Adult Language Jesse Holley Patrick Crayton episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
According to Pro-football Reference the Cowboys had 6 players named all-pro. TO, Witten, Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis and Flozell Adams on offense and Demarcus Ware on defense.

7 other were selected to the pro-bowl, Ken Hamlin, Terence Newman, Tony Romo, Roy Williams (S), Nick Folk, Marion Barber, and Greg Ellis.

Of course making the pro-bowl is not the same as being named all pro but it still implies they were good players.

The Cowboys had a really good team that year. They seriously underachieved.
6 is a nice number! Thanks for looking it up.
2/3 of this year's team even

That WAS a very good all-around team, no doubt.

They should've taken out the future Super Bowl Champ Giants in 2007. The Pats beat them by 3 TDs earlier in the year, so I suspect they get toasted in the SB, but it would've been nice to get there.

Crayotn alone cost us 120+ yards and 2 TDs plus he muffed a punt
Take away half of that and we win easily.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Romo was propelled into a HOF after he retired. :laugh:
This place hasn't been able to get over Romo retiring.

This place can’t even get over their love affair for the current choker in charge. Piss poor playoff games who struggles when the pressure is on. They’re about to reward that guy with the richest contract in NFL history. And you expect this place to get over Romo?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This place can’t even get over their love affair for the current choker in charge. Piss poor playoff games who struggles when the pressure is on. They’re about to reward that guy with the richest contract in NFL history. And you expect this place to get over Romo?
I was a huge Romo fan when he was on the roster, he's not anymore. So naturally fans support the players that ARE currently on the roster. If they don't, that's a little sad and pathetic.
Thanks for proving my point!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
6 is a nice number! Thanks for looking it up.
2/3 of this year's team even

That WAS a very good all-around team, no doubt.

They should've taken out the future Super Bowl Champ Giants in 2007. The Pats beat them by 3 TDs earlier in the year, so I suspect they get toasted in the SB, but it would've been nice to get there.

Crayotn alone cost us 120+ yards and 2 TDs plus he muffed a punt
Take away half of that and we win easily.
That 2007 team was IMO our best shot to make the SB. Losing to that Giants team still makes no sense to me. I was so confident that we would win that game, I missed the 1st half just knowing the Cowboys were going to win anyway. I cant bring myself to watch the entire game replay. ive only seen bits and pieces of the 1st half.

Like you said, they probably get roasted by Brady and the Patriots in the SB but who cares at least we made it.

khiladi

Reaction score
What caught my attention is the 13 Cowboys that made all-pro in 2007. The Cowboys lost to the wild card team after a bye. This teams has been under-achieving since Jimmy left.
You are confusing pro-bowl which includes fan votes with all pro.

WR Terrell Owens (1st team) TE Jason Witten (1st team) OLB DeMarcus Ware (1st team) T Flozell Adams (2nd team) G Leonard Davis (2nd team)

Creeper

Reaction score
You are confusing pro-bowl which includes fan votes with all pro.

WR Terrell Owens (1st team) TE Jason Witten (1st team) OLB DeMarcus Ware (1st team) T Flozell Adams (2nd team) G Leonard Davis (2nd team)
Actually I was only repeating what Patrick Clayton said on the video. I looked it up and 6 Cowboys were all-Pro and 7 more made the pro-bowl. I it still an impressive number and a sign the Cowboys did underachieve that year.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Crayton got the football a lot. Way more than a crap WR like him deserved.
All WRs think they should get the football more.
And that historically disastrous 2007 playoff performance by Crayton was long before what they were talking about in this video.

As for Romo, well, it was his first full year starting. He was good, but he was much better by 2014.
What I said, stands true

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I explained that the last time you complained. :rolleyes: I give a heads up so no one gets benched and no I’m not a mod. I’m not the only one who mentioned it. I will continue to do it whether you like it or not. :thumbup:
Of course you will because you think you are being high-minded. Whatever...I asked you WHY you persist in being an unpaid hall monitor on a chat forum FULL OF ADULT MEN?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I was a huge Romo fan when he was on the roster, he's not anymore. So naturally fans support the players that ARE currently on the roster. If they don't, that's a little sad and pathetic.
Thanks for proving my point!
What point? I still support him. He’s the QB I want him to succeed and I’m one of the ones saying he’s getting his extension and he will be the QB. I haven’t wavered from that you can check my posts. Do I think he can get it done? No I don’t I think he’s a choker like the guy before him, but that doesn’t mean I don’t him too. I’ll gladly eat crow if he does. I’d be thrilled! Hell I’d self ban and not get the chance to celebrate for 30 days if he won it. I’d even invest in his gear if he did. I’m not one of the people who just hate the guy. I just don’t think he can get it done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course you will because you think you are being high-minded. Whatever...I asked you WHY you persist in being an unpaid hall monitor on a chat forum FULL OF ADULT MEN?
I’m beginning to think this forum is full of 12 year olds. If it bothers you so much put me on ignore. :thumbup:

Qcard

Reaction score
TWill was better than most of these guys here, but jesus he had some boneheaded plays, him not goin out of bound in that giants game lol.
But he had some crazy clutch catches.

Also its still just as funny as ever seeing the same posters praise/hate for one qb, to do the exact opposite for the other qb in the same criteria. Hypocrisy is a hell of a drug here lol.

Overall interesting info from Crayton, but man i still hate him for that playoff derp
Me too...my anger was focused on Crayton until Tony Romo gave up an pulled a Pre-Dak on the next play to end the game:laugh:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
yes.....loser. that's why as soon as Parcells left after being told by a hall of fame legend not to be a celebrity qb (obviously unless you win a ring) what does he do the very next year? Chase a famous celebrity like the loser that he is. I don't give a crap what you take serious. *** are you?
This is what I mean about Can't take you guys seriously, You or Bill Parcells ? Who is a better Judge of a player ? So let me get this straight you and your Miserable band Of haters

Know more than Bill ??????? Ok

V=

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This is what I mean about Can't take you guys seriously, You or Bill Parcells ? Who is a better Judge of a player ? So let me get this straight you and your Miserable band Of haters

Know more than Bill ??????? Ok

V=

Lol did you have time to cool off? I'm sorry for saying I don't give a crap what you think. I know thems fighting words where you're from.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Lol did you have time to cool off? I'm sorry for saying I don't give a crap what you think. I know thems fighting words where you're from.
Water under the Bridge my man ! Just so you know it wasn't that, it's was the other thing and I didn't say I'd fight, I said You would have the guts to say what you said if we were face to face.

Fighting would not be necessary. All Love Though

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Water under the Bridge my man ! Just so you know it wasn't that, it's was the other thing and I didn't say I'd fight, I said You would have the guts to say what you said if we were face to face.

Fighting would not be necessary. All Love Though
I said *** are you. Lol ok? I still don't get it. You're really an emotional man child. Not only would I say it I'd laugh at you. It's not all love either. You don't have that

Status
Not open for further replies.