Twitter: Jim Garrett passes away

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is too bad to hear. No matter how we all might feel about him as a coach, Jason is still a person. My condolences to him and his family.

Under these circumstances Jason may coach with some fire next season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is too bad to hear. No matter how we all might feel about him as a coach, Jason is still a person. My condolences to him and his family.

Under these circumstances Jason may coach with some fire next season.
I agree...if it affects him like it affected me when my Dad passed,it will renew him totally. Things happen for a reason we dont always understand in the moment.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I too remember him from Hard Knocks!! As many posters have already said, it is hard to lose a family member. I lost my Dad a few years ago, so I know what the Garret family is going through. May God grant them peace and strength during this difficult time. RIP. :(

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Something cool I forgot...My dad would always call me right before and after a Dallas game,no matter the outcome. THAT year in 2013 when he passed,Dallas had a game a few days later,I believe they won,but anyways...about 5 minutes after the game I received a phone call from HIS CELL! I picked up and heard garbled words..then a dial tone...never again did that occur. I believe maybe that was his spirit or energy trying to let me know he was ok AND STILL ABLE TO SEE DALLAS PLAY. Called my mother and she said that the phone(my dads) was dead and in a kitchen drawer so she simply had no answer for it... Anyone else have a story similar ?Thought I would share that with you guys.

Nothing similar. We just visit in dreams :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
BTW...enjoy every moment with your dad. The little moments matter. Even some of the things he may do that rub you the wrong way.I found that out after mine passed. I found myself wanting for those times where he irritated me to no end lol....Does that sound nuts? Prolly does..but I miss that.

Dad and I weren't real close when I was young. Of course I knew more than he did, was stronger, ran faster then I grew up. He worked on the family farm until he passed. My brother and I inherited the farm. He was always there. A man of the earth, a man of peace and calm. We miss his wisdom, his witty sense of humor and his hand on our shoulder when we needed it. God bless amazing dads. And Mum's I have a living one

MrMavsMan

Reaction score
damn, as much as I don't like JG, I feel really bad for him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Was maybe last week, there were threads on here about Jim Garrett and his involvement with the Cowboys. I'm sorry for the entire Garrett Family, condolences all around.

On the other hand, how many people can say that they were able to do what they loved their whole lives and were able to go out on their own terms?

R.I.P. James W. Garrett
June 19, 1930 – February 9, 2018

DFWJC

Reaction score
RIP
He had a great reputation as a good person.
87 years is a good run, though we always would like a bit more.
Condolences to his family.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Prayers out for the Garrett family and I wish them all the best. My condolences.

All Dallas Cowboys fans, players, and coaches are a part of the same "family". RIP, Jim Garrett.