Jets trade 6th overall and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sorry bud seems i hit a sensitive cord and taking look at your post photo pretty much verifies we have a difference in opinions when it come to Dak .
Now unless its in the forum rules that we cannot critic Dak expect my honest opinion and not having to share this sites managements personal point of views in order to be here.....Taking into consideration Dak's performance last season and his overall faults why would it be impossible for us to be looking for a franchise QB come next years draft?

If we are not bound by your own beliefs and views on the Boys and esp Dak i expect to be able to post freely my own.

You both posted an opinion(s) so we move on. There must be differing opinions otherwise might as well fold a boring site.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That gives the brat the Jets two first-round picks not one so they could get to really good players maybe not a quarterback they could also trade one of those pics for more pics and get some of those second-round back either way they're making some moves or trying to do something

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It's all about getting a QB and getting him on that cheap rookie contract. 3 second rounders isn't an unreasonable price to pay - the Commanders paid 3 firsts to move up from #6 to #2 in 2012.

Good move for Indy though. They'll still get a blue chip stud, plus 3 more seconds to reload a gutted roster.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jets gave the world but having a Franchise QB for any team is Priority no 1.
Was the price steep heck ya but in today's NFL nothing is a freebie and the prices are raising annually!
Very few teams have won a SB without a quality QB.....

vlad

Reaction score
Seems strange without knowing who Erik be there, unless they're fine with any one of 3 qbs. Too bad there wasn't a 3rd qb the year we drafted zeke, that would have been a nice haul

Rayman70

Reaction score
But I heard Manziel had really big feet and would grow another 3-4 inches

Mayfield was on his tippy toes to hit 6'1''........small hands.....smells like cabbage
HE KEPT ASKING FOR "ME GOLD." lol...now it all adds up.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jets traded three second round picks, two this year, one next year, to move from 6th to 3rd in the first round.

Im all about moving up in this draft but that is ridiculous, Indy scored
Thats what it cost you when you need franchise QB. The jets havent been able to solve the QB problem for a decade and swapping firsts and adding 3 2nd round players to get the most important player on the field isnt too much in my opinion. It would of been fine with me if Dallas did something similiar to grab Wentz instead of Elliott. I dont care how good Elliott is the most important guy is the QB!!

GMO415

Reaction score
Great! Take 5 QBs before Dal picks......more chance for us to get who we want.

Rayman70

Reaction score
one of those QB'S will free fall like a stone. I'm thinking Darnold. I predict Mayfield going 1 overall. Browns are desperate for a QB.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I thought Bridgewater had already signed with the Jets but apparently he has not yet done so officially.

They already have McCown, I wonder if he is getting cold feet. It will be hard to get much of a chance trying to split reps out like that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mayfield will need to mature and pick his battles when speaking to the media...but Johnny Football he is not,and that's a GREAT THING. Mayfield is a high IQ GUY....and its one thing to be supremely confident,but another to be a complete moron and have poor judgement off the field. Manziel is the latter. Mayfield,the former. I got no issue at all with Mayfield...he is a winner and student of the game. The polar opposite of Manziel. Those making rush comparisons are jumping the gun big time. Give the kid a chance at least.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Mayfield gives me Manziel vibes; not the good ones.

He is too short. He will not be brees or wilson. The only reason wilson didnt get destroyed by the media and fail was that defense. They got the ball back for them over and over while russell did nothing. He has grown into a great qb, but never would of made it with a bad defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I thought Bridgewater had already signed with the Jets but apparently he has not yet done so officially.

They already have McCown, I wonder if he is getting cold feet. It will be hard to get much of a chance trying to split reps out like that.
The Jets don't make this trade up and sell the farm unless they want Allen. Think in terms of logic if your the Jets. Do you make this trade to 3 if there's a 1% chance the guy you want at 3 wont be there? NOPE!! So here's what happened I feel..the Jets GM made some calls to the Giants and Cleveland..(1,2)...and got assurances on who they liked and were going to pick. GM'S are kindred spirits and they came to an understanding .Otherwise,this doesnt get done. Far from a expert,but MAYBE just maybe that scenario and convo took place. You would think so,right? Thoughts,opinions?