Jets trade 6th overall and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots!

Verdict

Reaction score
I am reading things about the fact their real target is Baker Mayfield.

If that is considered, this is not as bad of a risk. But I wouldn't have given up that many picks for him.

At the end of all of this, they were looking to make it harder on Buffalo to get ahead of them.
It is an interesting little chess game.

Baker Mayfield has the mental toughness to be a great pro QB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Jets could still trade with a team such as Dallas, and come out with a completely changed and upgraded team from there.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jets are out of their minds and the QB will likely suck anyway cause they shafted the rest of the team with this move.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’re desperate for a QB.

I fear we will be in the same position come the end of the next season....thanks Jets for raising the Bar full tilt!!!

Verdict

Reaction score
A lot of people hate him, but I like his attitude and I think he is much different in terms of his make up than Manziel, who I keep seeing people comparing him to.

He is nothing like Manziel. He will have a chip on his shoulder. Just like Time Brady.

I like Dak. No way he last until 19 but I would take him at #19 and not look back.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a big pile of BS but whatever. I expect nothing less from you more and more every day.

Sorry bud seems i hit a sensitive cord and taking look at your post photo pretty much verifies we have a difference in opinions when it come to Dak .
Now unless its in the forum rules that we cannot critic Dak expect my honest opinion and not having to share this sites managements personal point of views in order to be here.....Taking into consideration Dak's performance last season and his overall faults why would it be impossible for us to be looking for a franchise QB come next years draft?

If we are not bound by your own beliefs and views on the Boys and esp Dak i expect to be able to post freely my own.

Johnny23

Reaction score
if the browns take mayfield then this works out even better for the jets and terrible for Dallas. I really dont want darnold succeeding manning.
stop drinking the Darnold Kool-Aide, the guy is a turnover machine with poor decision making skills. He buckled against a team with NFL defensive linemen pressuring against Ohio State. And against Alabama he was brought in and snowed under again against guys who will be playing on Sundays for the net few yrs. You have to take everything a QB does in the Pac-12 and Big-12 with a grain of salt because they don't play defense. The guy has averaged a turnover a game for his career. I think he's a bigger risk then people put on and they get caught up in the Penn State Rose Bowl from two years ago in which both teams had underwhelming defense.

Verdict

Reaction score
stop drinking the Darnold Kool-Aide, the guy is a turnover machine with poor decision making skills. He buckled against a team with NFL defensive linemen pressuring against Ohio State. And against Alabama he was brought in and snowed under again against guys who will be playing on Sundays for the net few yrs. You have to take everything a QB does in the Pac-12 and Big-12 with a grain of salt because they don't play defense. The guy has averaged a turnover a game for his career. I think he's a bigger risk then people put on and they get caught up in the Penn State Rose Bowl from two years ago in which both teams had underwhelming defense.

Darnold has high bust potential. I think if Mayfield doesn't get hurt he will have a very successful career.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I can't decide about Darnold. He just seems like a bimbo at times and I can't shake it.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Darnold has high bust potential. I think if Mayfield doesn't get hurt he will have a very successful career.
agreed. Ohio State, Washington State were two of the hangs last season that showed some of Darnold's biggest flaws at QB. WSU isn't a high level defense but they really got after him and he struggled mightily and Bosa, and those boys as we know did a number on him. Darnold reminds me of Rex Grossman @ Florida. His last two seasons just a massive TO machine careless with the ball and poor awareness/command of the game. We all know how that played out in the NFL for Rex.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I can't decide about Darnold. He just seems like a bimbo at times and I can't shake it.
I felt the same until I saw the WSU this past season and the poor things I saw him do kept popping up. The biggest issue I have is the fumbling.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I cant understamd why so many of you are saying the Jets got fleeced. If they get Mayfield, they have a franchise qb for the next 10 years.

Here are the Jets last 5 second round picks:

Marcus Maye
Christian Hackenberg
Devin Smith
Jace Amaro
Geno Smith

Basically all Jags with the exception of Maye

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I cant understamd why so many of you are saying the Jets got fleeced. If they get Mayfield, they have a franchise qb for the next 10 years.

Here are the Jets last 5 second round picks:

Marcus Maye
Christian Hackenberg
Devin Smith
Jace Amaro
Geno Smith

Basically all Jags with the exception of Maye
JETS got bent over a barrel...... if it is all for Mayfield then it is 10x worse

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
JETS got bent over a barrel...... if it is all for Mayfield then it is 10x worse
Once again, if it lands them a Franchise QB, it was a good trade. You think the Eagles care about those picks they gave up for Wentz right now??