Twitter: Jimmy: Jerry doesn't ever want to admit he's wrong

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro actually has promoted it so much he might actually believe it himself . It doesn’t matter. He can’t be trusted .

Many of us knew it 28 years ago what the priorities were. It wasn’t winning when your ego can’t co exist with your back to back championship HC.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
This is very true. Just see him insisting he be GM with his pal and son Stephen and their handling of the situation with Jimmy, Garrett and Dak. They do not admit they are wrong even if it's staring them right in the face.

Redline360

Reaction score
If it wasnt for Jimmy, Jerry would argurably be one of the worst franchise owners in the history of the sport. Jimmy really built "America's team" and got the cash cow moving.

Jerry got so incredibly lucky to build this money printing franchise.

irishline

Reaction score
Nah Jerry will do it because he has to.. not because its right.

Yea it looks ridiculous that someone who got into the hall of fame because of his accomplishments as a Cowboy cannot get in the Cowboys ROH for those same accomplishments.

That's the only reason he will eventually do it (stupid as it is that it has to be the reason).

:huh::angry:

Sounds even worse when you say/write it out.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If you want to listen, 7:55 mark of the video.

Usually I do not give talking head shows any consideration whatsoever but I am glad you posted that segment. Jimmy Johnson gave a... polite observation of Jerry Jones' behavior. He could have been more precise. Maybe he will offer more insight in his new book.

It did illustrate a demeanor atypical of someone just having a "big ego." Narcissists usually fill a void vacated by a another strong personality pretty quickly afterwards.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How many posters admit they are wrong...a handful? It's human nature not to admit you're wrong.
Somewhere in the background I hear the song...."If loving you is wrong....I don't wanna be right.."

fivetwos

Reaction score
There has to be some secret recording of Jerry Jones available like Donald Sterling.
Can we concoct that somehow?

Genius idea.

Maybe those guys on the fan or whatever it was.

Fake Garrett was hysterical.

Fake Wade would have been funny if not so sadly true.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Take a good look folks, that was the last legitimate Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. The rest have been part of the clown show that is the Arlington Jerry's.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How many posters admit they are wrong...a handful? It's human nature not to admit you're wrong.

But Part of the reason these GM’s and coaches are so successful and put in this position in the first place is because they can recognize when they’re wrong and change it before it becomes a problem. You can’t compare that level of responsibility to random fans on a message board.

part of the problem with the cowboys the last quarter century is Jerry wants to do it Jerry’s way, not the right way

plasticman

Reaction score
We need a strong coach that can keep Jerry in his place. It will not happen until Jerry has died.

LOL, I don't think any coach has to be that strong to keep Jerry in his place if he is dead.

I know that wasn't your intended meaning, just having fun.