Jets Cut Hunter

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I would agree. At the end of the day, Ralphie would still represent the best talent on the team, for FS, if he were to resign and play the position.

I can read the headlines now. "Charlie Tuna hoodwinks Jets, re-signs Hunter and gets 6th rounder to boot."
Yeah, except that we could have given that sixth back and gotten Jon McGraw with it. :cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Yeah, except that we could have given that sixth back and gotten Jon McGraw with it. :cool:

Well, that's a whole nuther steaming pile-o-crap LT. I agree, for what it's worth, but not much to be done about it now.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
WHAT IF we signed Hunter and Mickens, plus the 2007 pick. That would sting.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Maxmadden said:
WHAT IF we signed Hunter and Mickens, plus the 2007 pick. That would sting.

2 players they didn't want and a draft pick that probably doesn't even make the 53 man roster?

Yeah..... I'm sure they are crying about it.....

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
The Raiders need help at cornerback I wouldn't be suprised if they give Pete a look. I wish the guy much success and happiness in his pursuit to be a starting cornerback in this league.

marchetta

Reaction score
… Meanwhile, the Jets have released CB Pete Hunter, whom they had acquired from Dallas for another conditional pick this coming year. While many conditional picks have the condition that the player make the team’s opening day 53-man roster, the pick that the Cowboys had acquired from the Jets for Hunter was reported as a 6th rounder in 2007 which could escalate to a 5th rounder in 2006 depending on playing time; as such, figure Dallas will at least keep the original 6th rounder in 2007.

www.gbnreport.com

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
I think he screwed himself when he copped an attitude with Dallas. His career is done. So close and yet so far from success. Maybe he should realize that Parcells was doing him a favor keeping him to play safety. What a learning experience.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I think he'll get signed somewhere..as the camp injuries mount up.

What might also help is a sense that his cut was cap related..the Jets had to clear considerable monies to get the Law deal done , and better players than Pete were released or traded.

What Hunter won't get again, I suspect, is the interest shown him here as a draft pick...the developmental time and work with him. The concern and teaching.

He's going to have to go into some strange new camp and prove himself. With no one caring if he makes it or not.

That's what he "blew" here.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
What Hunter won't get again, I suspect, is the interest shown him here as a draft pick...the developmental time and work with him. The concern and teaching.

He's going to have to go into some strange new camp and prove himself. With no one caring if he makes it or not.

That's what he "blew" here.

Very good analysis, like most all of your posts. I still think his attitude will make him less desireable and only camp injuries will make a team look his way. Either way he better realize what he squandered.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Jets | Hunter Waived
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:15:06 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have waived CB Peter Hunter.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Guess we won't get that 5th round pick after all. Shoot. If he has his tail tucked between his legs, I'm sure the 'boys would consider taking him back.
I don't see why....he sucked all along...people just didn't want to accept it. He doesn't tackle well, so FS is not a good position for him. Frazier played much better CB than Pete.

fortdick

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I would sign him to play FS. What do we have to lose?

Forget him, we got Barieult, or is it Berriault, or, Bareitall, oh heck with it!

We got Justin now and we need to teach him to play FS!:D