a problem with it because they were good enough players that they could have played for any organization. This guy Holley is seriously bashing Jerry and the Cowboys and without them, he'd still be selling cell phones at a local mall. That's the difference.

So he shouldn't be honest now... But if he'd been born with more football talent, he could be. That makes no sense to me.

BTW, I thought he was the spare of all spares when he was here and hated the whole Fourth and Long concept.

links18

Reaction score
Jesse Holley is such a joke man. He is another failed athlete who's trying to make a name for himself on the radio by being a loud mouthed shock jock. I can't stand Jerry Jones, but Jesse Holley isn't the guy to criticize anybody from that Cowboy organization. If it wasn't for Jerry, he'd still be selling cell phones at a local mall.

Ironically, you just provided yet another indictment of Jerry.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Ironically, you just provided yet another indictment of Jerry.

I admit that Jerry is an idiot and that I can't stand the guy, but Jerry didn't GIVE me a spot on the Cowboys roster for a few years, so I'm in a position to say whatever I want about him without looking like a moron.

erod

Reaction score
That’s just an ad hominem. The usual lazy defense to negative Cowboy opinions.

That's not ad hominem at all.

It's the most tired, overused, unoriginal thought out there, right up there with "When is Jerry the owner going to fire Jerry the GM?"

Jesse, you're a million years late with that one.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
You really showed Jerry by switching that avi to a seahawks one. You got him real good there, you sure did.

links18

Reaction score
I admit that Jerry is an idiot and that I can't stand the guy, but Jerry didn't GIVE me a spot on the Cowboys roster for a few years, so I'm in a position to say whatever I want about him without looking like a moron.

Would it be better if Holley came out and said, "Jerry is an iditot for giving me a job in the first place." ? Would that give him the right to talk trash?

Wayne02

Reaction score
Would it be better if Holley came out and said, "Jerry is an iditot for giving me a job in the first place." ? Would that give him the right to talk trash?

It would be better if he not trash the guy who gave him a job. It would be like me, if I were a homeless guy, and then a billionaire came along and gave me a mansion that I did not deserve or earn, and then I turn around a few years later and trash that same billionaire for how he runs his business.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Ummm. This legitimizes it for me. Jesse is on a show on 105.3 the Fan in Dallas. He's actually pretty unbiased and I like him. I love that he's starting to speak up and to me he isn't bitter at all.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
You guys are seriously picky about who spreads the word about Jerry now? Do you want the word out on how awful he is or no? I don't care who says it as long as it's more of a common knowledge and the person speaking has ears that will listen. Kudos to Jesse for doing what he can for us.

links18

Reaction score
It would be better if he not trash the guy who gave him a job. It would be like me, if I were a homeless guy, and then a billionaire came along and gave me a mansion that I did not deserve or earn, and then I turn around a few years later and trash that same billionaire for how he runs his business.

So he shouldn't tell the truth?

Wayne02

Reaction score
So he shouldn't tell the truth?

What truth did he provide? He stated that Jerry only cares about making money, and doesn't care about winning. What owner doesn't care about making money? That's one of the reasons why they're in the business, to make money. Holley made a false statement about Jerry not caring about winning football games. I believe that Jerry wants to win, I just believe that he is incompetent as a GM to get the job done, but Jerry believes that he can get the job done. There is a difference between not wanting to win, and not being competent at your job to win. Jesse Holley is just trashing Jerry and the Cowboys so he can win over a few fans that hate Jerry without using common sense. The guy is in no position to trash JJ or the Cowboys organization, because without Jerry Jones, he would still be selling cell phones at a local mall. Period.