Twitter: JG: Rolando McClain Update

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...ndo-mcclain-begin-four-game-suspensions.html/

Im only guessing but maybe since Hardy is conduct related and McClain is substance abuse they are treated differently.

:clap::clap:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm confused. Is he referring to how he was during training camp or now? If it's now, I thought suspended players couldn't be at the facility. If it's not now, then how is this an update?

It varies. Between Hardy and RoMc one was allowed to be there while suspended and the other was not.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Same was said last year. He'll prove people wrong once again

Again? He came in as a headcase, the following offseason, he's suspended. McClain has always had talent, it's his off the field issues that caused issues. He hasn't proven a single person wrong.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why this guy is getting overlooked ...dude was a monster when right last year, sealed the Seattle win and played great. I can't wait to get him back. Him and Lee should be special.

McClain's instincts are what surprised me the most last season. I think I am more excited about Lee and McClain playing together than Hardy finally playing his first game. I think Lee and McClain could be a special linebacking duo.

I think the combination is going to be really great, if we can ever get them on the field together. Lee and McClain are interesting, since they both are smart players who make splash plays and who can get deep in underneath coverage. McClain and Hardy are interesting because they both have that sort of unhinged quality about them that makes other teams not want to play them so much. And having that extra pressure from Hardy is going to free up the rest of the DL and make it easy for Lee to bring more pressure in the backfield from the WIL. With the press CBs doing their job, it's going to be really tough to pass against this team right about week 5.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont trust him. Have low expectations.

I don't, either. But I have high expectations for while he's out there. It's only a question of how long he's able to be in the lineup before his head is not right or he fails his next test.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
This is good to hear. Now how long till he decides he doesn't wanna practice anymore? This guy, while a physical freak and great instinctive football player, gets really lazy at times

erod

Reaction score
I have zero trust in this guy, so anything he contributes is a huge bonus.

Everson24

Reaction score
If Anthony Hitchens stays healthy I don't think it is automatic that McClain comes right in and replaces him. In fact I will make the prediction that McClain only starts if Hitchens or Lee is injured.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Again? He came in as a headcase, the following offseason, he's suspended. McClain has always had talent, it's his off the field issues that caused issues. He hasn't proven a single person wrong.

BS that he didn't prove anyone wrong. Half thr board last season said that he wouldn't play good, that the Raiders released him for a reason and that he was gonna be a bum and a waste of a trade. And that was purely from a talent standpoint not even talking about him doing something off the field or getting suspended. So like I said he will come prove people wrong again (people who are expecting nothing from him once again)